View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 22nd, 2014, 7:08 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Flip Murray a Piston 
Stadium Announcer

Post Flip Murray a Piston
Flip Murray signed a two-year contract to what is believed to be a 2-year, 3.6 million dollar contract.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2520208

Now the Pistons are outta of money, but they did a good job filling the holes that the team had.

The only question now is who starts McDyess or Mohammad?

July 15th, 2006, 4:03 am
RIP Killer

Good move for the price, but I'm still scared. Good depth, but I'm still not seeing them as even the top 3 teams in the East.

Flip isn't a bad player, but he doesn't play D. While he may provide some scoring and will be a lot better of the bench than Delk, I don't think he'll improve the team THAT much, only slightly.

July 15th, 2006, 11:50 am
Personally I wanted Bonzi Wells... I can't really explain why... I just think he would have really fit in and solidified our team...

I have to agree with Conversion... IMO we are no longer a top 3 team in the East... Maybe I'm wrong... I REALLY like Naz. Mo a lot... I liked him in San An, and I expect him to do great things for us... That said... We need to deal some players to get back to being competitive IMO... I for one, would like to see Billups gone... I prefer a PG that can drive, penetrate, and create opportunitties... Billups passed terrible, turned the ball over a ton, and his bullyish style didn't work in the playoffs... IMO the other teams in the league are on to him and his style of play. I don't see him being what he was the prior two seasons again in his career...

July 17th, 2006, 12:26 am
Post Re: Flip Murray a Piston
Godmoney wrote:
The only question now is who starts McDyess or Mohammad?

That's no question at all... Mohammad starts IMO...

Dyess is too comfortable coming off of the bench, and Naz has the young legs... IMO Dyess can't last a whole season if he's starting... Also, Naz has the height, length, and probably the ability to win a jumpball on Dyess as well...

July 17th, 2006, 12:28 am

July 17th, 2006, 12:30 am
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

Who the hell is our backup PG???

Lindsey Hunter is our backup PG. Right now I see the Pistons key bench players being Carlos Delfino, Antonio McDyess, Lindsey Hunter, Flip Murray, and possibly Maxiell/Acker (although I'm still skeptical about either both of them).

I love the move to get Flip Murray though, not only does it help our team, but it hinders the Cleveland Cavaliers :lol: !!

July 17th, 2006, 1:32 am
Profile YIM
wjb21ndtown wrote:
Who the hell is our backup PG???

Lindsey Hunter is our backup PG. Right now I see the Pistons key bench players being Carlos Delfino, Antonio McDyess, Lindsey Hunter, Flip Murray, and possibly Maxiell/Acker (although I'm still skeptical about either both of them).

I love the move to get Flip Murray though, not only does it help our team, but it hinders the Cleveland Cavaliers :lol: !!

Has Lindsey said for sure that he's going to return??? Last I heard his return was sketchy at best...

Anyone think that Will Blaylock will get some decent time this year???

July 17th, 2006, 1:48 am
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

Has Lindsey said for sure that he's going to return??? Last I heard his return was sketchy at best...

Anyone think that Will Blaylock will get some decent time this year???

Lindsey signed on for 2 more years. Joe and the front office like Blalock alot, but I don't see him making the regular roatation unless there is an injury. The NBDL is in Blalock's future.

Quote:
I for one, would like to see Billups gone... I prefer a PG that can drive, penetrate, and create opportunitties... Billups passed terrible, turned the ball over a ton, and his bullyish style didn't work in the playoffs... IMO the other teams in the league are on to him and his style of play. I don't see him being what he was the prior two seasons again in his career...

Are you kidding me?! Billups had the best regular season of his career. His assist to turnover ratio was the best in the league or top 3 all season long. Chauncey did have a bad playoff's and had dead legs in the postseason, but no Piston played well outside of Tayshaun and McDyess. Chauncey is just 29 and is in his prime. He is durable and never injured. He is also a team leader. The only thing that needs to be done w/ Billups is cutting back on his regular season minutes so that he is fresher come playoffs.

Tim

July 17th, 2006, 1:19 pm
Stadium Announcer

Personally I wanted Bonzi Wells... I can't really explain why... I just think he would have really fit in and solidified our team...

We could have gotten Bonzi Wells if the Ben Wallace had decided to re-sign with the Pistons. Then we wouldn't have offered Mohammad a mid-level salary and could have offered that to Wells.

It worked out for the best though, that Ben Wallace didn't sign, but I still wish that we could have done a sign-and-trade deal involving Wallace.

Of course, now we don't have any money to sign anybody, let alone Wells.

July 17th, 2006, 9:53 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]