View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 18th, 2014, 12:01 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Dupree is back 
Stadium Announcer

Post Dupree is back
The Pistons have signed Ronald Dupree, who played with the Timberwolves last season. Dupree was traded last season for a second round pick.

http://www.mlive.com/pistons/stories/in ... xml&coll=1

Does this clear room to trade Delfino? Or, does this create a bigger bench? What about the future of the younger players (Acker, Johnson) or does this rest the older players (Hunter)?

Many questions still have to be answered but what is Joe D cooking up?

July 17th, 2006, 9:48 pm
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

We can keep up to 15 players on rosters now so Joe is just adding depth at small forward. Delfino is not going anywhere.

Tim

July 18th, 2006, 10:35 am
Site Admin

I had read somewhere that Delfino wants to go elsewhere. It was from an Argentinian paper. I doubt he is going to make noise about it and he probably has been promised more time this year which makes sense on many levels. Most importantly is that I think the starters were completely exhausted last year and Flip needs to have some more confidence in our bench. I think with some regular time Delfino could develop into a nice option off the bench.

I wonder if the Pistons are bumming that they dumped Darko at this point. Sucks that they did it to clear room for Ben and then Ben jumps ship. If he were here he would surely get more minutes and likely develop much faster.

July 18th, 2006, 10:42 am
Profile WWW
I had read somewhere that Delfino wants to go elsewhere. It was from an Argentinian paper. I doubt he is going to make noise about it and he probably has been promised more time this year which makes sense on many levels. Most importantly is that I think the starters were completely exhausted last year and Flip needs to have some more confidence in our bench. I think with some regular time Delfino could develop into a nice option off the bench.

I wonder if the Pistons are bumming that they dumped Darko at this point. Sucks that they did it to clear room for Ben and then Ben jumps ship. If he were here he would surely get more minutes and likely develop much faster.

I for one didn't want to trade Darko... He immediately turned into a 7-10 point per night 7 + rebound per game player once Orlando started giving him minutes... He sees the court well and he's incredibly quick for his size... What pisses me off about Flip is how well he DOESN"T know his team... He doesn't seem to know who has a good perimeter shot off the bench to get the team going during a drought... He doesn't seem to know who has energy to provide that "spark" when we're sluggish... He doesn't seem to know his bench players at all... He seems to use them only as fill-in's for when he's giving someone a breather, and, aside from Delk who REFUSES to let the ball pass through his hands w/o shooting it... He doesn't seem to design plays or count on his bench for much of anything, aside for rest...

I don't like coaches like that for the simple fact as you get what we had here last year, tired out starters that can't finish...

July 18th, 2006, 10:51 pm
RIP Killer

Don't forget that Darko was out-blocking Ben when he was playing. Darko was a block machine.

I hated the guy when he was here because he half-assed it in games (when he got real PT or even mop up PT). The guy just had no heart and didn't care. He knew he wasn't going to start with Ben and Sheed around and lost whatever fire he had. Oh well though. Hopefully that first rounder next season will turn out to be a stud.

July 19th, 2006, 8:04 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]