View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 22nd, 2014, 8:40 pm

Reply to topic  [ 252 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 17  Next
 Hall of Shame : The NFL's Bad Boys 
Hall of Fame Player

Post TO = Selfish Asshat!
m2karateman wrote:
KFFL wrote:
Cowboys | Owens blames media for being portrayed as selfish
Mon, 17 Jul 2006 18:40:54 -0700

The Associated Press reports Dallas Cowboys WR Terrell Owens blames the media for portraying him as a selfish player. He did admit a tendency of saying things about others that he wouldn't want said about himself. During an interview on HBO's "Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel," Owens acknowledged dishing out more criticism that he is willing to take. He also believes reporters are using him "to gain viewers' attention." He believes that he is "misunderstood," but recognizes that other players have been portrayed that way as well. However, Owens feels that he has been "one of the main guys who've been vilified." Owens added, "Why me? ... At some point it does get to me. And I can't say it enough. Dude, I'm human and that's what I'm trying to get people to understand."

This guy is in a world of denial. Rag out your QB, offensive coach, head coach, teammate........but he's not selfish. Bitch about not getting the ball enough in SF..........but he's not selfish. Tell a friend (Ray Lewis) you are coming to play in Baltimore......force a trade out of SF.......they make the trade to Baltimore, but you decide you want to go to Philly instead........stamp your feet and pout until you get your way.........but you're not selfish. Sign a $49 million contract........and less than 12 months later complain that it's not enough..........but you're not selfish. Tell anyone who will listen that your QB got tired during the Super Bowl......but conveniently leave out the part about him having just gotten over the flu.........but you're not selfish. Hold a press conference.............have your agent field questions..............make sure he just keeps saying "Next question" and not give any answers...........but you're not selfish. Force your way out of Philly and six more years on a contract..........but you're not selfish.

No, Terrell. You're not selfish.

You're just an A$$HOLE!

M2K,

Every word you spoke is a fact! Pure and simple.

TO = Selfish Asshat!

July 18th, 2006, 12:52 pm
Profile WWW
Modmin Dude

ProFootballTalk.com wrote:
"BEGINNING OF THE END" FOR T.O. IN BIG D?

The recent media blitz involving Cowboys receiver Terrell Owens is causing at least one league insider to predict that, based on some of T.O.'s comments, it is the "beginning of the end" of Owens' short-term tenure in Dallas.

In comments on Sirius NFL Radio on Tuesday, Owens discussed his role on his new team's offense. "I feel like when the ball needs to be in a playmaker's hands, I feel like Bill [Parcells] will make that call. I have all the confidence in the world that he'll use me to the best of my ability regardless of who is out there," Owens said. (Thanks to KFFL.com's "Hot Off The Wire" for the quote.)

Possible translation? "I will get the ball."

Possible deeper meaning? "If I don't get the ball, I will get into someone's rectum."

Bottom line? "I still love me some me."

And that really is the message here. Owens finally has gotten a chance to indulge himself in the worst case of sports narcissism since Bobby Riggs, who was so desperate for attention that he allowed his 55-year-old rectum to get kicked in a tennis match by a superior female athlete in her prime.

In this case, T.O. is allowing his 55-I.Q. brain to spew out stuff that could come back to haunt him before too long.

For now, he merely is happy to be basking in the spotlight, and he isn't regarding the short-term and long-term consequences of his actions. Within the last week, T.O. has said that he was misquoted in his own book, then had his publicist say he was misquoted when he said he was misquoted, and then he blamed the media for painting one of the the most selfish players in NFL history as, you know, selfish.

Also on Sirius NFL Radio, T.O. threw some blame at his former agent, David Joseph, for the contract that he signed with the Eagles, and T.O. said that he was proud of standing up for himself with Eagles management.

The guy hasn't changed, and in our view the worst thing that he could have done was release a book within a couple of weeks of the start of training camp. With all of the opportunities for Owens to publicly demonstrate how much he loves him some him, he's more likely to enter preseason practices with the mindset that it's okay for T.O. to go back to being the same T.O. that got his rectum kicked out of Philly.

So the hint of contrition that Owens displayed upon signing with the Cowboys in March was, we believe, a ruse. The guy wanted to get paid, and he said what he had to say to get the $5 million signing bonus in his pocket.

And that's why we're more convinced than ever that there will be problems in training camp. Parcells will ride Owens like a fat kid on a Big Wheel, and Owens won't be able to take it. He might not say anything to the Tuna (or, as the case may be, throw a jersey at him), but our guess is that Owens eventually will run his mouth to the media, which only will make it worse.

Even if T.O. gets to the regular season without an eruption, his quote regarding his expected role in the offense is virtually a guarantee that, unless he gets 10 receptions a game, he won't be happy.

And when T.O. isn't happy, his primary objective is to make as many of the folks around him as possible not happy, either.

July 19th, 2006, 10:16 am
RIP Killer

Though I am not really a big fan of his, Clark hits the nail on the head here.

From CBS Sportsline writer Clark Judge:

Quote:
So Terrell Owens claims he's misunderstood, which is another way of saying that the pro football season officially is upon us.

There can be no kickoff until T.O. launches into another woe-is-me rant, and we have it now in a soon-to-be-aired interview on HBO's Real Sports -- with the Dallas wide receiver blaming the media for what he believes is undeserved criticism.

There's no question he can catch. Now, about that attitude ...
"Why me?" he asks.

Man, am I glad you asked, T.O. But I don't know that you should consult your HBO audience. Maybe pose that question to someone like, oh, say, Richard Bloch. I think he's more qualified to respond.

If the name doesn't ring a bell, let me refresh your memory: He's the arbitrator who ruled against you in last year's grievance against the Philadelphia Eagles.

Essentially, he said the Eagles acted properly when they suspended you, then sat you down for the rest of the season -- in effect, preventing you from poisoning the locker room. In a 38-page decision he called you "a destructive and continuing threat to the team," remember?

Reading your comments to HBO, it sounds as if you don't. OK, then, try to remember what happened in Philadelphia last year. You started hunting season early, opening fire on quarterback Donovan McNabb somewhere around April and didn't stop until the Eagles threw you out of the locker room.

It started with you questioning McNabb's performance in the Super Bowl, with you saying something like "I wasn't the guy who got tired." Now, c'mon, T.O., admit it: That was stupid. Teammates ... no, good teammates ... don't do that.

But stupidity doesn't get you fined or suspended. Taking on a coaching staff does, and sorry, but the media served only as interested spectators while you self-immolated. You watch a guy tear himself apart more than once, and you start thinking ... hmmmm, I think I know what's going on here.

And I think we do.

Let's see, you battled with your head coach in San Francisco, Steve Mariucci. You erupted at his offensive coordinator, Gregg Knapp. You "vilified" -- to borrow a word from your HBO vocabulary -- your quarterback with the 49ers, Jeff Garcia. You took on Baltimore G.M. Ozzie Newsome when it appeared you were headed to the Ravens. You mixed it up with Eagles' head coach Andy Reid. You declared war on offensive coordinator Brad Childress. You can't stop lobbing grenades at McNabb.

Oh, yeah, I almost forgot: The 49ers punished you by sitting you down for a week. The Eagles sat you down for half a season.

What, you want me to draw a picture? You see, T.O., when you wonder why you don't get the benefit of the doubt, it's because you don't deserve it. Simple as that. You think the media doesn't get you? Try talking to the publicist for your latest tell-all book. Kim Etheredge told the Dallas Morning News that reports suggesting you were misquoted in T.O. just aren't true.

I know, I know, you said ... or at least were alleged to have said ... that you never used the word "heroic;" that co-author Jason Rosenhaus picked it. But that's the problem with writing your own book, T.O. Autobiographies, by definition, mean you're responsible for what's in there -- especially when you remind readers that "these are my words, straight from me to you" on the book's second page.

Man, I hate when that happens. So, if you're misunderstood, T.O., it's with the author of the book ... that you just wrote.

Which takes me back to Richard Bloch. In essence, he offered what should have been helpful advice. He tried to tell you that it wasn't the Eagles who were at fault last year; it was you. It wasn't McNabb. It wasn't Reid. It wasn't Childress. It wasn't Joe Banner or Hugh Douglas or the Philadelphia Inquirer or Daily News or anyone who happened to disagree with you.

It was Terrell Owens. Period. You screwed up; the Eagles didn't.

Once, I thought Bloch's ruling might serve as a wake-up call. Once, I thought by sitting you down for a time-out, he'd compel you to reconsider what just happened and to ask yourself why Philadelphia and San Francisco -- two clubs where you were a critical component of the offenses -- were glad to be rid of you

But I was wrong. It's not the media that doesn't get it, T.O. It's you.

July 20th, 2006, 9:35 am
Junior Varsity

Post Re: Dolphins TE McMichael Arrested - battery and trespass
LionFan57 wrote:
Quote:
McMichael arrested, accused of hitting wife

GROVETOWN, Ga. -- Miami Dolphins tight end Randy McMichael is facing charges for the second time in 13 months for allegedly hitting his wife.

Randy McMichael

McMichael was arrested early Saturday morning in Columbia County after witnesses told police that he had given his wife, Cawanna, a bloody nose.

The 26-year-old McMichael was taken to the Columbia County Detention Center, where he was charged with simple battery and criminal trespass. McMichael was released just before 7 a.m. Saturday after posting a $2,200 bond, according to jail records.

"We certainly don't condone the conduct which has been alleged, and we recognize the seriousness of the charges; however, we will not make a specific comment about this matter until we gather more information," Dolphins coach Nick Saban said in a statement Monday.

According to the police report, McMichael acknowledged he had two glasses of wine and several beers before arguing with his wife, but he refused to take a field breathalyzer test.

Cawanna McMichael, 22, told police the contact with her husband was an accident as he was throwing some of her belongings out of their 1984 Cadillac Coupe de Ville.

Four witnesses told police they saw McMichael throw his wife from the car. One witness told police he saw the athlete throw his wife away from the vehicle several times, according to the report.

Cawanna McMichael was treated at the scene.

Prosecutors decided not to file charges after McMichael was arrested in June 2004 and accused of hitting his wife. McMichael had been charged with aggravated battery on a pregnant woman, a second-degree felony that is punishable by up to 15 years in prison.

In his third season with the Dolphins in 2004, McMichael caught a career-high 73 passes for 791 yards and four touchdowns.

Associated Press via ESPN.com

"Four witnesses told police they saw McMichael throw his wife from the car".

How does someone do that and call themselves a man?

:? Good question and here's another one; WHY IS SHE STILL WITH HIM?? If a man raises his voice at me, I'm gone! If he puts his hands on me (in a violent way), he's DEAD. Women do not have to put up with abuse and if they stay with their abuser, they're just STUPID imo.

Eldridge Cleaver

Go get 'em, TIGERS!!! :)

July 28th, 2006, 2:25 pm
Profile YIM
Junior Varsity

Post Re: Urlacher is a Dad!
LionFan57 wrote:
Quote:
Bears | Police and Courts: Urlacher
Sat, 23 Jul 2005 07:46:02 -0700

The Chicago Sun-Times reports DNA tests have proven Chicago Bears LB Brian Urlacher is the father of a two-month-old baby, according to court documents that resulted from Urlacher's lawsuit to prove whether he is the father. Urlacher filed a lawsuit in Will County, where the baby's mother Tyna Marie Robertson lives, to compel DNA testing to prove whether he is the father. Robertson argues in her court filings that she needs financial support from Urlacher to support their daughter. She said Friday night that she and Urlacher were working things out amicably. "Brian considers this a highly personal matter, and in terms of the child's best interests and the parties' best interests, we think we should give no comment, and no one should be really talking about this,'' said Urlacher's attorney, Donald Schiller.

Wrap that Rascal!!

:lol: :( No, SH*T! There's one thing the article got wrong...the baby is a BOY and Lach's currently suing the skank for custody of the boy (who's 13 mos. old now). She's also facing trial for extortion now. In '02 she cried 'rape' after a weekend tryst in Vegas with "Riverdance" and "Lord of the Dance" star, Michael Flatley! He just won the right to bring her to trial for trying to blackmail him with the fake rape charge. She's a stripper that has targeted several wealthy/famous men.

Fellas, please wrap it up and stay away from gold digging skanks!

Poor Lach...don't dog my Big Boy too badly, hehehe! What he did was definitely stupid, but he hasn't killed anybody yet (can you say RAY LEWIS?)

Eldridge Cleaver

July 28th, 2006, 2:38 pm
Profile YIM
Color Commentator - John Madden

UrlsGrrl54 wrote:
[ :lol: :( No, SH*T! There's one thing the article got wrong...the baby is a BOY and Lach's currently suing the skank for custody of the boy (who's 13 mos. old now).

The only question I have is why it matters if the baby is a BOY or GIRL? Either way Urlacher should have the same amount of LOVE!!!

July 29th, 2006, 1:29 am
Junior Varsity

CMWSR wrote:
UrlsGrrl54 wrote:
[ :lol: :( No, SH*T! There's one thing the article got wrong...the baby is a BOY and Lach's currently suing the skank for custody of the boy (who's 13 mos. old now).

The only question I have is why it matters if the baby is a BOY or GIRL? Either way Urlacher should have the same amount of LOVE!!!

:roll: :lol: So, reporting the FACTS doesn't matter to you? There's no question he loves this child (which is his 3rd btw. He has 2 daughters with his ex-wife), that's why he's fighting for custody.

The real question is why he'd be placed in a "Hall of Shame" thread over this matter? He supports his children, is loyal to his team and isn't a f*ck up like the players listed (wife beaters, drunk drivers, dope addicts, cop fighters and the like). You're all grasping at straws to disgrace an awesome player (on an awesome team, I may add) that doesn't deserve it. If having unprotected sex qualifies a football player for a 'Hall of Shame' label, you may as well list the entire NFL!

As much as I dislike Terrell Owens' treatment of the Eagles, even he doesn't belong on a list with criminals!

As much as it pains me, you guys (and gals) got it right adding Tank Johnson to it. He was breaking the law.

Eldridge Cleaver

July 29th, 2006, 2:29 am
Profile YIM
Hall of Fame Player

UrlsGrrl54 wrote:
CMWSR wrote:
UrlsGrrl54 wrote:

:roll: :lol: So, reporting the FACTS doesn't matter to you? There's no question he loves this child (which is his 3rd btw. He has 2 daughters with his ex-wife), that's why he's fighting for custody.

The real question is why he'd be placed in a "Hall of Shame" thread over this matter? He supports his children, is loyal to his team and isn't a f*ck up like the players listed (wife beaters, drunk drivers, dope addicts, cop fighters and the like). You're all grasping at straws to disgrace an awesome player (on an awesome team, I may add) that doesn't deserve it. If having unprotected sex qualifies a football player for a 'Hall of Shame' label, you may as well list the entire NFL!

As much as I dislike Terrell Owens' treatment of the Eagles, even he doesn't belong on a list with criminals!

As much as it pains me, you guys (and gals) got it right adding Tank Johnson to it. He was breaking the law.

Clearly having unprotected sex and getting someone pregnant is a lesser 'crime' than wife beating, rape or murder, etc (as some others in this thread). And I'm glad to hear Urlacher is supporting his kids (BTW, he's supposed to do that). But he is a huge 'star' (more-so than some others) and therefore gets more attention - good and bad. When this was originally posted a year ago he was hugely in the news, in part, because he was dating someone famous (I can't ever remember who at the moment).

I remember posting it and thinking that perhaps the "Wrap That Rascal" slogan would help LionBacker members to remember not to get some desperate, meaningless, one night stand artist, coke whore pregnant and have to deal with this issue themselves.

Furthermore, I wasn't about to start a new thread for it and this seamed like a good place to stick it. (If Urlacher had 'stuck it' somewhere else we wouldn't be having this discussion now would we?)

On a separate but related note you can post whatever pleases you but I'd enjoy your comments more if I didn't have to read around the "Bears / Urlacher is Awesome" propaganda most of the time.

July 29th, 2006, 8:26 am
Profile WWW
Hall of Fame Player

The latest from the police blotter is non other than former Lion Barrett Brooks.

What a DUMB rectum :!: Given what happened to his teammate Ben Rothlisburger, WHAT THE HELL WAS HE THINKING?

Quote:
Ex-Lion Brooks apologizes

Steelers offensive lineman Barrett Brooks apologized to the Steelers for his weekend arrest on charges he fled from police on his motorcycle but said the chase resulted from miscommunication and not any wrongdoing.

Brooks, a 34-year-old backup and former Lion, was charged with fleeing and eluding, reckless driving, driving at an unsafe speed and other traffic violations Sunday. He was taken to Allegheny County Jail, according to Pittsburgh police Sgt. Dennis Washington .

Brooks wasn't intoxicated but wasn't wearing a helmet while on his motorcycle, police said.

"We're very disappointed with the judgment he displayed Saturday night, we talked to the football team about it and we'll leave it at that," coach Bill Cowher said.

August 8th, 2006, 8:47 am
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

Ex-OSU star Clarett arrested with 4 guns

Detroit News wire services

COLUMBUS, Ohio -- Maurice Clarett was arrested early Wednesday after a highway chase that ended with police using Mace on the former Ohio State running back and finding four loaded guns in his truck, a police spokesman said.

Officers used Mace to subdue Clarett after a stun gun was ineffective because the former Fiesta Bowl star was wearing a bullet-resistant vest, Sgt. Michael Woods said.

"It took several officers to get him handcuffed," Woods said. "Even after he was placed in the paddy wagon, he was still kicking at the doors and being a problem for the officers."

Clarett was taken to police headquarters to be interviewed. Police planned to charge him with carrying concealed weapons and other counts, Woods said.

Clarett made an illegal U-turn on the city's east side and failed to stop when officers, in a cruiser with lights flashing, tried to pull him over, Woods said.

Police were pursuing Clarett on eastbound Interstate 70 when he darted across the median and began heading west. Clarett drove over a spike strip that was placed on the highway, flattening the driver's-side tires of the SUV, Woods said.

Clarett exited the highway and pulled into a restaurant parking lot, where officers removed him from the SUV after he failed to obey numerous orders to exit the vehicle, Woods said.

After Clarett was placed in a police van, officers discovered a loaded rifle and three loaded handguns in the front of the vehicle, Woods said.

Woods said he did not know where Clarett got the guns or why he had them, and that federal authorities plan to trace their ownership.

Clarett, 22, is currently awaiting trial on two counts of aggravated robbery, four counts of robbery and one count of carrying a concealed weapon in a separate case. Authorities said he was identified by witnesses as the person who flashed a gun and robbed two people in an alley behind the Opium Lounge in the early hours of Jan. 1.

Messages seeking comment were left Wednesday morning for Clarett's attorneys in that case, Nick Mango and Michael Hoague.

Clarett scored the winning touchdown in the second overtime to lead Ohio State to the 2002 national championship, the school's first since 1968. But that Fiesta Bowl game was the last game the freshman played for Ohio State. He sat out the 2003 season after being charged with misdemeanor falsification on a police report, then dropped out of school. He sued to be included in the 2004 NFL draft and lost in court.

A surprise third-round pick in the 2005 draft, he was cut by the Denver Broncos during the preseason.

My oh my! This kid has gone off the deep end.......... :o

Tim

August 9th, 2006, 10:01 am
RIP Killer

What really gets me is that there were a number of Lions fans that felt that Detroit should have taken a chance on him and drafted him. Thank God they didn't.

August 9th, 2006, 2:38 pm
Color Commentator - John Madden

Broncos | Shanahan comments on Clarett arrest
Wed, 9 Aug 2006 11:29:07 -0700

During his press conference Wednesday, Aug. 9, Denver Broncos head coach Mike Shanahan said the team tried its best to reach out to free agent RB Maurice Clarett while Clarett was in the team's training camp last season, but that Clarett was never receptive to the organization. "We tried to reach him quite a bit when he was here. What he did have here was a lot of support from our veterans. Our players tried to really take care of this guy, and he wanted no part of it. That was one of the reasons he didn't make our football team. I don't think I've ever been around a bunch of guys reaching out to a guy more than Maurice, trying to help him, and the guy not wanting that help. That's a shame because as we all know, everybody's got issues. He was one of the few players we've had who didn't want to be helped." Clarett was charged with carrying a concealed weapon without a permit early Wednesday, Aug. 9.

I just don't understand some people. So much potential with a great team and organization trying to help and you turn your nose up at it. Is gang banging that much more important than making millions playing football?

August 9th, 2006, 7:46 pm
RIP Killer

Titans "Pacman" Jones Charged With Disorderly Conduct, Intoxication

MURFREESBORO, Tenn. (AP) -Tennessee Titans cornerback Adam "Pacman" Jones was arrested outside a bar early Friday and charged with disorderly conduct and public intoxication.

Officers saw Jones arguing loudly with a woman outside a nightclub where a rap concert had been held, according to the police report. The 22-year-old Jones was described by police as slurring his speech, having bloodshot eyes and smelling strongly of alcohol.

The arrest came the day after the Titans broke training camp.

Jones was arguing with a woman he accused of stealing his wallet inside the club and passing it to one of her friends, according to police. Officers said they ordered Jones to leave several times, but he refused and continued to shout profanities.

Jones was released from custody in lieu of $750 bond.

He refused to sign an incident report over the theft of his wallet, which authorities said contained $750.

The Titans declined to comment on the charges. Jones couldn't be reached for comment.

The woman Jones was arguing with, Shakkiah Curtis, said his wallet and her purse were taken by other patrons at the club, the report said.

Another club patron also has filed a police complaint, accusing Jones of assaulting her. Toya Garth of Antioch told police Curtis accused her of taking the purse and that Jones spit in her face. She said she spit back at him. Garth didn't immediately seek an arrest warrant against Jones, the sheriff's department said.

Earlier in the week, Jones had talked about buying approximately 60 tickets for family and friends to watch him play against his hometown team, the Atlanta Falcons, Saturday night.

Almost three months after the Titans made him the sixth overall pick in the 2005 draft, Jones was arrested after an incident at a nightclub. The charges were later dismissed.

August 25th, 2006, 4:08 pm
Profile WWW
Stadium Announcer

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!1

September 11th, 2006, 5:30 am
Hall of Fame Player

Post Clarett agrees to plea deal, will serve 3? years
ESPN.com wrote:
Clarett agrees to plea deal, will serve 3? years

ESPN.com news services

Maurice Clarett has agreed to a plea bargain that will send the former Ohio State football star to prison for at least 3? years.

Clarett's deal with prosecutors in Columbus came Monday as jury selection was set to begin in his robbery trial. The plea covers that case and another that arose out of a police chase last month that ended with officers finding four loaded weapons in his vehicle.

The Columbus Dispatch reported that according to sources, Franklin County Common Pleas Judge David W. Fais will sentence Clarett to 7? years in prison, with an opportunity to apply for judicial release after 3?. Prosecutors have agreed not to object to an early release, the newspaper said.

He got off lucky!!

What a loser.

September 18th, 2006, 1:22 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 252 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 17  Next