View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 22nd, 2014, 4:39 pm

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 ESPN 
Afghan Allstar

Post ESPN
I don't understand how the team with the best record in the majors doesn't get any air time on ESPN. Living in California, that is pretty much the only chance I have to watch my Tigers, short of paying $50 for MLB.TV. I can watch all the Yankees and Red Sox that I want, but I want the Tigers. How do you feel about this???

June 26th, 2006, 4:40 pm
RIP Killer

Pisses me off. That's all that's ever on ESPN. It's BS. The Tigers have already won 51 games! They'd be lucky to win that in a season the past couple years. ESPN should be all over them. Especially beating teams like STL 10-6.

June 26th, 2006, 7:20 pm
Modmin Dude

I agree. Its complete BS. I would love the chance to check out the Tigers every once in a while.

June 26th, 2006, 8:15 pm
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

That's ESPN for you. I remember the Tigers being on ESPN once this year and that was because they were playing the Yankees! It's not like they're gonna get a huge ratings boost from New York either, since ESPN is blacked out in the local markets when their teams are playing.

It's not just the games that they televise either. It's the teams and players that they lead off Sportscenter with too. How much Kobe Bryant and Barry Bonds do we really need to be subjected to? Why do the Yankees get 5 minutes of highlights and/or commentary while the Tigers get 30 seconds? It really makes me sick sometimes.

June 26th, 2006, 9:24 pm
That's ESPN for you.

That's capitalism for you as well though... All they do is make good business decisions... Sure some Tiger's fans out of state come out of the woodwork when we start winning more games, but the market base for NY, Boston, ext is much MUCH bigger than that of the Tigers...

June 26th, 2006, 11:26 pm
Div 1 - Starter

Let me just preface my comment with this: I am fortunate to get most Tiger games this season on FSN and UPN....however, allow me to assure you that $50 is a mere pittance to watch this club play ball. If tomorrow my cable service suddenly dropped all the Tiger games, I would pay $50 in a flash to ensure that I did not miss one more game that I would have had the time to watch. There is no better way to finish off a work day.

This team is a complete joy to watch. If you have not been able to tune in....take advantage of new technology and sign up for MLB.com!!

At the beginning of this season, I never would have recommended this....nor would I be the type to schill for a pay site of any kind....but I feel that it is my duty as a fellow Detroit sports fan to assure you that $50 would be well spent to watch this club for the balance of the summer's nights........and it looks like possibly on into the fall as well!!! :cheers:

My favorite day ever as a Lions fan.

Somehow landing the Ndamo-nator would be the second best day ever.

June 26th, 2006, 11:28 pm
RIP Killer

I have MLBTV but it absolutely SUCKS. It's a POS most of the time. Like right now. Trying to watch the Tigers and nothing. No games are coming in, for whatever reason.

June 27th, 2006, 7:48 pm
Pop Warner Allstar

July 17th, 2006, 7:57 pm
Profile WWW
QB Coach

It's hard to even catch some of their games in Michigan. Their TV package is horrendous, until of course UPN picked up about 20 games. Any day game on a weekday isn't televised it seems.

July 19th, 2006, 3:33 pm
Profile WWW
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

Well fellas, if the Tigers keep playing the way they did against the White Sox on national tv, we are sure to get more games on ESPN in the near future. They can't really ignore us now.... :lol:

Tim

July 21st, 2006, 12:08 pm
Butkus Award Winner

I live in Fort Collins and buy the gameday audio for $15 bucks each year and watch the gameday macromedia thingy...I know that's not much but at least I can listen to the games here in colorado (even if I travel, I can listen via modem).

Just giving you out-of-staters some options.

By the way you will be able to see the DETROIT TIGERS vs THE NEW YORK YANKEES nationally on ESPN on Thursday, August 31st at 1:05p.m EST..might have to take the day off.

"May the Schwartz be with us" next year

--lionsfanincolorado

July 30th, 2006, 3:22 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]