View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 26th, 2014, 1:10 am

Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Tigers in First Place!!!!! 
Div 1 - Starter

Maybe we could throw Dmitri Young in a trade for Dontrell Willis. Do you think the Florida Marlins have any interest in him? He would become reunited with his brother down in Florida.

What national league GM would take on a player who doesn't play the field?

My favorite day ever as a Lions fan.

Somehow landing the Ndamo-nator would be the second best day ever.

June 5th, 2006, 1:04 pm
adpreston1385 wrote:
Maybe we could throw Dmitri Young in a trade for Dontrell Willis. Do you think the Florida Marlins have any interest in him? He would become reunited with his brother down in Florida.

What national league GM would take on a player who doesn't play the field?

Dmitri can play first.. but we have a first basemen... He can also play LF and a little 3rd base... I can't stand seeing him play anywhere outside of first because he's a fatty... He's still got decent speed for his size though, and he reads the ball well... That said... IMO Dmitri's trade value is minimal if anything... He's over paid, old, and he isn't producing at the plate...

June 5th, 2006, 1:35 pm
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

If we trade anyone for Dontrelle, it would be prospects. We have a few good ones. It just depends on what we are willing to give up for a player who will be a free agent at the end of the season.

As for a left handed bat, all those players mentioned earlier are premier players and teams are not going to part with them unless they are completely out of the race for the playoffs and want to unload. I really didn't see anyone on the list we could realistically get. The best we can possibly do is a lower profile player who has talent but hasn't produced where he is at for whatever reason and hope a change of scenery is what he needs.

I cannot think of anyone off the top of my head, but I'm sure Leyland is looking at all options.

Tim

June 5th, 2006, 3:30 pm
Div 1 - Starter

It's time to put an offer out there before Philly goes on a streak and gets back in the race....also, SI is reporting that Kenny Williams is trolling for Aaron Rowand back and we know the Yanks are always making offers for Abreu.....The Phils will not likely trade away two OFs.....Abreu is the most tradeable guy there......

I can still see him raking all those homers into the grand stand during the home run derby.....moon shots, all of 'em......

June 12th, 2006, 2:31 pm
Div 1 - Starter

What about dealing a couple young prospects (Humberto Sanchez, Jordan Tata, or Wil Ledezma plus Nook) for a stud, left handed, gold glover like Carl Crawford? They guy is young. He has already been signed to a long term deal. He would give us much needed speed at the top of the lineup. Shoot, with the recent emergence of Thames, I'd listen to offers that included Craig Monroe (whose top form, I dare say, we've seen).

June 14th, 2006, 11:37 pm
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

I don't understand all this talk for a left-handed bat. From what I've seen the past couple weeks the Detroit Tigers' offensive production is fine. My only concern with this team right now is the bullpen, which was stellar at the beginning of the year. I love Joel Zumaya and Jamie Walker, and Fernando Rodney and Jason Grilli are good most of the time. However, Roman Colon and Todd Jones have been god awful the past couple of weeks. I love bringing up Ledezma and sending down Seay, because Ledezma is a stud and although he might not be accustomed to bullpen relief I definitely think he'll give our bullpen a boost. Just keep your eyes out for Colon and Jones the next couple of weeks in interleague play. If they don't start pitching better Jim Leyland better think about demoting them to the minor leagues.

June 16th, 2006, 6:43 pm
Profile YIM
Red Shirt Freshman

I don't understand all this talk for a left-handed bat. From what I've seen the past couple weeks the Detroit Tigers' offensive production is fine. My only concern with this team right now is the bullpen, which was stellar at the beginning of the year. I love Joel Zumaya and Jamie Walker, and Fernando Rodney and Jason Grilli are good most of the time. However, Roman Colon and Todd Jones have been god awful the past couple of weeks. I love bringing up Ledezma and sending down Seay, because Ledezma is a stud and although he might not be accustomed to bullpen relief I definitely think he'll give our bullpen a boost. Just keep your eyes out for Colon and Jones the next couple of weeks in interleague play. If they don't start pitching better Jim Leyland better think about demoting them to the minor leagues.

I really don't think the Todd Jones is going to be sent to the minors. :wink:

"Whereas it is the duty of all nations to acknowledge the providence of Almighty God, to obey His will, to be grateful for His benefits, and humbly to implore His protection and favor..." -George Washington

June 19th, 2006, 12:21 pm
Hall of Fame Player

Jones will be all right. He didn't get the nickname Roller Coaster Jones for nothing. I can deal with the occasional blown save and high ERA in exchange for 40+ saves/year. At the begining of each season, you can just about write in 40+ saves for Jones.

July 13th, 2006, 11:27 pm
Hall of Fame Player

It is July 13th and the Tigers are still in first place with a major league best record of 60-29. :cheers: 8) :shock:

July 13th, 2006, 11:32 pm
Butkus Award Winner

BTW,

It is July 13th and the Tigers are still in first place with a major league best record of 60-29. :cheers: 8) :shock:

It is July 30th and the Tigers ARE STILL IN FIRST PLACE with a MLB best record of 70-33. :D headbang.gif

"May the Schwartz be with us" next year

--lionsfanincolorado

July 30th, 2006, 3:09 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

That 8th inning vs the Twins was the absolute worst inning of baseball I've ever seen.

July 30th, 2006, 4:53 pm
Red Shirt Freshman

That 8th inning vs the Twins was the absolute worst inning of baseball I've ever seen.

c'mon CO2, give these guys a break. They took 2 of 3 from the hottest team in bball. Yes they should have won the third game but these guys aren't use to all the winning. Things like that will go away. Give'm time.

"Whereas it is the duty of all nations to acknowledge the providence of Almighty God, to obey His will, to be grateful for His benefits, and humbly to implore His protection and favor..." -George Washington

July 31st, 2006, 9:17 am

:roll:

And our pitching staff is garbage... and we're frickin' terrrible.... :roll:

July 31st, 2006, 9:47 am
RIP Killer

I was referring more to the 3 errors, the terrible home plate umping job, the balk, and the fact that mags is possibly one of the slowest outfielders in the league to react to a fly ball.

The inning was just terrible. I'm not taking anything away from the team, but that was terrible team play.

July 31st, 2006, 10:55 am
Hall of Fame Player

"Things are changed and we're all excited about it," Monroe said. "There's never a knock of anybody that was here in the past. We have a lot of respect for those guys, but at the same time (manager Jim) Leyland has come in and he's just allowed us to relax. He's taught us to how prepare and believe."

The Tigers haven't finished with a winning record since going 85-77 in 1993.

Dmitri Young also had a two-run homer for the Tigers (72-35), who have the best record in the major leagues. Detroit also matched the record of its 1984 World Series championship team after 107 games.

"They're on a mission right now ... you can see that," Tampa Bay manager Joe Maddon said. "Guys just turn it up late. They really believe they can get the job done."

I am still in shock of how good the Tigers are this year. What a difference a year makes :!: Back in 84, I knew the Tigers were going to be very good. You could see it coming in 83. In 05, if you told me the Tigers were going to be this good in 06, I would have asked you what psycadelic drug you were using.

August 3rd, 2006, 8:56 am
Reply to topic   [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next