View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 22nd, 2014, 1:43 pm

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Roman Colon is garbage 
RIP Killer

Post Roman Colon is garbage
He comes in and can barely get an out. Guys like Walker, Zumaya, Grilli, Rodney, and even Ledezma are getting less time because of Colon and it's hurting the team. Colon has proven nothing but being below average since he's been a Tiger.

He comes in to get 3 outs and he can't do it without giving up at least a couple runs. It's like when Turd Jones comes in, you hold your breath and pray because you expect him to blow it. How does Leyland not see this??? He's terrible and possibly the worst player on the team. Sorry, had to vent.

Jamie Walker is a stud. He should be the go-to middle reliever (yes, over Mr. 102 mph).

July 21st, 2006, 9:39 pm
Veteran General Manager

Post Re: Roman Colon is garbage
conversion02 wrote:
He comes in and can barely get an out. Guys like Walker, Zumaya, Grilli, Rodney, and even Ledezma are getting less time because of Colon and it's hurting the team. Colon has proven nothing but being below average since he's been a Tiger.

He comes in to get 3 outs and he can't do it without giving up at least a couple runs. It's like when Turd Jones comes in, you hold your breath and pray because you expect him to blow it. How does Leyland not see this??? He's terrible and possibly the worst player on the team. Sorry, had to vent.

Jamie Walker is a stud. He should be the go-to middle reliever (yes, over Mr. 102 mph).

Then we would no situational left hander out of the bullpen.

July 21st, 2006, 9:48 pm
RIP Killer

July 21st, 2006, 10:02 pm
Veteran General Manager

Yes, Walker. You said he should be the go to middle reliever. If that happened, we would be left without a situational lefthander.

July 21st, 2006, 10:46 pm
RIP Killer

Bobby Seay was much better than Colon and was a lefty as well I believe.

July 21st, 2006, 10:59 pm
Veteran General Manager

I can't remember if Ledezma is a righty or a lefty at the moment and I haven't seen Seay pitch. So, I don't know much about him. But, if Ledezma is a lefty, he would be acceptable as the situational lefthander. But, Walker has been handling that job so well for so long, that I would be hesitant to try to move him into a new role.

July 22nd, 2006, 8:27 am
RIP Killer

Uh oh...Rogers done after a whopping 2 outs and 6 ERs. Enter Roman Colon. I'm turning the game off now. If the Indians don't score 10 in this game, I'll be shocked.

Edit -- "Who sucks donkey balls? Grilli sucks donkey balls! Grilli sucks donkey balls!" Wow, an inside the parker. That's one of maybe 2 I've seen in my lifetime. What the hell happened to that All-star pitching staff we used to have? 12 runs??? This pitching staff has been atrocious since the break.

July 25th, 2006, 7:46 pm
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

Wow CO2. Not that I completely disagree with you, but Verlander, Zumaya, and Bonderman have been good since the break. And Robertson had that big win. They will be fine. You didn't expect them to continue the pace they have been on all season, did you?

Tim

July 26th, 2006, 10:43 am
Uh oh...Rogers done after a whopping 2 outs and 6 ERs. Enter Roman Colon. I'm turning the game off now. If the Indians don't score 10 in this game, I'll be shocked.

Edit -- "Who sucks donkey balls? Grilli sucks donkey balls! Grilli sucks donkey balls!" Wow, an inside the parker. That's one of maybe 2 I've seen in my lifetime. What the hell happened to that All-star pitching staff we used to have? 12 runs??? This pitching staff has been atrocious since the break.

Personally I think you're wayyyyy too bandwagon when it comes to pitchers... You say Grilli sucks, you can't stand Colon (who's still developing), and you bounce on and off our pitching staff... We allowed one run today, and we've had quality starts since the break... We've had a couple of bad games, but nothing for concern...

July 26th, 2006, 5:06 pm
RIP Killer

Bandwagon? No, I get pissed when I see Colon come in and give up a dinger on the first pitch. How is that bandwagon? I expect these guys to keep the pace and do what they've been doing. My point is that I don't like our relievers. We have great starters and are average beyond that. You can't win the WS with average talent beyond your starters.

Grilli is average.
Colon is lucky to be considered average (you do want to win NOW don't you?)
Ledezma is as inconsistent as you can get, though I like what he brings.
Don't get me started on Turd Jones.
Zumaya - how can you not like this guy?
Walker - he should be THE go-to middle reliever. I love what he brings.
I would like to see Bobby Seay come back - he's better than Grilli.

Our middle relievers are average and they hurt us quite a bit, though it's only really reared it's ugly head lately. Yeah, they're young, but if you poll the players, I'm sure they'll say they want to win NOW. They have talent, but when you're in a 4-3 game against the Sox, you can't put out a Colon and let him develop.

We have great starters. I love Bondo, Verlander, Roberston, and Rogers (I don't think he should have been starting in the ASG though, he's past his prime).

July 26th, 2006, 6:50 pm
Bandwagon? No, I get pissed when I see Colon come in and give up a dinger on the first pitch. How is that bandwagon? I expect these guys to keep the pace and do what they've been doing. My point is that I don't like our relievers. We have great starters and are average beyond that. You can't win the WS with average talent beyond your starters.

Grilli is average.
Colon is lucky to be considered average (you do want to win NOW don't you?)
Ledezma is as inconsistent as you can get, though I like what he brings.
Don't get me started on Turd Jones.
Zumaya - how can you not like this guy?
Walker - he should be THE go-to middle reliever. I love what he brings.
I would like to see Bobby Seay come back - he's better than Grilli.

Our middle relievers are average and they hurt us quite a bit, though it's only really reared it's ugly head lately. Yeah, they're young, but if you poll the players, I'm sure they'll say they want to win NOW. They have talent, but when you're in a 4-3 game against the Sox, you can't put out a Colon and let him develop.

We have great starters. I love Bondo, Verlander, Roberston, and Rogers (I don't think he should have been starting in the ASG though, he's past his prime).

LMAO... judging a guy on one pitch... and you want to know how it's bandwagon!!~ :cheers: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry Convo, but that's just hilarious...

You gripe about Kenny's first inning... as atrocious as it was... it happens... it's baseball, and that's pitching... We won today 4-1

I don't know how you can act as if Bobby Seay is good, and start a thread that says Romon Colon is garbage.... I have to disagree there... I'd take Colon over Seay any day. And, Grilli is only "average" but you can't have a damn team full of allstars... At least he doesn't suck. I have no vendetta against Jones, he does his job when he needs to, and I think the experience he brings to our team is undervalued...

July 26th, 2006, 8:26 pm
RIP Killer

LMAO... judging a guy on one pitch... and you want to know how it's bandwagon!!~ :cheers: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry Convo, but that's just hilarious...

Umm, do you watch him pitch? His first inning he ALWAYS gives up big plays, doubles, homers, a bunch of singles. It takes him WAY too long to settle in. Miner looks more comfortable at the mound than Colon does. Middle relievers are NOT supposed to come in and pitch one terrible inning and one good inning. It defeats the whole purpose of the concept of a middle reliever.

Yeah...hilarious. Do you even watch baseball?

wjb21ndtown wrote:
You gripe about Kenny's first inning... as atrocious as it was... it happens... it's baseball, and that's pitching... We won today 4-1

Yeah, they won 4-1...but with the most consistent andd arguably the best pitcher on the squad throwing. If you watched the past 3 games you'd wonder how they give up that many runs to average teams.

wjb21ndtown wrote:
I don't know how you can act as if Bobby Seay is good, and start a thread that says Romon Colon is garbage.... I have to disagree there... I'd take Colon over Seay any day. And, Grilli is only "average" but you can't have a damn team full of allstars... At least he doesn't suck. I have no vendetta against Jones, he does his job when he needs to, and I think the experience he brings to our team is undervalued...

I like Seay better than Colon. I don't see the infatuation with Colon as you do.

You can have someone who's good rather than someone who is barely average. Grilli should be upgraded and he can be upgraded. We have 2 good relievers (Zoom and Walker) and a third who could be good if he was more consistent (Ledezma). Grilli and Colon could be upgraded without sparing much cash.

Whenever Jones enters a game and the lead is less than 6 runs, I hold my breath. Batters always rock balls to the track off him and it's a miracle if he doesn't give up a hit in the 9th, much less a run. They guy is probably the most overrated closer of all-time. Turd is past his prime and a closer is a guy you shouldn't think twice about coming in and not being able to get 3 straight outs.

July 26th, 2006, 8:48 pm
Veteran General Manager

Whenever Jones enters a game and the lead is less than 6 runs, I hold my breath. Batters always rock balls to the track off him and it's a miracle if he doesn't give up a hit in the 9th, much less a run. They guy is probably the most overrated closer of all-time. Turd is past his prime and a closer is a guy you shouldn't think twice about coming in and not being able to get 3 straight outs.

There are about 20 teams in the majors that would chop off their testicles if they could get Todd Jones.

July 26th, 2006, 11:41 pm
RIP Killer

Just wanted to comment on Ledezma's start today - he pitched very consistantly. What he wasn't doing when he was relieving - getting first pitch strikes. He did that today. Hopefully JL will give him some more starts and see if he can bring it every game. 5 2/3 IP, 0 ERs, and 6 hits...That's Verlander-esch. 5Ks, 2 BBs...not bad. His K/BB ratio is higher than it should be, but hopefully he can turn that around as a starter.

Great job today Will!

August 6th, 2006, 2:39 pm
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

I agree that Colon sucks. He got the win Friday night, despite giving up a run. Surprise! Surprise! As far as I'm concerned, he has replaced Turd Jones as my least favorite pitcher because Turd has been pitching quite well lately. Also, I was impressed by Ledezma today. He fared much better than I thought he would.

August 6th, 2006, 4:14 pm
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next