View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 29th, 2014, 10:52 am

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 My new fav mock 
RIP Killer

Post My new fav mock
This has become my new favorite mock...they change weekly though.

http://www.draftshowcase.com/coGMmock1.htm

Lions picks...
10)Merriman, DE
41)Odell Thurman, MLB
72)James Butler, FS
113)Courtney Roby, WR

I think the Butler pick in the 3rd isn't a good pick, I'd rather take Shazor or McPhearson who are still available in this mock. However, adding a FS would let us get rid of Marion. I still think Marion can be good if his CBs are healthy and Kenoy Kennedy actually being an upgrade over Walker.

This also has Roscoe Parish going in the 4th along with Andrew Walter. Both will go earlier than that.

April 1st, 2005, 12:01 am
Div 1 - Starter

I am glad to finally hear somebody stick up for Marion. Last year when we signed him, these boards were abuzz with talk about how we landed a stud FS. Well, we did. He is a little slower than his pro bowl days, but considering that he was consistently stranded with Bracy and various other replacement CBs, he did okay. He certainly made more tackles than a FS should have to make.

I think his wisdom and knowledge of the game will more than make up for the step he's lost for the next season or two. I expect a much better showing from him this season. I wish Lions fans weren't so quick to write him (and Fernando) off just because they failed to distinguish themselves on a defensive unit that was consistently shorthanded and always on the field.

My favorite day ever as a Lions fan.

Somehow landing the Ndamo-nator would be the second best day ever.

April 1st, 2005, 1:05 am
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Nobody should write off Fernado, he didn't have any good luck last season. You have an intersting point about Brock, but you have to admit that he didn't live up to expectations. I guess he just picked the wrong year to start slowing down, the year he came here.

April 1st, 2005, 8:49 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

I think it was the fact that he picked the wrong year to come here because of Walker. Walker was out of position, made bad reads, and is slow. Marion tried many times to cover Walker's territory too, but that doesn't work real well. That left the CBs getting burned. I wouldn't put Bly up against a 4.3 receiver, even though Bly is a pro-bowler. Bly and Bryant aren't as quick as they were and can get burned by faster, younger guys.

April 1st, 2005, 9:29 am
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Luckily we have Kennedy to clean their clock if they dare try to catch the ball in his territory.

April 1st, 2005, 9:36 am
Profile WWW
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

Luckily we have Kennedy to clean their clock if they dare try to catch the ball in his territory.

I hope to see some good highlight hits from kennedy this year, hat48.gif

April 1st, 2005, 10:04 am
RIP Killer

Actually James Butler in the third is a good pick. He is big enough to play strong safety, but has solid cover skills. Shazor won't be a very good strong safety in the NFL and will most likely be moved to linebacker ala Thomas Davis. Shazor lacks speed, and proved that at his pro day workouts. Butler is someone I would like to see on this team.

April 1st, 2005, 12:52 pm
Varsity Captain

:arrow: I think Brock will look much better with Kennedy opposite him. I also think Holt will work his way into a starting role at some point this year. Butler would make a nice replacement for Walker though.
:arrow:

April 3rd, 2005, 8:53 pm
Profile YIM
League MVP

Butler is a better prospect and athlete than Holt. Holt gets near the ball but is not much of an athlete and lacks coordination and hands. Remember Holt couldnt crack the lineup last year with Walker as a starter, how will he do it this year with Kennedy in place and the possibility of us having the top FS prospects on the board when we draft in round 2???

April 3rd, 2005, 8:58 pm
Peanut and Beer Salesman

Worst mock ever

April 3rd, 2005, 9:12 pm
RIP Killer

Butler is a better prospect and athlete than Holt. Holt gets near the ball but is not much of an athlete and lacks coordination and hands. Remember Holt couldnt crack the lineup last year with Walker as a starter, how will he do it this year with Kennedy in place and the possibility of us having the top FS prospects on the board when we draft in round 2???

Mariucci prefers to play veterans, even if those veterans aren't as good as the younger players they are starting ahead of. Many media people and football insiders criticized Mooch and Jauron for playing Walker ahead of Holt. Just because Mariucci made the wrong decision doesn't mean Holt doesn't have ability. It means Mooch is a moron about certain things, and this happens to be one of them. And if Holt lacks hands, explain his three interceptions in his rookie year playing in a limited role as a corner back. He tied for second on the team in picks that year and only played in five games.
Sorry Legend, but I think you're wrong on this one. Holt is a player and has solid abilities other than his speed. That is the one thing he doesn't have enough of to play free safety in my opinion. Hence my preference for him to have played strong safety once the Lions drafted him.
I like James Butler as he has better cover skills than run support ability, and the Lions need a safety that can cover well. They have one in Holt, but Butler has better speed and is better suited as a free safety.

April 4th, 2005, 7:42 am
League MVP

Holt only had 5 INTs in college, he was a 3 year starter. His 3 Ints as a rookie can be explained by numerous opportunities. He had several chances that I remember w most ending up hitting him in the hands, facemask, and chest before hitting the ground.
Int #1- 3rd stringer Rick Mirer (Brian Walker and Otis Smith also had Ints that game) who was getting annihilated by Hall and Edwards that put up a desperation rainbow that Holt came back with. I remember two others Holt shouldve had in this game.
Int #2- pretty big INT vs San Diego (Doug Flutie) , unfortunately Holt fumbled on the return and Dre Bly had to clean up his mess for him...
Int #3- vs Jake Delhomme. With Holt in the game though DelHomme was eating the lions secondary up w a stretch of 20/21 completions.

April 4th, 2005, 6:43 pm
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]