View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 18th, 2014, 8:30 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 roster 
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Post roster
Who will be the backup outfielders?

I think Thames or Gomez.

Also, should there be 11 or 12 pitchers?

March 31st, 2005, 9:39 am
Profile WWW
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

Right now in RF we will have Rondell White starting with Marcus Thames backing him up...in CF we have Craig Monroe starting with Nook Logan backing him up and LF we have Maggs starting with Marcus Thames backing him up and maybe Higgy too and thats about it...

Michael Huff for DROY

March 31st, 2005, 11:17 am
Profile WWW

Thames in AAA? An outrage!!!!!!! I fully disagree with that, expecially when we kept Higgy in his place. Thats probably the worst decision Tram has made in his three years.

Marcus is ticked and has reason to be. So is Da Meat Hook. They shouldn't cry to the media though. If Dimtri had a problem, he should have said it directly to Tram and not let the media know about that kind of dissent.

April 1st, 2005, 9:40 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Dimitri said it was a "Major League Mistake"

April 1st, 2005, 9:47 am
Profile WWW
Varsity Benchwarmer

I for one don't agree with it either. However, this could just last one month or even less so I guess I'm not that upset about it. The Tigers are actively trying to trade Higgy and you can't get any value if you can't look at him in the bigs.

Hopefully he's gone soon!

April 1st, 2005, 9:54 am
Profile YIM WWW
League MVP

White is in left, Monroe in center, and Ordonez in right. Logan and Higgy are the reserves. Why did Higgy make the team?
1. He can still get on base (OBP .353 despite hitting .246 last year) better than any of the others including Ordonez last year.
2. This OF is unbelievably poor defensively for a team in such a big park. He is the best OF of the bunch except Logan and has the strongest arm. 3. He is a left handed hitter.
4. Dewayne Wise has been hurt and Ordonez recently came down with diverticulitis which may limit his availability. Some people need surgery for that.
5. Thames still had minor league options available.
6. Higgy is making 8.8 million.

April 1st, 2005, 11:01 am
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

Why in the hell did we send Thames to AAA???? OMFG thats just bull poop, he hit pretty good last year and I liked him....that irritates me that Higgy made the roster and Marcus Thames didnt...

Michael Huff for DROY

April 1st, 2005, 11:29 am
Profile WWW

I don't mind having Higgy as much as not having Thames. Bobby would be a good bench player, but not at the expense Thames's spot.

April 1st, 2005, 11:57 am
Profile WWW
League MVP

We will probably see Thames later in the season. He is pretty much the same as Rondell White and Craig Monroe but not as good as either one. Thames doesnt offer much off the bench if White or Monroe are starting. I dunno who he would pinch hit for except maybe Pena if a lefty were pitching, the other starters are all either righties or switch hitters. Higgy plays better D, is a lefty, much more experienced and a patient hitter. Defensively Thames can really only play LF and is just avg there. Higgy can play well in LF or RF better than our starters at those spots. If either White or Higgy is sent packing or injured later in the season, we will see Thames and he will get at bats. In the meantime he can keep his bat warm in Toledo. Right now there is no role for him on the Tigers. Trammell is making the right move.

April 1st, 2005, 8:01 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]