View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 24th, 2014, 12:12 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 My Team hit me up with your thoughts 
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

Post My Team hit me up with your thoughts
QB=Marc Bulger
Big Ben

RB=LT
Tatum Bell
Fred Taylor
Mike Bell

WR=Randy Moss
Roy Williams
Mushin Muhamed
Jerry Porter
David Givens

TE=Crumpler
Ben Watson

Def=Bengals

K=Graham

what you guys think

August 8th, 2006, 8:17 pm
RIP Killer

Post Re: My Team hit me up with your thoughts
Not a bad group. You got LT - that is always a nice start. I don't know how many guys in your league and the rules, but I'd only carry one TE at this point since you have Crumpler. Your WRs look inconsistent to me - meaning huge weeks and down weeks (then again they are WRs and that somewhat comes with the territory). It will be interesting to see who emerges as your #2 RB.

August 9th, 2006, 1:39 pm
Profile WWW
Varsity 1st Team

I agree with Pablo... not a bad group. I do have a great concern for your #2 RB. Denver might have the "Giedra?", "three headed monster", of RBs and Taylor is not a sure bet and may not last the season. I'm still a stickler for a sure starter RB for my #2 and perhaps take chances for #3 & 4. It would be interesing to see what RBs were available after you picked Bell. I might hold onto Watson for a bit if your in a 12 person league to see if you can trade him to someone whose TE goes down (J. Stephens, Seattle). If your in a 10 or 8 person league, I say ditch him. You may want to pick-up another def, I'm not overly thrilled with Cinci's Def, especiall if Carson Palmer can't play or is injured. With two def's you can play matchups.

Good Luck!! :D

August 18th, 2006, 2:27 pm
RIP Killer

I like to keep my RBs to 3 (you can get decent players on the waiver wire or via trades) and keep backups at TE (unlike Pablo). Last year I drafted Gonzo and he had a merely average year, so I had to get another decent TE...tough to find a producer mid-season. I made sure to get a guy with breakout potential this year though.

August 18th, 2006, 10:42 pm
Varsity 1st Team

Definitely a good group with decent back-ups.

August 21st, 2006, 6:25 am
Stats Boy

No back up D?

I like to keep my RBs to 3 (you can get decent players on the waiver wire or via trades) and keep backups at TE (unlike Pablo). Last year I drafted Gonzo and he had a merely average year, so I had to get another decent TE...tough to find a producer mid-season. I made sure to get a guy with breakout potential this year though.

You carry two D's?

Depending on the size of the league I MIGHT, but I usually save that spot for a guy I see on FA or something like a backup TE, rather then a backup D.

During the bye week I just move my leady productive or needed guy to waivers for the week and pick up a D from FA then after the week is over, make the switch back.

August 21st, 2006, 5:08 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

August 22nd, 2006, 3:20 pm
RIP Killer

2 QBs (Carson Palmer, Brad Johnson)
3 RBs (Larry Johnson, Ahman Green, Cedric Benson)
4 WRs (Roy Williams, Eddie Kennison, Randell El, Deion Branch)
1 W/R (Reche Caldwell)
1 TE (R McMichael)

2 Kickers (Rackers and Janikowski)

2 Defenses (Chicago and Dallas)

3 Defensive players (Bertrand Berry, Lofa Tatupu, and DeMarcus Ware)

Last edited by conversion02 on August 30th, 2006, 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

August 22nd, 2006, 8:01 pm
QB Coach

Let me know what you think of my team. I'm in a 14 team league, 6 pts. for passing or rushing TD, 15 yds/pt. rushing or receiving. I had the #1 pick.

QB
Big Ben
Byron Leftwich
Brian Griese

RB
Larry Johnson
Reuben Droughns
Kevan Barlow
Dee Brown

WR
Terrell Owens
Lee Evans
Brandon Lloyd
Eric Moulds

TE
Jeremy Shockey
Tony Sheffler

K
David Akers

DEF
Carolina

August 30th, 2006, 4:05 pm
RIP Killer

Let me know what you think of my team. I'm in a 14 team league, 6 pts. for passing or rushing TD, 15 yds/pt. rushing or receiving. I had the #1 pick.

QB
Big Ben
Byron Leftwich
Brian Griese

Good stability here. Nobody will light up the stat column, but you shouldn't be looking at a lot of picks.

bphelmin wrote:
RB
Larry Johnson
Reuben Droughns
Kevan Barlow
Dee Brown

LJ is a number 1 pick over LT or SA. Droughns is a good #2 who I expect will repeat from last year. Barlow is a good pick up. You could upgrade Brown if need be with someone on the waiver wire (DeAngelo Williams, etc).

bphelmin wrote:
WR
Terrell Owens
Lee Evans
Brandon Lloyd
Eric Moulds

I love TO's game...but Parcell's has never had a 1200 yard WR in 18 years. Not to mention, Bledsoe has some man-love for Terry Glenn. I like the pick, just hope it wasn't a top 3 round pick. I like Evans, especially if Losman is starting. They're like bread and butter together. Lloyd is a decent snag, but he'll be fighting for PT. Moulds is a good pickup, especially since D's will be focused on Andre Johnson. I think Moulds, though on a decline, will outperform expectations.

bphelmin wrote:
TE
Jeremy Shockey
Tony Sheffler

Shockey is a career underachiever. He should be putting up 1000 yard seasons, but he doesn't, because he's lazy. Just listen to him talk. However, he puts up good numbers and he's a great take. Scheffler is going to be good in the future, but I don't think he'll do much this year. Though, Stephen Alex-nohander is absolutely aweful.

bphelmin wrote:
K
David Akers

Good take.

bphelmin wrote:
DEF
Carolina

Excellent take. They're going to be a top 3 D this year.

August 30th, 2006, 5:51 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]