View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently August 21st, 2014, 11:57 pm

Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Yahoo League 1 is full. Sign-up has begun for League 2. 
Bubbles the Lion

Post I would like to join, questions
First, I will create a yahoo email, thats fine. Does joining the league
cost money? Thats a big one. I'm a huge Lions fan, lived in
Michigan most of my life, but a little more than a year ago, I moved
to China where I study Chinese and teach English!

I do not begin teaching until the 30th of august so I am free for the
draft! YEAH!

Thanks! :twisted:

July 25th, 2006, 9:31 am
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

How is the draft gonna work? If I read it correctly when I signed up it's on 8/21 in the evening I believe. In case I can't make it I am pre-ranking the players I want so there is a list to choose from for me.

When you log onto the league, the very first league note says "rank your players". Click on it and it will take you to the Yahoo default rankings. From there, click on "Edit My Rankings" and you choose between Top 25, Top 100, Top 500, or ALL. If you don't pre-rank your players, Yahoo will automatically select your players for you based upon their rankings.

July 25th, 2006, 6:48 pm
Bubbles the Lion

Asian Frustration is on board and ready to make those from the western hemisphere look bad! 12 hours ahead in the world, the future king is residing in RED CHINA.

July 26th, 2006, 12:32 am
Bubbles the Lion

Post time to buckle down
:shock:

I am in the process of making my first 100 of so players, question is, how Exactly does the draft work. After my list of prechoosen players is through, will it automatically choose players for (oh lord) based on yahoo's infinite wisdom, or at that point do I get to point and click choose my next players?

As well, I've never done a draft with defensive players, where do they usually fall? The point system is pretty complicated for the defensive players, but lets say Ed Reed or Urlacher, will they go in like the 8th round?, or are some of these big sack artists like Freeney going in round 4 just because 10-13 sacks means paydirt?

I would be really grateful for the advice, even though I realize you are my opponents.

Patrick

July 26th, 2006, 2:46 am
Butkus Award Winner

Post Re: time to buckle down
el rocko wrote:
:shock:

As well, I've never done a draft with defensive players, where do they usually fall? The point system is pretty complicated for the defensive players, but lets say Ed Reed or Urlacher, will they go in like the 8th round?, or are some of these big sack artists like Freeney going in round 4 just because 10-13 sacks means paydirt?

I would be really grateful for the advice, even though I realize you are my opponents.

Patrick

In the FF League I play in, you do not choose DEF players..you select either Carolina's defense, 49ers Defense (oh GOD), etc. In my league on Yahoo you can have up to two Defenses, one will be active and play that week and the other will be benched.

I do not know about the rules in Lionbacker FF league on Yahoo that Slybri is talking about tho.

If Slybri is commish and he has a paid league (league you pay for) he can customize it any way he wants.

As a general rule you would want to have 2 Defenses 2 QB's, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 TE just so you have some backups due to bye weeks. Most teams draft an extra RB and drop one of their Defenses so its easier to swap RB's WR's if they get hurt. Some of my teams do this so they don't need to go through the hassle of going through free agency or trying to trade from another team (in my league you only need 1 DEF).

I hope this helps 8)

"May the Schwartz be with us" next year

--lionsfanincolorado

July 26th, 2006, 6:12 pm
Profile WWW
Butkus Award Winner

Sorry, I have also two Kicker spots on each team in my league..one plays each week and the other is benched. Sorry :oops:

"May the Schwartz be with us" next year

--lionsfanincolorado

July 26th, 2006, 6:16 pm
Profile WWW

el rocko, the draft is live so you pick your own players as you go. Yahoo only picks for you if you are not present to make your own selection.

In this league, there are 18 rounds. You start 12 players (1 QB, 2 RBs, 3 WRs, 1 TE, 1 WR or RB, 1 K, 1 team defense, and 2 defensive players. You also have 6 players on the bench. Everybody looks at it differently, but I never take a defensive player until atleast the 10th round or so.

July 26th, 2006, 6:44 pm
Veteran General Manager

I usually don't pick a defensive player until the final 5 rounds. If by week 3 they are not getting me very good production you can seemingly always pick up a free agent that is doing well.

July 26th, 2006, 11:46 pm

The draft is 4 days from tonight, but unfortunately, someone had to drop out, so there is one spot left. We need an even number of teams to draft, so hopefully, someone will sign up before then. First come, first served.

August 17th, 2006, 5:54 pm
Stats Boy

August 21st, 2006, 4:54 pm
Profile WWW

I'll join if there is still a spot.

I just PMed you and since K-Mart dropped out, we now have 10 teams. On yahoo, you must have an even number of teams to begin your draft. If anybody else wants to join, let me know in the next hour or so.

BTW, the draft begins in 2-1/2 hours. That's 8 PM EDT.

August 21st, 2006, 5:27 pm
Stats Boy

I watched it from regularjoe's house. He's a buddy of mine.

August 21st, 2006, 11:39 pm
Profile WWW
Stadium Announcer

Post I like it!
I had the first pick in the draft I assume cause I got Alexander and I actually am really impressed with my team.

August 22nd, 2006, 9:32 pm

I'm sorry about what happened guys, but I still can't figure out why nobody could log into the draft room. It was a Yahoo glitch of some sort.

Anyways, I'm glad that no one has decided to drop out and most people seem pleased with their teams. I hated mine at first, but I have since decided that I can work with it. I ended up with some players that I would have never drafted, but I'm considering it a challenge. Good luck to all.

August 24th, 2006, 5:51 pm
Reply to topic   [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2