View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 28th, 2014, 4:41 am

Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Give me your top five choices, in order, for Detroit at 1.10 
League MVP

I have to agree with Leo. The low sack numbers (02, 03) are misleading (we were sacked 37 times in '04, 15th in NFL). Joey does throw the ball away too early. Of 98 receptions by Bryson over the last 2 years, only 22 even got 1st downs, none were for TDs. Our 31% 3rd down conversion rate attests to that as well (actually higher in 03). The Lions 111 ypg rushing ranked 19th in the NFL, and 7 rushing TDs ranked 30th; the Lions shouldnt be happy with that and I dont think many other teams would be either. The O-line does not control the LOS. Teams do pressure us without blitzing and blitzing destroys us. They have been avg at best pass protecting and far below avg run blocking. They need an infusion of young talent for the future of this line. RT doesnt have a current starter and Backus' contract status is up next year. It would be nice to have a 1st day draft pick to help us out there.

April 1st, 2005, 7:30 pm
Varsity Captain

1)Trade Down
2)Derrick Johnson
3)Erasmus James
4)Shawn Merriman
5)Marcus Spears

Trading down would be the best case scenario, although DJ wouldn't hurt my feelings. I would rather have Matt Roth or David Pollack at DE. I think they would make a better fit for what Millen would be looking for, but not at 10.

:arrow:

April 2nd, 2005, 5:14 pm
Profile YIM
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

Good thinking loyal. I am close to agreeing based on the trade package. You are not concerned about EJ's injuries?

April 2nd, 2005, 5:42 pm
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

I have to agree with Leo. The low sack numbers (02, 03) are misleading (we were sacked 37 times in '04, 15th in NFL). Joey does throw the ball away too early. Of 98 receptions by Bryson over the last 2 years, only 22 even got 1st downs, none were for TDs. Our 31% 3rd down conversion rate attests to that as well (actually higher in 03). The Lions 111 ypg rushing ranked 19th in the NFL, and 7 rushing TDs ranked 30th; the Lions shouldnt be happy with that and I dont think many other teams would be either. The O-line does not control the LOS. Teams do pressure us without blitzing and blitzing destroys us. They have been avg at best pass protecting and far below avg run blocking. They need an infusion of young talent for the future of this line. RT doesnt have a current starter and Backus' contract status is up next year. It would be nice to have a 1st day draft pick to help us out there.

I am not aginst drafting Barron. He would improve our Right Tackle. But I dont think it would improve our LT. So I like drafting a true RT in the second or third.

April 2nd, 2005, 6:51 pm
Reply to topic   [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7