View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 20th, 2014, 10:37 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Spring Training game: Tigers vs. Yankees 
QB Coach

Post Spring Training game: Tigers vs. Yankees
Well, I thought i'd tell you what I saw...

I had nice seats... surrounded by these funny-sounding Italians from New York, you know, the kind of guys who's names are "Paulie" and "Georgie", they made me laugh all day.

Anyways, Joker Marchant Stadium is a nice place, there were a ton of people there, a record crowd. Probably 4,000 Tiger fans and 5,000 Yankee fans, there were 9,000 people there.

Ledezma played Kevin Brown. Brown is awful. Pena took him yard for a two run blast, then thought he took him yard again, but it bounced off the wall. Pena got a single out of it, because he was jogging like he had a homer.

Pudge looks unbelieveably skinny and small up close, maybe he was on the juice? The fans still hate Higginson, and Giambi. They were getting yelled at. Someone started a "Let's go Steroids" chant, and there was a guy who screamed "Hey Bobby, how about you leave so we can bring in someone useful?" They made me laugh.

Ledezma has some wicked stuff. His slider made Giambi look stupid, that's a nasty pitch of his. He has good heat as well. He mowed down the Yanks starters. Of course, there was unbelieveable fielding that made this Yankee fan next to me shouting obscenities all through the game. Guillen saved Inge on one play, he made a few plays that made you say "wow". Pena is great in the field. Nook Logan can't swing worth crap, he isn't an asset at all. Magglio was out for the game with a stomach flu, and if he doesn't stay healthy, and we have to play Logan, we are in trouble.

On the Yanks side, Jared Wright came in midway through, and was phenomenal, he has good heat. I think he is their second best pitcher, I know, I know, I think Pavano will struggle in the NL/AL transition, and Mussina isn't that great. Wright was great against the Tigers starters.

Urbina got lit up, I don't think much of him. He is just a setup man. If we can trade him, it would be great. Rodney could take his place.

That's about it. Tigers won the game 4-3. Farnsworth came in in the 9th and was great, but our right fielder, Alexis Gomez, saved him making a running catch.

April 2nd, 2005, 6:05 pm
Profile WWW
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

Thats was an interesting recap...I do think Pudge is on the juice because when he reported for spring training he was like 30 lbs lighter then last year, and I agree with that one guy that said "leave Higgy so we can bring in someone useful"...

Michael Huff for DROY

April 3rd, 2005, 12:02 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]