View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 24th, 2014, 12:36 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Rumors: Rogers & McCardell 
RIP Killer

Post Rumors: Rogers & McCardell
I've heard that some in the organization believe Rogers will only be out 4-6 weeks. I'll believe it when I see it. The one thing in his favor is that it is a fracture this time, that may mean doctors can simply put in a screw and speed the healing process.

I've also heard that AM 1270 in Detroit has been saying the Lions are in trade talks with the Bucs regarding K. McCardell. Couple of concerns here:

1) McCardell is 34 years old
2) He makes $2 million already (and is holding out)
3) I'm sure the Lions would have to give up draft picks

I know he had a good season last year but I did think I like the sound of this. Roy looked like he can be a "go to" guy. Streets and Hakim are fine as #2/#3 WRs. If they have to, pull Kircus off the PS (I'm not a big fan of his however) or sign a FA to fill the gap for as long as they need.

Despite the win, the Lions aren't going to the SB! Let's continue to build for 2005 and keep our young players, draft picks and money (to sign S. Rogers and McDougle).

September 13th, 2004, 12:02 pm
Profile WWW
QB Coach

We have already given up our 5th round pick for this season, and I don't think McCardell is worth a first day pick.

Tampa would possibly want a third rounder for him (just specualting) and we would be reluctant to give that or our fourth up.

I think that we should stay away unless it's a player we don't need, which I can't think of now.

September 13th, 2004, 2:53 pm
Profile WWW
Varsity 1st Team

Post Re: Rumors: Rogers & McCardell
Pablo wrote:
I've heard that some in the organization believe Rogers will only be out 4-6 weeks. I'll believe it when I see it. The one thing in his favor is that it is a fracture this time, that may mean doctors can simply put in a screw and speed the healing process.

I've also heard that AM 1270 in Detroit has been saying the Lions are in trade talks with the Bucs regarding K. McCardell. Couple of concerns here:

1) McCardell is 34 years old
2) He makes $2 million already (and is holding out)
3) I'm sure the Lions would have to give up draft picks

I know he had a good season last year but I did think I like the sound of this. Roy looked like he can be a "go to" guy. Streets and Hakim are fine as #2/#3 WRs. If they have to, pull Kircus off the PS (I'm not a big fan of his however) or sign a FA to fill the gap for as long as they need.

Despite the win, the Lions aren't going to the SB! Let's continue to build for 2005 and keep our young players, draft picks and money (to sign S. Rogers and McDougle).

hope that rogers is ok!

GO STATE!
2005 Austin Regional Champs!
4/7 years Final Four apperances
5/7 years Elite 8 apperances

Michigan...
Missed 64 team tourney AND,NIT tourney(tourney for losers hahaha)

September 13th, 2004, 3:23 pm
Site Admin

Chucky Brittle

btw...anyone ever see Unbreakable with Bruce Willis??? You will realize Charles role in that movie if you have :lol: :lol: :cry: :cry:

September 13th, 2004, 4:17 pm
Profile WWW
Baton Girl

I thought if a player was placed on IR they were out for the season. If thats the case, Rogers won't be back in 2 to 4 weeks.

September 13th, 2004, 9:48 pm
Bubbles the Lion

What do you mean we're not going to the SB...pessimist!

September 18th, 2004, 11:38 am
Site Admin

Chucky Brittle needs a shirt that says "Don't GOT MILK"...

I am just dissappointed cause this guy has sooooooo much talent :? would be nice to see it.

September 18th, 2004, 4:35 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]