View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 21st, 2014, 3:25 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Rogers out for season/Bly 2 weeks/Hall ? 
RIP Killer

Post Rogers out for season/Bly 2 weeks/Hall ?
A broken collarbone has ruined another season for Detroit Lions wide receiver Charles Rogers.

The No. 2 pick in the 2003 draft was injured going for a pass Sunday in the first quarter of the 20-16 victory over the Chicago Bears. X-rays revealed a fracture near the one he got last year during a bye week practice. Rogers played only the first five games of his rookie season because of the injury, catching 22 passes.

Rogers will have surgery later this week or early next week and will be placed on injured reserve, coach Steve Mariucci said Monday.

Pro Bowl defensive back Dre' Bly, who also was injured in the Bears game, will miss the next two games, Mariucci said. Bly sprained a ligament in his knee in the opening quarter.

The status of starting defensive lineman James Hall, who fractured his left thumb Sunday, was unknown.

September 13th, 2004, 4:21 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

If he gets hurt again next season we will be ready to trade Brittle for a bag of balls methinks :cry:

September 13th, 2004, 11:07 pm
Profile WWW
Baton Girl

hall played through the injury so he should be alright. lineman can wrap it up and go play

September 13th, 2004, 11:57 pm
RIP Killer

true, I'm not that worried about Hall. Bly is more of a concern but the bye week should help him a great deal.

September 14th, 2004, 12:11 pm
Profile WWW
Water Boy

All the shows are discussing whether or not there is a Lions Curse.

Now I'm not superstitious. I don't think there is a curse. Just a total statistical anomaly of disaster that would fry the motherboard of a supercomputer and that scientists would consider to be out of the realm of possibilty.

If you could have picked 5 Lions who the team could not do without this year who would you have picked?

I bet Rogers, Bly and Boss Bailey made everyone's list.

How about last year? They weren't deep but where could they least afford injuries? Secondary and recievers, right?

Who gets hurt. Secondary and Recievers.

There's no voodoo here. It's just science I can't understand. :wink:

September 14th, 2004, 1:53 pm
RIP Killer

Great point - Charles, Dre' and Boss would most likely be on my top 5 list. Not to jinx them, but my other two would be Joey and Shaun Rogers.

On the bright side, the Lions won on the road without CR or BB and for a while without DB. This shows the Lions have added depth, especially at those positions.

What will the Lions do now if someone like Mike Williams or Braylon Edwards is available when they pick in the draft next year? hummmm 8)

September 14th, 2004, 2:11 pm
Profile WWW
Water Boy

What will the Lions do now if someone like Mike Williams or Braylon Edwards is available when they pick in the draft next year? hummmm 8)

Intriguing possibilities, but I expect both of those guys to be 1st rounders when the Lions will hopefully be drafting a defensive end or another linebacker. It might be time to see to the D! :wink:

September 14th, 2004, 5:54 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]