View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 28th, 2014, 4:35 pm

Reply to topic  [ 252 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 17  Next
 Hall of Shame : The NFL's Bad Boys 
Post Re: Clarett agrees to plea deal, will serve 3? years
LionFan57 wrote:
ESPN.com wrote:
Clarett agrees to plea deal, will serve 3? years

ESPN.com news services

Maurice Clarett has agreed to a plea bargain that will send the former Ohio State football star to prison for at least 3? years.

Clarett's deal with prosecutors in Columbus came Monday as jury selection was set to begin in his robbery trial. The plea covers that case and another that arose out of a police chase last month that ended with officers finding four loaded weapons in his vehicle.

The Columbus Dispatch reported that according to sources, Franklin County Common Pleas Judge David W. Fais will sentence Clarett to 7? years in prison, with an opportunity to apply for judicial release after 3?. Prosecutors have agreed not to object to an early release, the newspaper said.

He got off lucky!!

What a loser.

IMO he should get 3 1/2 years in a mental ward, honestly... For his good and the good of society. The guys is simply fricken NUTZ!!!... I don't know if he just went off the deep end after he lost his case, if he was always nutz, or if he took w/e money he made in the NFL and shoved it up his nose... W/E the case I don't think jail is the best place for him...

September 18th, 2006, 3:05 pm
Stadium Announcer

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/9687400

Check out this fricken looser! Fricken Chicago! pottytrain5.gif

September 27th, 2006, 5:42 am
Hall of Fame Player

sportsline.com wrote:
LOS ANGELES -- Chicago Bears defensive back Ricky Manning Jr. pleaded no contest Tuesday to a felony assault charge stemming from an attack on a man in a restaurant.
Advertisement

Manning was sentenced to three years probation and ordered to attend a year of anger management counseling, the district attorney's office said.

He was also ordered to complete 100 hours of community service with a municipality or public agency or nationally recognized philanthropic organization not associated with the Bears.

Manning, 25, is already on probation for a similar misdemeanor offense in 2002 near the UCLA campus, the district attorney's office said. ...

This is the 2nd time!! All he gets is 3 years probation for felony assault!!??

This is total BS!! :evil:

September 27th, 2006, 5:51 am
Profile WWW
Stadium Announcer

wildsided_99 wrote:

sportsline.com wrote:
LOS ANGELES -- Chicago Bears defensive back Ricky Manning Jr. pleaded no contest Tuesday to a felony assault charge stemming from an attack on a man in a restaurant.
Advertisement

Manning was sentenced to three years probation and ordered to attend a year of anger management counseling, the district attorney's office said.

He was also ordered to complete 100 hours of community service with a municipality or public agency or nationally recognized philanthropic organization not associated with the Bears.

Manning, 25, is already on probation for a similar misdemeanor offense in 2002 near the UCLA campus, the district attorney's office said. ...

This is the 2nd time!! All he gets is 3 years probation for felony assault!!??

This is total BS!! :evil:

What do you expect man, they're good this year!

September 27th, 2006, 7:48 am
RIP Killer

Post Hayneworth stomps on Gurode
If any of you saw Albert Haynesworth stomp on Andre Gurode during the Titans-Cowboys game, what do you feel his punishment should be. According to what I've heard, Jeff Fisher was PISSED that this happened, and promised Parcells after the game that if the league didn't take enough action, the team would.

Chris Collinsworth stated that he felt the police should have been brought in, handcuffed Fat Albert, and charged him with a crime. I absolutely agree. This was no different that a hockey player attacking with a stick, and I feel a criminal act took place.

The league should fine Haynesworth for the amount he would make in the game versus the Cowboys, suspend him without pay for an additional six games and put him on probation for the remainder of this season and next, telling him that any flagrant attack such as that, or any off-field issues involving violence will be cause for his immediate suspension from the NFL. F**k the players union if they don't like it. Rather than protecting Haynesworth, it should be their job to protect Gurode.

Personally, I would much prefer to see Haynesworth strapped to a metal chair with a 12 volt car battery attached to it with his feet sitting in a bucket of water while Gurode is allowed to wail away on him with lead filled boxing gloves. But that's just me.

October 1st, 2006, 10:06 pm
RIP Killer

This is F'ing pathetic. He can say it was an accident all he wants, but he was staring down at him and stomped. What a peice of trash.

October 1st, 2006, 10:21 pm
Hall of Fame Player

Post Re: Hayneworth stomps on Gurode
m2karateman wrote:
If any of you saw Albert Haynesworth stomp on Andre Gurode during the Titans-Cowboys game, what do you feel his punishment should be. According to what I've heard, Jeff Fisher was PISSED that this happened, and promised Parcells after the game that if the league didn't take enough action, the team would.

Chris Collinsworth stated that he felt the police should have been brought in, handcuffed Fat Albert, and charged him with a crime. I absolutely agree. This was no different that a hockey player attacking with a stick, and I feel a criminal act took place.

The league should fine Haynesworth for the amount he would make in the game versus the Cowboys, suspend him without pay for an additional six games and put him on probation for the remainder of this season and next, telling him that any flagrant attack such as that, or any off-field issues involving violence will be cause for his immediate suspension from the NFL. F**k the players union if they don't like it. Rather than protecting Haynesworth, it should be their job to protect Gurode.

Personally, I would much prefer to see Haynesworth strapped to a metal chair with a 12 volt car battery attached to it with his feet sitting in a bucket of water while Gurode is allowed to wail away on him with lead filled boxing gloves. But that's just me.

I didn't see this yet but I did here Chris Collinsworth talk about it.

Bottom Line: I agree with your take on this - This stuff is criminal and it shouldn't ever be tolerated in any sport, especially football. I think a stiff fine and 6 games is reasonable (4 minimum - more if Gurode was hurt by it).

IMO, it's not just protecting the players that's the issue - it's also the things that kids see when they watch the game. Somehow America is losing sight of reality and these kinds of things have become acceptable to some people. I think a stiff penalty sends the right message and a light penalty sends a message that it's OK to do it.

Also, I've thought for a long time that the players who do any of these things (violence on OR OFF the field) should be apologising, promoting and talking about non-violence and anger management counseling in public service announcements sprinkled throughout the games.

October 1st, 2006, 10:31 pm
Profile WWW
Color Commentator - John Madden

Titans | Fisher promises to punish Haynesworth if league does not
Sun, 1 Oct 2006 18:43:30 -0700

Peter King, reporting for NBC Sports, reports Tennessee Titans head coach Jeff Fisher promised Dallas Cowboys head coach Bill Parcells he would punish Titans DL Albert Haynesworth if he feels the NFL does not do enough to punish him. Haynesworth stomped on Cowboys OG Andre Gurode's (head) face during the Week 4 game and was ejected. Fisher was outraged by Haynesworth's actions and apologized after the game. King believes Haynesworth will receive a severe fine but not a suspension.

Cowboys | Gurode required stitches above his eye
Sun, 1 Oct 2006 18:26:26 -0700

The Associated Press reports Dallas Cowboys OG Andre Gurode (head) required stitches above his left eye during the Week 4 game after Tennessee Titans DL Albert Haynesworth stomped on his face. Gurode was unable to return to the game because of blurry vision. Titans head coach Jeff Fisher apologized for Haynesworth's actions and Haynesworth was remorseful for what he did. "If they suspend me that's fine. Because for what I did, whatever they give me, I deserve it. I did it and it's wrong. That's not the game of football that's not how it's supposed to be played. I let my team down," Haynesworth said.

I agree that this is very uncalled for and he should be severly punished.

October 1st, 2006, 10:36 pm
Hall of Fame Player

Post Re: Hayneworth stomps on Gurode
LionFan57 wrote:
m2karateman wrote:

I didn't see this yet but I did here Chris Collinsworth talk about it.

Bottom Line: I agree with your take on this - This stuff is criminal and it shouldn't ever be tolerated in any sport, especially football. I think a stiff fine and 6 games is reasonable (4 minimum - more if Gurode was hurt by it).

IMO, it's not just protecting the players that's the issue - it's also the things that kids see when they watch the game. Somehow America is losing sight of reality and these kinds of things have become acceptable to some people. I think a stiff penalty sends the right message and a light penalty sends a message that it's OK to do it.

Also, I've thought for a long time that the players who do any of these things (violence on OR OFF the field) should be apologising, promoting and talking about non-violence and anger management counseling in public service announcements sprinkled throughout the games.

You called it very close M2K!

5 Games - Over $500K in fines.

See: Albert Haynesworth 5 day?

October 2nd, 2006, 10:27 pm
Profile WWW
Stadium Announcer

I believe the whole fricken Team of Miami should be put in this catagory. fricken ridiculous, who the HELL do these kids think they are.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2626725

!!!!!!!!!!GO LIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!11 -5 BABY!!!!!!!!! HERE WE COME!!!!!

October 15th, 2006, 10:25 pm
Hall of Fame Player

Raiders | Brayton fined, not suspended
Wed, 8 Nov 2006 08:41:53 -0800

Chris Mortensen, of ESPN, reports Oakland Raiders DE Tyler Brayton was fined an undisclosed amount by the NFL for kneeing Seattle Seahawks TE Jerramy Stevens in the groin Week 9, but will not be suspended.

I didn't want to start a thread for this because I didn't know how much interest there is but...

If you saw this pathetic 'knee to the groin' incident you know it was outrageous. I've subsequently heard on the radio the fine was for $25,000!! I'm waiting for any kind of confirmation on that.

But if he gets fined $25K... What should Hall be fined for the blow to the head on Kitna?

November 8th, 2006, 9:31 pm
Profile WWW
Hall of Fame Player

Sunday, December 10, 2006

Bengals cornerback O'Neal charged with DWI

Associated Press

AMELIA, Ohio -- Cincinnati Bengals cornerback Deltha O'Neal was charged with driving while intoxicated early Saturday after being stopped at a traffic checkpoint.

The two-time Pro Bowl player had a blood-alcohol level of 0.10, above Ohio's legal limit of 0.08, the State Highway Patrol said. O'Neal was alone in his car and arrested at the scene, Sergeant Kevin Long said. O'Neal took a breath test and was released,

He is to appear in Clermont County Municipal Court on Dec. 12. The seven-year veteran is the eighth Bengals player arrested this year. Rookie receiver Reggie McNeal was charged with resisting arrest this week outside a Houston nightclub.

Bengals spokesman Jack Brennan said Saturday he was unaware of this latest arrest. The team withholds comment on unresolved charges against players, he said.

The Bengals host the Oakland Raiders on Sunday.

The EIGHTH Bengals player arrested this year!! :shock:

Is that a reflection of the coach? Or of losing? Or of winning? Or what?

You would think the Lions could be contenders for this record!

December 10th, 2006, 8:05 am
Profile WWW
Modmin Dude

MARCUS EMULATES MICHAEL

In early 2005, Falcons quarterback Michael Vick was sued for giving his girlfriend herpes. Now, his little brother Marcus is also facing a civil suit involving alleged sexual misconduct.

The AP reports that a 17-year-old girl claims that she had a two-year sexual relationship with Marcus Vick, starting when she was 15 and he was a quarterback at Virginia Tech.

The suit alleges that the girl in question is the same girl with whom Vick allegedly had sex in January 2004. Vick was convicted at the time for contributing to the delinquency of a minor for giving underage girls alcohol. But because the girl refused to testify, Vick was not charged with statutory rape.

We don't know what the criminal statute of limitations is in Virginia for claims of that nature, and it's arguably possible that Vick could still be prosecuted.

The lawsuit seeks $6.3 million in damages. Vick currently is making $250,000 as a bottom-of-the-roster free agent with the Dolphins.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16213840/

December 15th, 2006, 11:20 am
Hall of Fame Player

Quote:
MARCUS EMULATES MICHAEL

In early 2005, Falcons quarterback Michael Vick was sued for giving his girlfriend herpes. Now, his little brother Marcus is also facing a civil suit involving alleged sexual misconduct.

The AP reports that a 17-year-old girl claims that she had a two-year sexual relationship with Marcus Vick, starting when she was 15 and he was a quarterback at Virginia Tech.

The suit alleges that the girl in question is the same girl with whom Vick allegedly had sex in January 2004. Vick was convicted at the time for contributing to the delinquency of a minor for giving underage girls alcohol. But because the girl refused to testify, Vick was not charged with statutory rape.

We don't know what the criminal statute of limitations is in Virginia for claims of that nature, and it's arguably possible that Vick could still be prosecuted.

The lawsuit seeks $6.3 million in damages. Vick currently is making $250,000 as a bottom-of-the-roster free agent with the Dolphins.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16213840/

Let me see if I get this...

She's interested in suing him for $6.3 Million dollars... But where is the interest in sending him to jail for statatory rape? :roll:

This is so typical!

This is the problem with our legal system - it makes no sense whatsoever.

December 15th, 2006, 11:31 am
Profile WWW
Color Commentator - John Madden

Vikings | T. Taylor arrested
Mon, 1 Jan 2007 13:32:48 -0800

Judd Zulgad, of the Minneapolis Star-Tribune, reports Minnesota Vikings WR Travis Taylor was arrested Monday, Jan. 1, on misdemeanor charges of disorderly conduct, fifth-degree assault and interference with pedestrian or vehicular traffic. The incident occurred outside of a Minneapolis nightclub when Taylor resisted police instructions to move along. After the Vikings' receiver placed his hands on the officer, the officer used his taser on Taylor and arrested him. Taylor was released on $50 bail and his first court appearance is scheduled for Wednesday, Jan. 3.

January 1st, 2007, 8:35 pm
Reply to topic   [ 252 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 17  Next