View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 18th, 2014, 8:26 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 The sky is falling! 
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Post The sky is falling!
http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/preview2006/news/story?page=preredwings06&CMP=OTC-DT9705204233

I really disagree. I don't think they will be as dominant as last season, but they will still be better than 7th.

Thoughts?

September 28th, 2006, 9:16 pm
Profile WWW
Who knows... I fully expected the bottom to drop out last season... We had to dump a ton of talent to get under the salary cap, and I must say we did one helluva job!... IMO If we wouldn't have lost Fisher we would have went much further than we did in the playoffs... We were bullied and our D was non-existant last year... This year rests a ton on goaltending... If we can keep Dom healthy and either Ozgood or Howard play well, we'll do fine... Datsuk has to step up and have an even better year this year than he had last. Hopefully putting the C on Lindstrom (unofficially at this point [I think] but near destined to happen) will revive him some. He seemed to disappear last year in the playoffs and shyed away from the added physicality that always comes with the territory...

On a side note... We certainly seem to be in the right division for a revised schedule that includes more inter-divisionary play!!! :wink:

September 28th, 2006, 10:09 pm
Varsity 1st Team

I believe they will be decent, but I'm not really expecting a playoff run:

They've been at the top for a while now, and I've enjoyed every minute of it: What goes up must come down sooner or later:

With Yzerman retiring, I believe that the heart and soul are gone for the moment: But sooner or later another will step up and take on that role, I'm hoping that it will be this year, but I do believe that our boys will have a slight idenity crisis w/Yzerman and Shanny gone: I'm hoping that Cheli, Nico and Chris can use their combined experience to help this team hold it together:

Win or loose, I'm a WING-NUT; so I'm ALL IN BABY!

October 1st, 2006, 8:23 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]