View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 17th, 2014, 5:29 pm

Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Who to start? 
Pro Bowl Player

Post Who to start?
LT and Terry Glenn both have byes, so who should I start this week?

Muhsin Muhammad or Joey Galloway?
Willie Parker or Ahman Green?

September 20th, 2006, 1:27 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Cinci's D is pretty solid, but Parker is the better start over Green, who hasn't been getting as many touches as he was promised. Not to mention, the Lions run D has been pretty good all season. I expect Big Ben to bounce back and the Steelers to put a hurtin' on Cinci (tough, physical game), which will help the Steelers run game. Big name this week, Heath Miller.

Moose or Galloway?
Moose. With Grossman on fire and his line being the best in the league right now, you've gotta give Moos the nod. Though, Berrian and Clark are seemingly outperforming Moose as of now, I suspect Minnesota will do better at containing the deep balls and the routes over the middle. Steer clear of any WR that has Chris Simms throwing to them...that's like waiting to get punched in the face. I think the Bucs offense will pick it up, but who knows when? I certaintly don't think it'll be against Carolina this week, they will NOT go 0-3.

September 20th, 2006, 1:43 pm
Color Commentator - John Madden

I picked up DeShaun Foster in the third expecting a workhorse but that hole team has failed to deliver. My question for every body is do I start Deshaun Foster versus Tampa Bay or Laurence Maroney versus Denver? I'm leaning towards Maroney but was curious what everyone thought.

September 20th, 2006, 8:33 pm
RIP Killer

Maroney. He's gauranteed 15 carries against Denver.

September 21st, 2006, 12:21 am
ST Coordinator – John Bonamego

galloway got me aTON of points last week. something like 167 yards or somthing. im playing him again

September 21st, 2006, 4:51 am
Team MVP

i have two lineup questions for everyone.

do i start Deuce McAllister vs Atl or Caddy vs Carolina?

Also Ben Watson vs Denver or Randy McMichael vs Ten?

September 21st, 2006, 5:30 pm
RIP Killer

Tough call on Deuce or Caddy, but I'd much rather have Caddy. He's the featured back and when Carolina shuts down Simms AGAIN, Caddy will get more and more carries.

Watson or McMichael?
Watson is more reliable IMO, but Culpepper looks for McMichael as much/if not more than any pass catcher on the team. However, Watson will probably get a lot of balls over the middle, so it depends. I'd go for McMichael as the 'Phins look to turn it around against the 2nd worst team in the league.

September 21st, 2006, 6:19 pm
Deuce or Caddy?
Tough call on Deuce or Caddy, but I'd much rather have Caddy. He's the featured back and when Carolina shuts down Simms AGAIN, Caddy will get more and more carries.

Watson or McMichael?
Watson is more reliable IMO, but Culpepper looks for McMichael as much/if not more than any pass catcher on the team. However, Watson will probably get a lot of balls over the middle, so it depends. I'd go for McMichael as the 'Phins look to turn it around against the 2nd worst team in the league.

This is the first time I've disagreed with you...

Perosnally, I would start Deuce over Caddy... TB's OL has been struggling BAD... Chris Simms hasn't been able to do ANYTHING, and IMO, after they take away the passing game.. Look for 8-9 in the box, and the running game shut down too... On top of that Caddy has been battling a bad back or ankle or something like that.. He's banged up a bit anyhow... Personally, I would start Deuce...

Again, I disagree... After McNabb's 49 or so Qb rating last week I don't really trust his ability to get the ball to anyone...Watson seems to be becoming a favorite target of Brady. I would start Watson.

September 22nd, 2006, 1:22 am
Pro Bowl Player

Thanks conversion...you're good at this. So how about a few more (more bye week tribulations):

Chad Pennington or Charlie Frye (Eli has a bye)

Braylon Edwards or Antonio Bryant (3rd Receiver)

Thoughts on the Saints defense? (Steelers have a bye)

September 30th, 2006, 8:38 am
Profile WWW
Team MVP

Figured I'd throw my 2 cents in here. I say go wih Frye. Edwards Bryant is tough I think both could have decent days. I think the Panthers are in a must win situation and their offense will step it up with Smith in the lineup again so unless you have no other options I wouldn't start the Saints D.

Now who do I go with this week?

In my four team league I need to start 3 Wr's from Roy, CJ, Boldin and Andre Johnson. I also need to start a second RB from either Ronnie Brown v. Houston or Steven Jackson against us. Rudi is my other starter.

In one of my 12 team leagues again do I go with McMichael or Watson? Which two at RB: Rhodes, DeAngeo Williams and Corey Dillon?

Even though Miami's offense has been bad I'm leaning toward starting my Miami players against a WEAK Houston D. Plus I think we will wrap up STL's running game.

September 30th, 2006, 9:41 am
RIP Killer

Pennington is facing a pretty good Indy D who pretty much shut down Leftwhich last week. Pennington should have a decent game (240 yards, 2 TDs, 1 INT...Coles is questionable, but is definately startable matching up against Jason David and should have a big day since Bob Sanders is out), but Frye will be more efficient against a bad Oakland D.

lightning_in_a_bottle wrote:

Bryant's been having big games, but Edwards is the start here. He's shown he's 'the man' after coming back from his ACL injury and he's going to get a lot of looks. Asomugha and Washington both have minor injuries (foot and hammy, respectively) which should be in Edwards favor. Keep in mind, that the Niners play the Chiefs who've allowed less than 175 passing yards in their first two games, with no passing TDs.

Saints D had a great week last week. However, for those who think they're coming around, I say not this week. Carolina has Steve Smith back and scored 26 on a much better Tampa D. While I do think NO will snag a couple of sacks and possibly a pick, they're going to give up more than 20.

See if the Browns are on the waiver.

Last edited by conversion02 on September 30th, 2006, 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

September 30th, 2006, 11:37 am
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

Personally, I think that I would start Pennington over Frye for two reasons. 1) The Jets will inevitably fall behind the Colts and will be forced to throw the ball often, while the Browns could have a more balanced attack against the Raiders and 2) The Indy defense is really beat up right now and even if they play, they won't be at 100%.

Braylon Edwards vs. Antonio Bryant is a tough one, but I would go with Braylon. He seems healed from his knee injury and is starting to become the go-to guy for the Browns.

inheritedlionsfan, I really don't think it matters much which 3 WRs you start since you have 4 good ones. Just flip a coin or something. I would start Ronnie Brown at RB, though. In your other league, I would start McMichael, Dillon, and Rhodes.

September 30th, 2006, 2:01 pm
RIP Killer

In my four team league I need to start 3 Wr's from Roy, CJ, Boldin and Andre Johnson. I also need to start a second RB from either Ronnie Brown v. Houston or Steven Jackson against us. Rudi is my other starter.

Andre Johnson's going to have a huge day matching up against Will Allen. Johnson's been dominating single coverage all season and is a magnet for the ball. He's a must start.

I personally think Roy is going to near-match his last week's numbers and is sure for a score.

Chad Johnson is a must start under any circumstances, as long as he's got Palmer throwing to him.

Bench Boldin, as he'll be matching up against a solid Falcon secondary and Warner is on a short leash...a short fumbling leash.

Ronnie Brown is going to have a big day against Houston (see the fantasy blog in my sig). Ladell Betts+Clinton Portis=200 yards rushing. Brown is going to run for 120 and a score IMO.

inheritedlionsfan wrote:
In one of my 12 team leagues again do I go with McMichael or Watson? Which two at RB: Rhodes, DeAngeo Williams and Corey Dillon?

Randy McMichael has been aweful thus far and TEs haven't really torched Houston (see Chris Cooley's turd last week). Houston is containing TEs pretty well, but not receiving backs. New England is facing Cinci, who's done a good job on TEs and they have a D that's 10X better than Houston...so McMichael is the start this week.

DeAngelo Williams should get more carries this week against the Saints while Dillon should lose carries to Maroney against the Bengals. Rhodes is your other starter as he'll do much better this week against the Jets.

September 30th, 2006, 3:08 pm
Pro Bowl Player

Well, I have Kellen Winslow on my team too and he's my top starter. Therefore, to avoid starting 3 Browns , I started Edwards and Winslow and went with Pennington at the QB position. It's a gamble, I know, but what are bye weeks for?

Regarding defenses, I was lucky enough to pick up the Eagles, who are playing against Green Bay. Should be decent.

conversion02 wrote:

Pennington is facing a pretty good Indy D who pretty much shut down Leftwhich last week. Pennington should have a decent game (240 yards, 2 TDs, 1 INT...Coles is questionable, but is definately startable matching up against Jason David and should have a big day since Bob Sanders is out), but Frye will be more efficient against a bad Oakland D.

Bryant's been having big games, but Edwards is the start here. He's shown he's 'the man' after coming back from his ACL injury and he's going to get a lot of looks. Asomugha and Washington both have minor injuries (foot and hammy, respectively) which should be in Edwards favor. Keep in mind, that the Niners play the Chiefs who've allowed less than 175 passing yards in their first two games, with no passing TDs.

Saints D had a great week last week. However, for those who think they're coming around, I say not this week. Carolina has Steve Smith back and scored 26 on a much better Tampa D. While I do think NO will snag a couple of sacks and possibly a pick, they're going to give up more than 20.

See if the Browns are on the waiver.
:x :x :x

October 1st, 2006, 8:04 am
Profile WWW
Team MVP

Thanks guys for all the advice. I have one more question anybody have any info on TO? I have Driver and Chambers as my starting WR and Mike Jenkins as my flex player but I would LOVE to start TO against the Titans if he is going to play.

October 1st, 2006, 10:44 am
Reply to topic   [ 56 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next