View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently August 1st, 2014, 10:07 am

Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 How will the Tigers finish the season? 

Poll ended at September 27th, 2006, 5:44 pm
Central Division Champs 60%  60%  [ 9 ]
AL Wildcard team 40%  40%  [ 6 ]
Out of the playoffs 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 15

WJB - Did you see Miner get destroyed? 5 hits, 4 ERs in a whopping 6 total ABs. LOL. Miner started off throwing very well, but he's stunk since.

Miner got destroyed today... I was making my post in light of yesterdays game... But again... LoL.. Like I said.. KC always plays us tough... No one believes me when I say it, and they say stuff like "we're killing them on the season series..." And that may be true, but they always seem to find a way to battle it out with us...

I'm not so sure about the Miner decision... And last night when walker gave up that BOMB that fell about 4' short of being a home run to end the 9th, I told my girl "we better get him outta there"... LoL... then the 10th was HR, HR, man on base HR... I was PISSED!!!! She thought I was some sort of baseball prognistacor or genius...

That said I'm not sure who I would have started today... Wasn't it Bonderman's start anyhow??? I don't understand why we would randomly start Miner when he hasn't played much lately and we're CLINCHING THE FREAKING DIVISION!!!.... Oh well.. Hopefully tomorrow works out well, but the Chi Sox are pitching Vazquez... Doesn't look good for us, but for the fact that Minny is pitching Scott Baker???...

IMO this whole situation is weird and seems to suggest that no one wants to travel out west and play Oakland!??? IDK, it just seems that both Minny and Det. aren't doing everything possible to win the division... It might just be a case of playing for the playoffs, but it almost seems like they're not even trying to win with what they have??? IDK, I'm confused...

October 1st, 2006, 2:45 am
Div 1 - Starter

This team just got embarassed in front of the national media this past weekend against the consensus worst-team-in-the-league! Honestly, I don't even see one win in them against the mighty Yanks [Ugh!]. The worst part of it all is that it is the supposedly strong pitching that was absolutely ravaged this weekend. Every pitcher looks terrible.

The prediction here is that this team does not have the playoff experience or mental maturity to bounce back from such a disgusting weekend of baseball. What a disappointment.

Tigers fans ought to be proud of this squad for over-achieving all season up to this point. A playoff birth was among the wildest of dreams back in April. The guys delivered. Now they are going to New York to be made into men. And it won't be a pretty process. Hopefully they take their coming beating like men in the end, and that the home fans are classy to this team regardless of the result for a season well-played (just poorly finished).

They'll be back next season, and maybe winning the division will be a priority then. Verlander was originally scheduled to go Saturday. I thought he should have went. Whatever.

[Sulking]

[Really tough sports weekend in MI....thank god for the Wolverines]

My favorite day ever as a Lions fan.

Somehow landing the Ndamo-nator would be the second best day ever.

October 1st, 2006, 10:58 pm
Quote:
KC always plays us tough too... For w/e reason we have always seemed to have a hard time against even the crappiest of KC teams... Hopefully we can break that trend.

Um, not sure about them playing us too tough, since we are 14-1 against them so far this season....

I don't know TAD, KC plays us pretty tough... :wink:

October 1st, 2006, 11:34 pm
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

I don't know TAD, KC plays us pretty tough...

LOL.... yep. It looks like you called that one wjb. So much for having any kind of homefield advantage. Now we gotta play the Yanks :cry:

Tim

October 3rd, 2006, 1:32 pm
Veteran General Manager

Over the last few years I was disgruntled by the Royals way too many times. That weak team without 2 nickles to rub together so it couldn't afford to go out and get any FA's to make itself any better consistantly kicked the crap out of the Tigers. This year was a differnt story however. At least until the end of the regular season when the Royals remembered how to beat the Tigers.

October 4th, 2006, 11:36 am
Reply to topic   [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3