View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 29th, 2014, 2:57 pm

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 Will the Tigers beat the Yanks? 

Yes 33%  33%  [ 5 ]
No 67%  67%  [ 10 ]
Total votes : 15

RIP Killer

Post Will the Tigers beat the Yanks?
See the poll

October 3rd, 2006, 4:32 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

No. 5 games. It would be neat if they were the next 04 Pistons though, underdogs going all the way.

October 3rd, 2006, 6:35 pm
Profile WWW
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

I've said to many that the Tigers will be swept by the Yankees in this series. After watching the first three innings of Game 1, I'm fairly confident that the prediction will come true. It's too bad. :(

October 3rd, 2006, 9:26 pm
RIP Killer

I voted yes due to pure homerism, but I think it'll go a full 5 games. Nate looked bad tonight and Jeter had a field day.

The Yanks bought the best lineup in the league and will win because of it. The Tigers had a good day at the plate with 12 hits, but it wasn't enough. They need 15 hits to beat the Yanks...and they need to knock in this RISP. They didn't do that and the Yanks did. I wish they would have brought in Abreu mid-season..the guy is a stud. Tigers should be as good next year, hopefully they can do better than Casey and Stairs though.

October 3rd, 2006, 11:44 pm
Veteran General Manager

Will the Tigers beat the Yankees? The question is kind of vague. Do you mean, " Will the Tigers win the ALDS vs. the Yankees"? Or do you mean, " Will the Tigers even win 1 game vs. the Yankees"?

I said yes based on the 2nd posible interpretation of the question.

As fpr the 1st interpretation, Maybe :!:

Nate Robertson is, IMHO, is the Tiger starter most likely to get knocked arround by the Yankees. Asside from the 3rd inning, he pitched very well last night. Unfortunately, he was facing Wang, who pitched just a little bit better than Robertson.

Let's compair Pitching staffs for a moment:

Robertson vs. Wang = Yankees win. It's in the books.

I'm not sure of how the Tigers rotation is going to go, but, the next 2 starters for the Yankees are Musina and Johnson. Because Bonderman and Rogers both pitched in relief in the final regular season game, I am assuming that Verlander will get the start in game 2 of the ALDS.

Verlander vs. Musina = 1st of all, Mike Musina is very beatable. He was a 50/50 pitcher before being bought by the Yankees. Meaning, it was a toss up as to which Musina would show up to pitch. The only difference now that he is with the Yankees is that he has an offensive juggernaught to bail him out.
Verlander has been very consistantly pitching great.

I think game 2 of the ALDS goes to the Tigers.

Bonderman or Rogers vs. Randy Johnson = Randy Johnson is old and is only half of what he was just 2 years ago. Add to that the fact that he has a bulging/herniated disk in his back, and I believe this = a Tigers victory regaurdless whether it's Bondo or Rogers pitching for the Tigers because the Yankees Bullpen sucks.

I think game 3 ALDS goes to the Tigers.

Bonerman or Rogers vs. Lidle or Wright.

Lidle and Wright or no better than Musina. I can very easily see the Tigers taking the next 3 games from the Yankees.

I think game 4 ALDS goes to the Tigers.

The secret? The is no secret. The Tigers Starters 1-5 are just as good as or better than the Yankees 1-5. And if the Tigers offense can jump on the Yankees Starters, the Yankees will be forced to go to their weakest link. THE BULLPEN

:!:

October 4th, 2006, 11:29 am
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

Wow Billy. Good analysis (with some homerism involved!) Honstly, I think the Tigers might be able to stretch it to 5 games, but I just cannot see getting the better of that lineup 3 times (regardless of who is pitching for them or us) with wins. It sucks because I want them to do well and keep this amazing season alive, but that lineup just makes me shudder :cry:

Tim

October 5th, 2006, 10:09 am
Veteran General Manager

Will the Tigers beat the Yankees? The question is kind of vague. Do you mean, " Will the Tigers win the ALDS vs. the Yankees"? Or do you mean, " Will the Tigers even win 1 game vs. the Yankees"?

I said yes based on the 2nd posible interpretation of the question.

As fpr the 1st interpretation, Maybe :!:

Nate Robertson is, IMHO, is the Tiger starter most likely to get knocked arround by the Yankees. Asside from the 3rd inning, he pitched very well last night. Unfortunately, he was facing Wang, who pitched just a little bit better than Robertson.

Let's compair Pitching staffs for a moment:

Robertson vs. Wang = Yankees win. It's in the books.

I'm not sure of how the Tigers rotation is going to go, but, the next 2 starters for the Yankees are Musina and Johnson. Because Bonderman and Rogers both pitched in relief in the final regular season game, I am assuming that Verlander will get the start in game 2 of the ALDS.

Verlander vs. Musina = 1st of all, Mike Musina is very beatable. He was a 50/50 pitcher before being bought by the Yankees. Meaning, it was a toss up as to which Musina would show up to pitch. The only difference now that he is with the Yankees is that he has an offensive juggernaught to bail him out.
Verlander has been very consistantly pitching great.

I think game 2 of the ALDS goes to the Tigers.

Bonderman or Rogers vs. Randy Johnson = Randy Johnson is old and is only half of what he was just 2 years ago. Add to that the fact that he has a bulging/herniated disk in his back, and I believe this = a Tigers victory regaurdless whether it's Bondo or Rogers pitching for the Tigers because the Yankees Bullpen sucks.

I think game 3 ALDS goes to the Tigers.

Bonerman or Rogers vs. Lidle or Wright.

Lidle and Wright or no better than Musina. I can very easily see the Tigers taking the next 3 games from the Yankees.

I think game 4 ALDS goes to the Tigers.

The secret? There is no secret. The Tigers Starters 1-5 are just as good as or better than the Yankees 1-5. And if the Tigers offense can jump on the Yankees Starters, the Yankees will be forced to go to their weakest link. THE BULLPEN

:!:

So far, so good with my analysis of this series.

October 7th, 2006, 12:15 am
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

I'm really surprised by how the Tigers have played thus far in this series. After they closed out the season by getting swept by the Royals, I figured that they didn't stand a chance against the Yankees. Hopefully, they can keep it up and win the series today at home. Let's just hope that Bonderman can find his slider again and get the job done.

October 7th, 2006, 12:26 pm
Veteran General Manager

Mission Accomplished :!: All anyone had to do was read my previous post in this thread and you all could have saved yourselves some anxiety. :lol:

October 7th, 2006, 8:11 pm
Varsity 1st Team

October 7th, 2006, 8:28 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Okay Swami...I mean Billy...give us the lowdown on the A's series! Okay...we'll wait until the release the pitching lineups.

October 7th, 2006, 11:35 pm
RIP Killer

Okay Swami...I mean Billy...give us the lowdown on the A's series! Okay...we'll wait until the release the pitching lineups.

Tigers beat the A's in 5.

October 7th, 2006, 11:35 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

"I know pitching wins in October," said one AL GM. "But that lineup is too good for anybody to shut down. There isn't a dominating pitching staff out there, like the White Sox had last year, that's good enough to shut them down."

October 8th, 2006, 11:26 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]