View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 16th, 2014, 9:13 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Mark Orlando's Mock 
RIP Killer

Post Mark Orlando's Mock
From just checking it out briefly, I have to say I like it. I don't wanna analyze every pick because 3 round mocks are hardcore to make, plus it'd just be my opinion.

My only comment is that if Alex Smith is still hanging around in the 2nd when the Lions pick, I have to imagine they'll take him over Barrett Ruud. Ruud is good, and I don't think he'll fall that far, and TE is a more stressing need IMO.

Good job on the mock.

April 7th, 2005, 7:33 am
NFL Team Captain

I agree with Conversion, Alex Smith and David Baas still on the board with the Rudd pick would cause me a great deal of stress. Seeing as we resigned Rainer I think MLB can wait until next year. As for Michael Munoz in the 3rd, brilliant. If he has (as the "insiders" say) half of the talent and ability that his daddy had then I love the boy. J.R. Russell I don't know much about, but MR. Orlando did such a good job on this draft, that I'll trust him with this pick. Pretty white of me eh?

Good job Mike, my favorite draft so far. :arrow: :idea: :arrow: :idea: :arrow: :idea: :arrow:

April 7th, 2005, 8:42 am
Varsity Benchwarmer

Though I just don't see the Lions cutting Hakim just to save $250,000 this year. That doesn't make much sense.

April 7th, 2005, 9:25 am
Profile YIM WWW
Varsity Benchwarmer

I could care less about Munoz's pedigree, the man has injury concerns, I think the Lions would be better going after Adam Terry or Marcus Johson early in the 2nd round.

JR Russell concerns me as well. Street & Smith's 2005 NFL Draft Guide said that his work ethic and desire is questionable. I have the Lions drafting Roscoe Parrish in the 3rd round. Parrish is small, but he has blazing speed and is a very hard worker

April 7th, 2005, 7:33 pm
Varsity Captain

:arrow: Thanks for the comments on the draft guys. I completed this mock over a week ago and as usual, things cause them to change, like resigning Rainer. I also agree that Alex Smith would fit better now. I felt the Lions were more likely to resign Fitzsimmons before Rainer and was proven wrong there.

JR Russel is a gamer with very sticky hands. Watched him play four games this year and he really impressed me. Deceptive speed, runs good routes and knows how to catch the football. If I passed on Russel here, I would wait until the 6th round and grab Taylor Stubblefield, who is receiving no love in this draft. Big Ten's All-Time leading receiver should serve well.

Anyhow, I just wanted to thank you guys for yur input. The real draft is right around the corner and I'm confident that "Mooch" and Millen have a good gameplan ready to go. Go Lions!

:arrow:

April 7th, 2005, 9:35 pm
Profile YIM
Peanut and Beer Salesman

i don't like dallas 20 pick because dallas well not pick a CB on the first day. After they just give one big buck.
And the CB you give them is not even a first rounder, 2nd at best

April 7th, 2005, 9:38 pm
RIP Killer

i don't like dallas 20 pick because dallas well not pick a CB on the first day. After they just give one big buck. And the CB you give them is not even a first rounder, 2nd at best

Marlin Jackson is one the top 4 CBs in the draft. Behind Rolle, Jones, and Rogers. His technique is awesome and he's shut down some great WRs. I think he would be a good pick for Dallas.

Anthony Henry is a good CB. Newman is good as well. Their depth is weak. Henry had a WOW type rookie year getting 10 picks. He hasn't lived up to that rookie year expectation though. Dallas overpaid IMO.

Dallas needs a WR over a CB though. I could see them gobbling up Williamson or Clayton if either is hanging around at 20.

April 8th, 2005, 7:54 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]