View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 21st, 2014, 6:08 am

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Lions interested in Quincy Carter... 

Who would you rather have as the Lions backup QB?
Poll ended at August 22nd, 2004, 2:32 pm
Mike McMahon 85%  85%  [ 11 ]
Quincy Carter 15%  15%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 13

Lions interested in Quincy Carter... 
RIP Killer

Post Lions interested in Quincy Carter...
Quincy Carter passed through waivers for all 32 teams however the Dallas Morning News is reporting that 10 teams have expressed interest with the Lions being one of the most interested...

August 8th, 2004, 2:32 pm
Profile WWW
QB Coach

After hearing Parcells talk with Bryan Cox on Best Damn Sports Show, I would definitely say no. Carter was given every chance to succeed in Dallas and threw it all away. Parcells put so much confidence in this kid, helping him a lot along the way. He ruined his chance with his drugs that were obviously more important to him. I think that Carter is more talented than McMahon, but Mike is a blue-collar type of guy. He knows the system well too, whereas Carter would have to learn it again.

August 8th, 2004, 10:33 pm
Profile WWW
Cheerleader

I think that we've done a good job getting guys without big problems here and I dont want to start bringing them in now. This was his second offense and I'm confident there will be at least a 3rd. I think Parcells made a good decision giving him the boot. Even if Dre Bly was in that same situation, I wouldn't want him on our team anymore.

August 9th, 2004, 12:29 pm
Baton Girl

id be really upset if we brought in quincy to replace mcmahon. parcells obviously thought something was wrong with him enough to completely drop him off the roster. i wonder if it would even be worth it

August 9th, 2004, 12:38 pm
RIP Killer

"I think that we've done a good job getting guys without big problems here and I dont want to start bringing them in now. This was his second offense and I'm confident there will be at least a 3rd. I think Parcells made a good decision giving him the boot. Even if Dre Bly was in that same situation, I wouldn't want him on our team anymore."

bgridder20 - well said, I couldn't agree with you anymore! I'm not a huge fan of McMike and his lack of accuracy. I'm hoping (if he gets some playing time) he will show improvement there. If not, this is probably his last season with the Lions and they will need to use a late draft pick next year for a backup...

August 9th, 2004, 12:39 pm
Profile WWW
Cheerleader

Post Meh.
Don't want or need Quincy Carter.

Mike McMahon is capable of being a good back up. Nothing that Quincy Carter brings to the table is better then what we currently have in McMahon. Besides, Mike has been here awhile. He knows the system and the personel. I'm not sure what offense Parcells runs in Dallas, but I'd feel a lot more safe with a backup QB that knows the offense just in case Joey goes down.

August 9th, 2004, 6:01 pm
Profile YIM
Towel Boy

Post Quincy as third QB?
Could be that they are interested in bringing him as the third QB and replacing Mirer (sp?).

Would that be a good idea?

August 9th, 2004, 7:24 pm
Baton Girl

New here nice web site so far

August 9th, 2004, 10:05 pm
QB Coach

Post Re: Quincy as third QB?
Cats_1 wrote:
Could be that they are interested in bringing him as the third QB and replacing Mirer (sp?).

I think that we would rather have Mirer rather than Carter due to his experience. Carter would want to start as well, and may not accept a back-up role, like Mirer did in signing with us.

August 10th, 2004, 12:27 am
Profile WWW
Cheerleader

Brian wrote:
Cats_1 wrote:

I think that we would rather have Mirer rather than Carter due to his experience. Carter would want to start as well, and may not accept a back-up role, like Mirer did in signing with us.

Besides that, wouldn't be ludacris to sign a veteran to be a 3rd string QB, then replace him by a younger, more inexperienced QB? Signing Carter makes no sense at all, and it's not going to happen. He'll end up with the Bears or someone like that who need someone to fall back on.

August 10th, 2004, 12:39 am
Profile YIM
QB Coach

David wrote:
He'll end up with the Bears or someone like that who need someone to fall back on.

We can only hope that Grossman fails and they have no one to fall back on! :D

August 10th, 2004, 2:49 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]