View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 23rd, 2014, 2:53 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Da Draft... 
Site Admin

Post Da Draft...
What a great and necessary draft we had this year. I think Jones looks very good and with some better run blocking and time he is only gonna get better.

Lehman was sweet too...with all the LB injuries we really need him to be as heady as he was yesterday. His forcing of that fumble was just incredible. I loved watching the replays cause it was under review...the kid is going to be damn good.

and Roy ROY Williams...lol...well maybe not ROY but damn...no question it was the perfect pick with Charles "Glass Bones" Rogers. That one catch sold me and I am now convinced the kid can play. Can you imagine our pitiful receiving core if he was not here...Az "brick hands" Hakim, tai streets, and ???? Eddie Drummond???David Kircus???. Az was hit a number of times IN THE NUMBERS and could not keep it.

oh well...overall we have to be pleased with the youth stepping up and fast.

NOTE to Millen...lets make sure we pick the hardy people from now on...

September 13th, 2004, 11:40 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

The added depth by taking 2 LBs, a WR, RB and DB (not to mention OL) unfortunately looks to be paying off already thanks to all the injuries...

September 13th, 2004, 11:55 am
Profile WWW
QB Coach

Tod bad last year's draft hasn't been good to us.

Rogers- Out first and second season due to injury
Bailey- Out in college and in second season

Redding- Needs to pan out...
Pinner- Out in first season
Holt- Steal! Good so far...
Davis- Out first season and start of second

Kircus- Cut/Practice Squad
Johnson- Cut
Adams- Cut
Drumm- Cut
Anglin- Cut

September 13th, 2004, 2:49 pm
Profile WWW
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

I thought our line blocked good. The backs need to make the right cuts, this will help the line. KJ and Pinner are young and I think they will get better.

that was a great win this week. I hope we can win agian and start 2-0 that would be AWSOME :D

September 14th, 2004, 3:19 pm
Water Boy

(Moronic comment alert!!! Read with caution...)

I always thought that Barry Sanders would have been even more effective if he could have found the hole first and started 'Sanderizing' after he reached the LBs. The traipsing along the line cost him positive yards many times. I do realize that it often allowed him to create some pretty amazing runs as well.

(Back to a semi-sane post...)

It seemed as if KJ had a dose of this disease at times on Sunday. Hopefully he'll learn to follow his lead hard and then start to use his skill to make people miss.

September 14th, 2004, 6:03 pm
QB Coach

I thought our line blocked good. The backs need to make the right cuts, this will help the line. KJ and Pinner are young and I think they will get better.

that was a great win this week. I hope we can win agian and start 2-0 that would be AWSOME :D

Hmmm, I don't know what game you were watching, but I consistently watched Kevin Jones get stuffed behind the line, because of linemen not picking up their blocks. We are a good pass-blocking offensive line, but our run blocking isn't that good.

September 14th, 2004, 11:09 pm
Profile WWW
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

The backs and line will get on the same page. I still think they did a good job aginst a good Dline. This week will be diffrent the front 7 of Texans isnt as tough as the Bears.

September 15th, 2004, 3:15 pm
Stats Boy

What is strange is that all of our draft picks that we drafted this year fill spots that were left by injuries from last years class. Williams is filling in for Rogers and Lehman is filling in for Bailey. A big question in the offseason is who we keep. Streets is a free agent. So far he has proved that he can fill in the X position in case on an injury. Williams is our go to Z reciever. I see Rogers comming back and having to learn the X position. There isn't too many guys who fill in the slot as good as Az Hakim. Woody dosen't look too comfortable at guard and with Raiola's contract up at this season and with Shawn Rogers and Stockar McDougle are the guys where the money is going to go, Raiola looks like the odd man out. I see us having a draft pick 15-20 and picking a guy like Elton Brown out of Virginia. We should go after Darren Howard who appears will test free agency because the Saints don't want to pay them. He could be Robert Porcher's replacement.

October 10th, 2004, 4:03 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]