View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 25th, 2014, 1:52 am

Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Who to start? 
QB Coach

deadhead sorry about that advice i expected jones to get shut down all i can say is sorry

i didnt start Roy so that screwed me

October 15th, 2006, 5:32 pm
RIP Killer

Sleepers...Chris Cooley (Redskins) and Alex Smith (Bucs). Smith should put down a score as he's a hot target in the redzone. Cooley should produce a solid number of yards this week, but probably won't see the endzone.

Cha-ching!

I figured Jones would have an average week (~60 yards rushing and 40 receiving...good flex starter, but not a good RB starter...wow did he show me).

I was also way wrong about Roy. He disproved all his critics saying that'd he'd be a whimp out because he had an injury and barely play.

I had three big misses so far this week - Willie Parker, Jeremy Shockey, and Bulger. Bulger was a player I figured would throw for about 260 with 2 TDs and 2 INTs. Seattle's pass D looked bad. Shockey was basically handed those 2 TD passes, I'm shocked Coughlin didn't run Tiki on the 4 yarder.

October 15th, 2006, 5:59 pm
RIP Killer

Man...Cotchery's getting as many looks as anyone else, but Pennington just isn't hitting him.

October 15th, 2006, 6:26 pm
Pro Bowl Player

I picked up Chris Henry as my 5th receiver (I start 3). Could this pay off later in the season when he's back, or am I delusional?

October 19th, 2006, 9:05 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Henry's a big part of the Cinci offense. He's a good pickup now, if you can spare him riding the pine for at elast another week.

October 19th, 2006, 9:31 am
Pro Bowl Player

Thanks again. I thought it might be a steal.

My problem now is that with Fitzgerald out, I'm starting 2nd or 3rd string fantasy receivers. This week it's Braylon Edwards, Terry Glenn, and Lee Evans. Any sleepers?

October 19th, 2006, 11:41 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

The word on Fitz is that he'll sit out this week AND next and then he has a bye. He'll come back week 10 for sure.

This week is kind of a rough week for you (I know how you feel...I have Bernard Berrian, Marques Colston, Travis Henry, Chicago D (Briggs) are all on byes).

Edwards has a tough matchup, but should get 10-12 looks against a great Denver defense. Denver is stopping teams on the ground and Frye will have few options (Denver has done very well against TEs), meaning Edwards should see a lot of passes...but can he beat Champ Bailey? We'll see.

Glenn has a pretty good matchup at NYG. I like Glenn a lot here. All depends on how Dallas' OL holds up in pass protection. Bledsoe is the only question mark for this game. I fully expect Julius Jones to get 23+ carries and 110 yards in this game.

Lee Evans is a must start because of how often Losman targets him. Buffalo is facing a tough NE team, but the weakness is their secondary. I expect Losman to have a rough day, but when Buffalo goes to their hurry up, short pass game, Evans gets a ton of catches. Evans should catch 8-10 balls in this game for 85+ yards. McGahee is definately riding the pine this week IMO. He won't break 70 yards on the ground.

Sleepers
Bryant Johnson (Cards) vs Oak. Leinart is making things happen and with Edge averaging garbage numbers on the ground, most of Arizona's yardage will come through the air. Johnson is sure to see about 6 catches.

Eric Parker (SD) vs KC. I think Parker has a solid week this week against KC. I think SD will put up ~30 points and Rivers should have 2 TDs through the air. Parker's getting more looks every week.

Deion Branch (Seattle) vs Min. I said he'd have a big week last week and he came through. I love his talent and he's a big play guy.

Javon Walker (Denver) vs CLE. Walker's going to have a big day. He's getting more and more involved in the offense, who is struggling through the air. I think we'll see Cutler sooner than later.

October 19th, 2006, 3:33 pm
Color Commentator - John Madden

I have an Offensive flex position in which I can put in any offensive player. My question is should I start Laurence Maroney @ Buffalo, DeShaun Foster @ Cinci, or Ben Roethlisberger @ Atlanta?

October 19th, 2006, 11:06 pm
RIP Killer

I have an Offensive flex position in which I can put in any offensive player. My question is should I start Laurence Maroney @ Buffalo, DeShaun Foster @ Cinci, or Ben Roethlisberger @ Atlanta?

Ben in a flex position? Never seen QBs able to go in a flex position. That's cool though. I wouldn't put Ben in there. Atlanta has a very good pass D.

Foster hasn't been that good this season, but I like him simply because DeAngelo Williams is out and he's really the ONLY back worth something in Carolina. I think this will be a good game as Cinci starts to get back on track, so the Panthers will run the ball at least 20 times. Foster will get his touches and will find the endzone at least once.

I like Maroney at Buffalo, but I don't like the fact that he's sharing almost 50/50 with Dillon. For that reason, Foster is the better pick.

October 19th, 2006, 11:29 pm
Varsity Captain

deadhead sorry about that advice i expected jones to get shut down all i can say is sorry

i didnt start Roy so that screwed me

No problem man, I still managed to win last week. Thank you Rex Grossman. I still appreciate the advice you and CO2 gave.

October 21st, 2006, 4:59 pm
Pro Bowl Player

The battle of the losers continues in my receiver corps:

Amani Toomer or Braylon Edwards?

October 26th, 2006, 2:13 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

The battle of the losers continues in my receiver corps:

Amani Toomer or Braylon Edwards?

Toomer stinks. The Giants are passing quite a bit (controlling the clock more than anything) but Toomer isn't getting more than 4 looks a game, tops. His 2 TD 100+ yard game was a fluke. Sharing with Plax, Shockey, and Barber doesn't help.

Edwards all the way. He's the best WR in the Browns offense, gets ~10 looks a game...even though Frye is on his back faster than he can throw the ball.

October 26th, 2006, 4:23 pm
Pro Bowl Player

Thanks. Edwards was crap last week, so I thought it couldn't hurt to mix it up. Do you think Henry will actually play this week?

October 26th, 2006, 6:11 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

I imagine Henry will be in the mix, but not a whole lot. TJ is starting to get more and more catches, though. Henry has, historically, been a big part of the Cinci offense and puts up numbers comparable to TJ.

This week is entirely up to Marv and co...considering Perry is back from his injury and is seeing some catches out of the backfield.

BTW - Chad Johnson already said he would shave his head if DeAngelo Hall shuts him down. Both are huge smack talkers, but I expect Johnson to tear it up this week.

As far as Edwards is concerned...you can't blame him. He was matching up on Champ Bailey and the rest of his offense was getting owned by one of the top defenses in the league. This week he should do MUCH better against the Jets.

October 26th, 2006, 6:19 pm
Pro Bowl Player

Interesting...but what about the upheaval with the Cleveland offensive coordinator?

conversion02 wrote:
I imagine Henry will be in the mix, but not a whole lot. TJ is starting to get more and more catches, though. Henry has, historically, been a big part of the Cinci offense and puts up numbers comparable to TJ.

This week is entirely up to Marv and co...considering Perry is back from his injury and is seeing some catches out of the backfield.

BTW - Chad Johnson already said he would shave his head if DeAngelo Hall shuts him down. Both are huge smack talkers, but I expect Johnson to tear it up this week.

As far as Edwards is concerned...you can't blame him. He was matching up on Champ Bailey and the rest of his offense was getting owned by one of the top defenses in the league. This week he should do MUCH better against the Jets.

October 26th, 2006, 7:19 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next