View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 16th, 2014, 5:29 pm

Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 WORLD SERIES! 
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

Game 7 was always supposed to be Thursday. the only thing that changed with the postponment was that there is no travel day now.....

Tim

October 17th, 2006, 10:54 am
Bubbles the Lion

I don't think there is any doubt. The rotation will be Rogers, Verlander, Bonderman, and Robertson. You send your two best out in Games 1 and 2. Rogers has been lights out at home, and their best pitcher. This way you have him for a game 7 if you need him!

October 17th, 2006, 8:30 pm
Baton Girl

Well, Tiger faithful, I hope this will be a good series. I've been a Cardinal fan since my youth; my father and I watched and listened to cardinal baseball religiously. I realize my team's odds aren't good, but we all know that games are not won on paper. Congratulations to the Tigers on a remarkable year; I just hope they can win the title some other year instead of this one! :twisted:

October 20th, 2006, 1:41 am

Thanks Lionbatcher! Best of luck to the Cardinals as well. I'm thinking with the layoff and with you guys on a high from that dramatic win in game 7, that you may pull off an upset in game 1. That is usually when an underdog has the best shot at stealing a game. I think if we win game 1, it may be over in 5 games, but for the record i'm saying Tigers in 6!

Tim

October 20th, 2006, 10:11 am
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

I'm gonna have to say the Tigers in 5 or 6 over the Cards. In a way, I hope that it goes six games so the Tigers can win the World Series at home.

October 20th, 2006, 11:35 am
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Here is a link to radio call of Magg's homer. Its an amazing call, still gives me goosebumps everytime I here it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0Iaj7Wzi_8

October 21st, 2006, 2:22 am
Profile WWW
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

What a disappointing loss that was! 7-2 against the Cards at home with Verlander on the mound. Perhaps, the week off did have a negative effect on the Tigers afterall. Hopefully, they can get their act together for game 2 tonight.

P.S. I hope they don't decide to pitch to Pujols with a base open again.

October 22nd, 2006, 10:37 am
RIP Killer

Verlander under pressure has been a disaster. He's stunk in the post season. I was kind of pissed he was going first, but I can't question Leyland. I would have liked to seen Bondo start game 1 and have Verlander take game 3 or 4.

The bats were nonexistant outside of Guillen and Monroe (these guys CANNOT go anywhere anytime soon). I liked the fact that Monroe looked pissed after his HR, like WTF, do I have to do everything myself you SOBs?!?

Tigers in 6...but I'm ultra-pissed. Rogers needs to throw a gem tonight

BTW - my fiancee is a Cards fan...we haven't spoken since last night :evil:

October 22nd, 2006, 11:38 am

That Inge interfernce call was shaky in my opinion. He was standing pretty far off the basepath.

October 22nd, 2006, 12:52 pm
Profile WWW

Okay, I know what dirt looks like, and that was not dirt on Kenny Roger's hand, no matter what he says. I think it was an accident, and obviously it doens't matter because the cardinals couldn't do anything agaisnt him the whole rest of the game.

Edit...

Now that I read the umpire's commets, it seems more plausible, but it definitly didn't look like dirt to me. Oh well...

THREE MORE GAMES

October 23rd, 2006, 12:14 am
Profile WWW

Great game by Rogers to right the ship! Big test Tuesday night w/ Carpenter pitching. Pudge needs to break out of his slump something serious! I think he stranded like 5 or 6 runners by himself! Unacceptable, IMO. We need him to stepup w/ no DH in the next 3 games. We should have blew last nights game open by the 5th....

Tim

October 23rd, 2006, 2:59 pm
RIP Killer

Pudge needs to break out of his slump something serious! I think he stranded like 5 or 6 runners by himself! Unacceptable, IMO.

Not just that, but Polanco has stunk as well. Polanco is 0-9 or something in the series so far...which is super uncharacteristic of him.

I'm not scared of Carpenter. I think he will pitch a 2 run game and go 7 innings strong...but I think Nate will do just as well.

Bondo is the guy who scares me. He tends to leave fastballs high...Pujols is going to own him if he doesn't get his crap together.

October 23rd, 2006, 3:12 pm

Quote:
Not just that, but Polanco has stunk as well. Polanco is 0-9 or something in the series so far...which is super uncharacteristic of him.

I'm not scared of Carpenter. I think he will pitch a 2 run game and go 7 innings strong...but I think Nate will do just as well.

Bondo is the guy who scares me. He tends to leave fastballs high...Pujols is going to own him if he doesn't get his crap together.

Yeah, Polanco has surprised me as well. Especially since we haven't face the Cardinals 2 best pitchers yet. He needs to start stringing some hits together so we can extend some innings. I actually think JL should move him back to #2 and drop Monroe to the #3 slot.

I think Bondo will be just fine. The Cardinals struggle against power right handers and JL is not gonna make the same mistake and pitch to Pujols if he doesn't have to. I actually think Bondo is gonna have a good game when he pitches....

Tim

October 23rd, 2006, 7:37 pm
Great game by Rogers to right the ship! Big test Tuesday night w/ Carpenter pitching. Pudge needs to break out of his slump something serious! I think he stranded like 5 or 6 runners by himself! Unacceptable, IMO. We need him to stepup w/ no DH in the next 3 games. We should have blew last nights game open by the 5th....

We have yet to have a DH really. With Casey being our DH and Santiago covering for Guillen who is ultimately covering for Casey St. Louis, not Det. has benefitted more from the American League rules. Our lineup will get stronger relatively speaking in St. Louis as Casey will be back at first base, and Santiago will be out. They say Nate bats well.. We'll see I guess... On a side note... I can't believe pitchers can't hit better... who better to know what's coming???

October 24th, 2006, 4:18 am
Modmin Dude

TADOne wrote:

We have yet to have a DH really. With Casey being our DH and Santiago covering for Guillen who is ultimately covering for Casey St. Louis, not Det. has benefitted more from the American League rules. Our lineup will get stronger relatively speaking in St. Louis as Casey will be back at first base, and Santiago will be out. They say Nate bats well.. We'll see I guess... On a side note... I can't believe pitchers can't hit better... who better to know what's coming???

I have felt that way for years. They should know how to recognize which pitch is coming....at least you would think that :roll:

October 24th, 2006, 4:06 pm
Reply to topic   [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next