View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 31st, 2014, 3:43 pm

Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 WORLD SERIES! 
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

I'm sure the pitchers DO have a good idea what is coming, but it doesn't mean they can hit it. I'm sure if they was better at it, they wouldn't be pitchers....LOL. But seriously, pitchers just don't practice hitting that much either. They have more to worry about like their pitching mechanics than to worry about hitting a slider.....

Tim

October 24th, 2006, 5:01 pm
Modmin Dude

Does anyone else think its BS that you can't listen to the WS online without paying for it? I thought baseball was supposed to be America's pasttime???!!???

October 24th, 2006, 8:25 pm

Well guys, I hate to say it, but our boy's are in trouble. We can come back from a 2-1 deficit, but we just are not showing any signs of being able to do that. Our bats are ice cold, our defense has been awful, and the Cardinals just look like they want it more. The thing is, we have multiple players who aren't hitting: Granderson, Polanco, and Rodriguez do not have a single hit thru 3 games! That is just unacceptable. And there really is no answer other than they just need to layoff bad pitches and work counts. And when they get a good pitch, put the damn ball in play! Simple as that....

We need to pray that Bondo has an exceptional game in him tonight. If not, we may be toast....

Tim

October 25th, 2006, 11:27 am
Modmin Dude

Where's Thames???
Why aren't the hitters showing patience like they were during the previous 2 series'???

October 25th, 2006, 12:41 pm
Modmin Dude

Where's Thames???
Why aren't the hitters showing patience like they were during the previous 2 series'???
Why isn't Granderson trying to bunt his way on???

October 25th, 2006, 12:41 pm

Where's Thames???

Good question and one that should hopefully get answered tonight....

....just don't know whose place he would take??

Quote:

Wish I had a good answer for this, but I don't. I guess we could blame the layoff, but that's too easy. I think the Tigers started to believe their own headlines that they were too good and the Cardinals wouldnt put up much of a fight. Then again, the simple answer is that this is the team we have seen all season. They hit good for a stretch and then go completely cold for a stretch. They just seem to have gone cold at the wrong time...

Tim

October 25th, 2006, 2:48 pm

Where's Thames???

Good question and one that should hopefully get answered tonight....

....just don't know whose place he would take??

Quote:

Wish I had a good answer for this, but I don't. I guess we could blame the layoff, but that's too easy. I think the Tigers started to believe their own headlines that they were too good and the Cardinals wouldnt put up much of a fight. Then again, the simple answer is that this is the team we have seen all season. They hit good for a stretch and then go completely cold for a stretch. They just seem to have gone cold at the wrong time...

Quote:

And this is just brilliant. Any hitter who is struggling and has the speed that Curtis has should try and break out of their slump by any means, and this would be a good start. Problem is, Leyland just doesn't believe in the bunt unless the situation absolutely dictates it. And the bunt usually comes down to the manager calling for the player to do it. But at this point, I think we need to try anything that may work.....

Tim

October 25th, 2006, 2:52 pm

Well guys, what do you think? Does the rainout help or hurt the Tigers? Thoughts??

Also, they are calling for rain tonight and Friday as well, so we may not play again until Saturday. This sucks..... :evil:

Tim

October 26th, 2006, 10:57 am
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

Since my initial post World Series post was lost in the host transfer, I'll say it again. GREAT JOB BOYS!!!! Of course, I would have wanted them to win it all, but just getting there was a victory in itself. Afterall, how many times have the Lions made it to the Super Bowl?

November 2nd, 2006, 12:56 am
Site Admin

Since my initial post World Series post was lost in the host transfer, I'll say it again. GREAT JOB BOYS!!!! Of course, I would have wanted them to win it all, but just getting there was a victory in itself. Afterall, how many times have the Lions made it to the Super Bowl?

Absolutely agree...what a great season. Sucks to lose...but considering the Tigers lost in the World Series after being terrible since I was a kid is awesome.

November 2nd, 2006, 10:30 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3