View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently August 20th, 2014, 2:45 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Texans 
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

Post Texans
man iam hopeing for a win this week. I think if we can control the clock and keep the Texans D on the field and Davis on the bench or put them in situation where they rely on Carr throw the ball, It should be lions win

September 15th, 2004, 3:22 pm
RIP Killer

I know the Texans are gonna be ticked off after last week but I think this game is the Lions for the taking. I would like to see the Lions running game vastly improved from last week (and I agree with your other post about the Bears d-line being much stronger than the Texans.)

DD does scare me, especially on the dump/screen passes - the Lions must be well prepared for that.

I agree...

LIONS 2-0

In two games the Lions will have:
1) won 40% of their 2003 total
2) won 66% of their 2002 total
3) won 100% of their 2001 total
4) won their first road game of the George W. Bush administration :roll:

September 15th, 2004, 4:40 pm
Profile WWW
Baton Girl

i disagree pablo. imo, The lioins need to step it up big time or they will be blown out this game. david car is in his third year, the same position as joey, but david has shown better growth and ability in this league. dd gives them an established runner and andre johnson is a stud. defensively, they have a very good 12 cb combo. the lions will struggle in this game

September 15th, 2004, 10:21 pm
QB Coach

defensively, they have a very good 12 cb combo.

I wouldn't call Dunta Robinson a "very good" corner. He made a lot of mistakes against the wonderful receivers of the Chargers :? that didn't sound right...Anyways, he has a long ways to go. I look for Aaron Glenn to cover Roy Williams the entire game, as Chicago did with Tillman, and for Hakim and Streets to step up. It's a very even matchup this week IMO, not going to be a Houston blowout especially at Ford Field in the opening week, where the Lions ALWAYS play hard.

September 15th, 2004, 10:27 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

They lost to the Chargers - - - in Houston! Can't give them too much credit.

I also agree with Brian, Dunta is talented and hasn't played well this year. Besides the first game, which Brian points out, he continually got burned in the pre-seaon - I beleive he gave up more big play (over 20 yards) than any other DB.

The fact that they won in Chicago relieves a lot of pressure on the team and they play well at home (especially in home openers and Thanksgiving).

They do have some nice players but I have to give the edge to the Lions.

September 15th, 2004, 11:44 pm
Profile WWW

david carr is in his third year, the same position as joey, but david has shown better growth and ability in this league.

He should be better. They have an established running game, good Oline,and OK WR corps. The Texans are a good offensive team. But I wonder about there D. They have couple of guys worth talking about, Sharper is their best D player. Robison doesnt even start Marcus Coleman starts at right corner. Glenn is over the hill (but when he played for the Jets I think he was one of the best corners) Jason Babin is a good young player. I watched some of their game Sunday (thank god for Direct ticket) I have LT in fantasy football. They just turned the ball over too many times from what I could tell and gave the chargers too good field position

September 16th, 2004, 9:15 am
Fair Weather Fan

Andre Johnson should scare the cups off the Lions secondary. I know nobody like to debate draft-stuff, but C-Rog vs AJ.. hmmmm.

If the Lions can let Thomas Jones and David Terrell have career games against them, I shudder to think what Johnson and Dom Davis will do this weekend. On the other side, Houston does not have a cohesive defense yet. Could be a shootout...

Either way, I'll be there nice and early, with a body full of Blue Light, up in my nosebleeds! Go Lions!

September 16th, 2004, 11:09 am

Andre Johnson should scare the cups off the Lions secondary. I know nobody like to debate draft-stuff, but C-Rog vs AJ.. hmmmm.

Your so right. Our secondary should be scared. Johnson is sweet.When the Texans go Play action watch out. Caarr, Davis and Johnson are a poor mans version of Manning, James, and Harrison. But debating Rogers and Johnson you cant. Roger at the time of the draft was the best player avaliable. Plus the guy got hurt you cant compare a guy to someone eles when he gets hurt. If he played and didnt produce like Sam Bowie then compare all you want. Rogers could come back and have all pro career.

By the way this is just my opinion. and you know what they are like.

September 16th, 2004, 11:20 am
All State

rogers was the better receiver out of college, you can debate who is better in the pros but cr hasn't played much so the edge goes to andre. williams could be better than him however..

davis scares me more than anyone else on the texans. he can do everything pretty well. i don't think carr has proven much more than harrington, they seem to be pretty equal thus far.

it will be very interesting to see how kj fares against the 3-4 defense of the texans - it's his chance to have a big day.

go lions - 2&0 baby.

September 16th, 2004, 2:16 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

I would play Andre Johnson if I had him on my fantasy team this week. The Lions' secondary is banged up heading into Sunday's game against the Texans. Starting cornerback Dre Bly will miss the game because of a knee injury. His backup, Andre Goodman missed practice on Wednesday with a thigh injury, and their other starting corner, Fernando Bryant, sat out on Wednesday because of a concussion. Both Bryant and Goodman are listed as probable on th einjury report and are expected to play, though. Andre's eyes are gonna be big on Sunday. :x

September 16th, 2004, 2:27 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]