View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 31st, 2014, 9:50 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Tigers name new bullpen, hitting coaches 
Modmin Dude

Post Tigers name new bullpen, hitting coaches
JON PAUL MOROSI wrote:
Tigers manager Jim Leyland maintained his mantra of promoting from within on Thursday, as the team announced that Jeff Jones would become the new bullpen coach.

Jones had been the pitching coach at Triple-A Toledo for all or part of the last seven seasons.

Lloyd McClendon, this year’s bullpen coach, will shift to hitting coach and replace Don Slaught, who resigned last Friday.

Britt Burns, who had been slated as the pitching coach at Class A Lakeland, will fill the Toledo vacancy. Burns’ replacement will be Joe Coleman, who had worked with big league pitching coach Chuck Hernandez in the Tampa Bay organization

November 9th, 2006, 3:03 pm
RIP Killer

good thing Slaught resigned so they wouldn't have to fire him.

Man, the Tigers were awful last year at the plate. Not patient enough, too patient at times, swinging for the fences on every pitch. PLAY SMALL BALL! I think I saw about a dozen games out of the 150 or so I watched where they actually played small ball and won.

November 9th, 2006, 4:17 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]