View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 16th, 2014, 12:05 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Early season Stones look bad 
RIP Killer

Post Early season Stones look bad
What's with this team? The turnovers are killing them! The T's and all the fouls? The NBA is turning to a pansy league. This team isn't shooting worth a crap either.

I think Flip Murray is a decent player. Mohammad is solid. He's no Ben, but he's got a solid defensive presence (needs to be more aggressive though), and he can score. Jason Maxiell has impressed the hell out of me when he's been in the game. He draws so many fouls though, it's crazy.

Sorry, this has been kind of a random post, but what are your thoughts on the 2-3 start? This is barely a playoff team IMO. They need to start getting their crap together.

November 10th, 2006, 12:29 am
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Yeah, Im really disappointed. I hate the refs though. It seems like they are trying to run up the score, and that is obviously not Piston ball. Also, the no bitching rule sucks. Stern is trying to make the players unemotional robots. I really have no faith in this team right now, but they could pull it off, you never know. Honestly, I would like LB back, even with his weird behavior/health.

November 10th, 2006, 1:27 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Post Re: Early season Stones look bad
conversion02 wrote:
Sorry, this has been kind of a random post, but what are your thoughts on the 2-3 start? This is barely a playoff team IMO. They need to start getting their crap together.

I wouldn't worry just yet, it is very early in the season. I just watched the 0-4 Mavericks vs. the 1-4 Suns last night. I'm pretty sure both will be making to the playoffs but both look bad so far this season.

November 10th, 2006, 10:29 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

I think they are in trouble this season. They will make the playoffs but think it will be with 40some wins.

They have abandoned what got them there and that was incredible defense.

November 10th, 2006, 11:47 am
Profile WWW
I'm so sick of the word "gel" it is disgusting... but... I think we will get better as the team gets more familar with one another.

That said... Mohammad needs to not only be more aggressive he needs to be more physical... I'm not so sure his skinng frame is up to it though. IMO he needs to put on a few pounds.

November 11th, 2006, 12:01 am
RIP Killer

Post Re: Early season Stones look bad
Pablo wrote:
conversion02 wrote:

I wouldn't worry just yet, it is very early in the season. I just watched the 0-4 Mavericks vs. the 1-4 Suns last night. I'm pretty sure both will be making to the playoffs but both look bad so far this season.

Revisiting this old post.

Phoenix win streak = 5 games in a row
Detroit win streak = 7 games in a row
Dallas win streak = 11 games in a row

Told ya not to worry... :D

December 1st, 2006, 5:14 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

I think the Stones will have the best record in the East...but it won't be so much because they're dominant, it'll be because the East stinks compared to the West. I'm worried about the playoff-bound Stones. They still have the posting up problems that they've had for years (because they never get a big man who can shoot worth a damn) and they struggle if Rip is shut down. Tayshaun is solid, but he's too streaky to be the go-to guy. Sheed is just sheed and CB is a great game-manager, but his shot choice this season has been kind of rough. He needs to start shooting more jumpers that aren't 3s. Why shoot a 3 when you're up by 3 with a minute left? Take the easy 2. Just a lot of things I see as problems against teams like the Spurs, Heat (w/Shaq and a Walker/Haslem playing well), and even Mavs. These same things were problems last season and they haven't changed.

December 1st, 2006, 5:24 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]