View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 24th, 2014, 7:33 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Florida not UofM plays OSU 
Pro Bowl Player

Post Florida not UofM plays OSU
Quote:
As for Florida over Michigan, it's difficult to state a logical case against Gators over Wolverines if we're stuck with computers and votes.

Florida played nine conference games in the toughest conference in the country. There's no question the SEC is the best league, and Florida won at Tennessee, and also defeated Alabama, LSU, Georgia and South Carolina. Out of conference, Florida defeated legit big boys in Southern Mississippi and rival Florida State. They played only one patsy, Western Carolina. And of course, Florida's only loss was at Auburn.

The biggest feather in Michigan's cap was throttling Notre Dame in South Bend.

Michael Wilbon - Washington Post

Michigan can’t complain about BCS results
In future, Wolverines should toughen non-conference schedule, play later
Quote:
The Gators not only took care of business, but they played two games — victories over Florida State and Arkansas in the SEC title game — while Michigan sat home, anxiously awaiting the election returns.

Michigan did nothing wrong. Florida just did a little bit more right in the eyes of the voters.

The Wolverines also should understand that the Ohio State game is their national championship game. They will never gain a berth in the BCS title game unless they beat Ohio State.

So the Wolverines should make a mental note to themselves on this topic: Beat Ohio State. It won’t absolutely guarantee a place in the BCS title game, but it’s a deal-breaker if they lose.

The Wolverines also should be mindful of their schedule. As long as they end their season in the middle of November, and other contenders continue to play the Saturday after and the Saturday after that, they’ll be at a disadvantage with voters in the human polls.

And Michigan’s non-conference schedule could stand to be strengthened. This year the Wolverines played Vanderbilt, Central Michigan, Notre Dame and Ball State — not bad, but not good enough to pound one’s chest over with the BCS if the Big Ten should have a down year like it did in 2006. Next year they’re set to open with Eastern Michigan. In 2008, they have Miami of Ohio.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16029462/

December 4th, 2006, 1:40 am
IMO this article is crap... I know Flordia had a tough schedule, but it was ONLY because of their conference being tough this year... Additionally, I wouldn't say that Flordia's schedule was much tougher than U of M's... Sure their average game was tougher, but ALL of their top notch games were against their own conference.. AND.. they NEVER played a top 5 team... Not once! And their loss came to a team that is OUTSIDE the top 10...

Contrast that with U of M... They played TWO top 5 teams (ND when we played them) and OSU.. Their ONLY loss came to OSU when they were ranked #1 overall!...

On a side note... Why is Wis. ranked #7 overall now??? They suck... And... U of M kicked the crap out of them... And we were their only ranked opponent.

December 4th, 2006, 1:57 am
RIP Killer

I voted for Michigan having the tougher schedule. Though I wanted to see Florida/OSU, I voted for Michigan...

I'm a Image

December 4th, 2006, 12:27 pm
Stadium Announcer

BUT, alot of people don't believe it but Florida DID have a tougher schedule, it was even tougher than OSU's. The Big Ten sucked this year except for two teams...OSU and UofM...Yes, Wisconsin sucked!

Just hope your team concentrates on beating USC and not trying to prove the world wrong...if they don't concentrate on the task on hand they will not be able to beat the coaching job that Carroll is going to do. Michigan should win this game, but if they don't work on the task at hand, they will beat themselves, lose, and prove the world right.

Go beat USC!! Check www.ohiostatebuckeyes.com on Jan 9 to see the pictures of the National Champion Buckeyes, because of the top 3 possible contenders to OSU, the one they are playing has the least chance of beating them.

December 4th, 2006, 11:29 pm
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

Go beat USC!! Check www.ohiostatebuckeyes.com on Jan 9 to see the pictures of the National Champion Buckeyes, because of the top 3 possible contenders to OSU, the one they are playing has the least chance of beating them.

Hate to agree w/ a Buckeye, but he is right. I think Florida will get beat by at least 2 TD's.

Tim

December 5th, 2006, 10:32 am
NFL Team Captain

For the record as much as I hate OSU, This will be the first time in my life that I will root for them. I hope they blow Florida off the field. :idea:

December 5th, 2006, 10:41 am
National Champion

I think Michigan got hurt by not having there Bigest larger then life icon BO not being here. Bo was a character larger then life and well thought of in college football circles if he were on tv doing interviews in the past two weeks I bet it would be Michigan and OSU.

" I dont give a dam about those Florida Gators, they have a gimmick offense and thats not how you play football, florida cant man up man to man to Ohio state and Run the ball, heck they dont even know what cold weather feals like. How can you deny a team who goes on the road in a hostile enviroment where the turf keeps comming up in chunks and looses by only three to the number one team in the nation ? You cant ".

December 6th, 2006, 7:30 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]