View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 30th, 2014, 11:28 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 KJ a #1 FF RB? 
RIP Killer

Post KJ a #1 FF RB?
I've stayed clear of Lions players in FF in the past, but Roy has become one of the top FF WRs in the league and Kitna is a viable #2 QB. But KJ is starting to really make FF waves this season as well:

http://www.nfl.com/fantasy/story/9746814

Quote:
Kevin Jones has emerged into one of the league's most versatile featured backs.

Lions head coach Rod Marinelli made it known in the preseason that he would utilize Jones as the centerpiece of his offense, and the underrated and talented back has paid immediate dividends in his new role. He recorded six receptions, 143 all-purpose yards and one touchdown in a 31-24 loss to the New York Jets and has started to stake his claim as one of the more versatile and valuable featured running backs in all of fantasy football.

Jones, who could be called a poor man's Marshall Faulk due to his combination of skills as a runner and receiver out of the backfield, has become a reliable option for offensive coordinator Mike Martz and fantasy owners alike. On pace for an impressive 84 receptions and double-digit touchdowns, Jones will continue to produce down the stretch for owners and should now be considered a viable No. 1 back in most formats.

October 24th, 2006, 5:42 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Jones number of catches is making him a huge stud, especially now that the offense is starting to put up points.

The only downfall...Jones gets very few carries in the second half of games...so unless the Lions are winning, Martz abandons the run.

October 25th, 2006, 9:54 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

I am glad that I have Kitna as my backup to McNabb.

NEVER GIVE UP!

October 26th, 2006, 10:32 am
Varsity 1st Team

His predicted receptions in the Martz system are why I nabbed him as my #2/#3 in most of my leagues. However, I still am not convinced that he is a pure, no brainer, #1 RB yet. I need more runs per game and some consistant 100 yard running games.

It's just going to take me a complete season to decide. Mostly because of the Lions team and their winning history. I really like RB's on winning teams with good O-lines. Especially ones that put up good points each game and need to milk the clock in the 4 qtr. I'm afraid that is not the Lions... yet! Plus, I'm here in Indy and don't get to see many of the game so I don't see every one of his runs.

Maybe next year he will be a #1 RB.

November 13th, 2006, 6:17 pm
Varsity 1st Team

Now who does Detroit Draft as #1 a QB or RB?

December 13th, 2006, 9:46 am
Hall of Fame Player

Not any more and he won't be next year.

I don't expect KJ to ever be even half as good as he was. This injury he sustained is career threating to most people. ESPECIALLY, A RB.

He will never be able to make cuts without pain again. He will be even more susceptable to high ankle sprains than he was before, ( and he has already had what? 3 of those since joining the Lions?).

I am looking at it as if KJ's career is over. If he eventually comes back and produces good stats, then that is bonus for us. But, we deal with this as if he is finnished and move on. We just move on.

I wish we still had Pinner now. I REALLY hope that next year, Bryson can carry the load.

December 13th, 2006, 11:15 am
Modmin Dude

K-Mart wrote:
Not any more and he won't be next year.

I don't expect KJ to ever be even half as good as he was. This injury he sustained is career threating to most people. ESPECIALLY, A RB.

He will never be able to make cuts without pain again. He will be even more susceptable to high ankle sprains than he was before, ( and he has already had what? 3 of those since joining the Lions?).

I am looking at it as if KJ's career is over. If he eventually comes back and produces good stats, then that is bonus for us. But, we deal with this as if he is finnished and move on. We just move on.

I wish we still had Pinner now. I REALLY hope that next year, Bryson can carry the load.

If I'm not mistaken, the Eagles' Brian Westbrook had this same injury, and he seems to be doing just fine now. I doubt that KJ will ever be exactly the same, but I'm sure he will still have a productive career and still be worthy of a #1 RB on any team.

December 13th, 2006, 11:46 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]