View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 23rd, 2014, 8:04 am

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 Seniors 
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Post Seniors
Long and Henne are for sure staying, Hart is 99% sure.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2697517

December 14th, 2006, 3:25 pm
Profile WWW
Veteran General Manager

I'm glad to see this. Has there been any reports about David Harris or Allan Branch? I think they are both Juniors also.

December 14th, 2006, 6:40 pm
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

I was wondering about Harris and Branch myself. Branch is being touted by a lot of scouting reports as the top DT talent IF he comes out, so I'm thinking he is gone. Harris, I'm not so sure. He did have a great season, but he may want to stay and make his stock higher for next year.

Tim

December 14th, 2006, 7:37 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Isn't Harris a senior this year? Even if he wasn't he can't put together a much better year than this year. His status in the draft based on his play is as high as it's going to get his spot now rest on the kind of numbers he puts up in workouts.

As for Long I know he has another year of left that he can play but has he already graduated? If he has he would be a fool to stay another year. His draft status won't get much higher if at all because I don't think he will be a LT at the next level he might but it's really iffy. So with him being look at as a top 15 guy maybe even top 10 as a RT I think he has to jump on it.

Hart should stay just because he's a college RB and people should get to watch him on Saturdays for one more year. But this is a weak RB class and compared to next year he will go much higher in this weak class compared to '08.

As for Henne even if Russell and Brohm both stay in school he would be a fool to skip his final year. As good as he played this year he needs another good year to move himself up into the money spots. I like Henne's potential but I see a young Drew Bledsoe every time I watch him play so he better hop he goes to a team with a really good O-line when he does come out.

December 14th, 2006, 8:48 pm
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

Well, it hasd been confirmed by UM Administration that Branch has not signed up for classes for this semester, and classes started today.....

Branch has said he is still weighing his options, but if this news is correct, then it looks like he is going to declare......

Tim

January 4th, 2007, 10:35 am
Well, it hasd been confirmed by UM Administration that Branch has not signed up for classes for this semester, and classes started today.....

Branch has said he is still weighing his options, but if this news is correct, then it looks like he is going to declare......

IMO that's good for us... Gives us a vialble option if Shaun wants to leave, and even if we're not interested in him it will allow for another player to dop to us late in the first if we can trade down, or even in the 2nd. The more top talent in the draft the better IMO... He seems to be a sure first round pick... Bring it on I say... IMO MI will replace him and it won't be a huge loss on the DL, but he is a great player.

IMO Hart is smart for staying in school... If he lit up the Rose Bowl with 150 or something he possibly could have been a late first rounder or 2nd rounder, but all in all I think he's late round talent. Can he succeed in the NFL? IMO he could be a good third down back, and he would look good on a team like Denver. I konw I know... Who wouldn't look good in Denver?... But with his patience and vision I think he could be a better than an average Rb back behind that line...

January 4th, 2007, 8:32 pm
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

It does look like Branch will be leaving, but he's discussing it with his family first. IMO, he'd be a fool not to since he will certainly be the first DT taken in this year's draft. On the bright side, it looks like the rest of the Michigan Juniors will return in the fall.

As for Hart, he's undersized and really not that fast. If he came out this year, he might not get drafted until the 3rd round. He made a good decision. Perhaps, he can increase his draft stock with an excellent 2007 season, but I can't see him moving up into the 1st round. He just doesn't have the measurables. With that said, I think he will succeed in the NFL because of his smarts, intensity, and heart that he gives on every down.

January 5th, 2007, 8:10 pm
RIP Killer

David Harris is a senior, and the scouting reports on him vary. Some see him as a second round talent, others feel he is more of a late first, early second day talent. Personally, I think late second to early third round talent is a fair assessment.

January 5th, 2007, 8:17 pm
Veteran General Manager

David Harris is a senior, and the scouting reports on him vary. Some see him as a second round talent, others feel he is more of a late first, early second day talent. Personally, I think late second to early third round talent is a fair assessment.

I'd take him to be the Lions MLB. In a lot of ways, He was the cog that made the Michigan Defensive machine work.

January 5th, 2007, 8:41 pm
RIP Killer

If we could get him with our 3rd pick, I'd say it'd be a great pickup. I've been impressed with most aspects of his game all season.

January 5th, 2007, 8:47 pm
RIP Killer

I would say if David Harris is there in the third round, they should consider him strongly. He reminds me of a Lofa Tatupu type backer. The only drawback with him is that I don't think he fits the mold of a C2 MLB because he isn't very strong in coverage and doesn't have top flight speed for the position.

January 5th, 2007, 8:47 pm
I would say if David Harris is there in the third round, they should consider him strongly. He reminds me of a Lofa Tatupu type backer. The only drawback with him is that I don't think he fits the mold of a C2 MLB because he isn't very strong in coverage and doesn't have top flight speed for the position.

I agree, but the only problem with that is you're not going to find a MLB like that in the 3rd round.... Unless you pick up an oversized SS convert, and then you run the risk of the player not making the transition.

However, I will say that I would rather pick up a player that has the tools to be effective, rather than pick up a talent that doesn't... Even if he is talented and a value in the 3rd round, I would prefer passing on Harris, at least for our system...

January 5th, 2007, 9:03 pm
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]