View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 21st, 2014, 8:01 am

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 With the Pistons off to their worst start in several years.. 
Hall of Fame Player

Post With the Pistons off to their worst start in several years..
It might not be that bad of circumstance if they miss the playoffs this season.

I say this because:

1. Obviously, they would get a lottery pick and you just never know how the ping pong balls are going to rise to the surface. It's not likely, but, they could wind up with the #1 overall.

2. The Pistons own the Orlando Magic's 1st round pick if it is #6 overall or later due to the Darko trade.

It is very feasible that the Pistons could get 2 picks in the top 10-15 picks in the next draft wich will only bolster the roster with even more talent and secure them for years to come.

Or, they could trade both picks to move into the top 5-7 picks and get 1 really good player.

November 15th, 2006, 2:48 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

NEVER GIVE UP!

November 15th, 2006, 6:10 pm
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

I agree. All good points, but I don't want that to happen. I want the Pistons to make the playoffs. I want them to contend for a championship. I would rather Orlando struggle and end up giving us a pick in the #7-13 range. We could always end up with a #23 pick and pick another Tayshaun Prince and I would be happy.

We are just too talented and the East is just that wide open that we can greatly improve on our record and challenge for a title this year. I truly believe that......

Tim

November 16th, 2006, 9:39 am
I'm extremely disappointed with Flip Saunders. He has no control over this team and we're playing as if we are an "And One" squad. I swear when I watch I'm waiting for "hot sauce" to come off of the bench. We are playing carelessly without regard to possession of the ball and ball control. We should have won the NO/K game for sure... We were down the entire 1/2, DOMINATED at times (times when LB would say we were "playing right"), and ultimately lost a late game lead - pathetic for a team of this pedigree...

As much as I hate to admit it, it looks like LB more so than the squad we had was the reason for our success. Despite his ill-favored departure, he was still a damn good coach. I would love to bring back Rip's comments that discounted LB's contribution to the team... the comments where Rip says that "we are good enough to coach ourselves" and that "he (LB) doesn't really do much anyway." I really think we would have won the championship the 2nd time if it wasn't for the team's rejection of LB's ways and the controversey that surrounded his departure.

We need a general to get us back on track, and IMO Flip isn't the guy to do it.

November 16th, 2006, 2:41 pm
RIP Killer

Post up dammit!

November 16th, 2006, 11:35 pm

I'm extremely disappointed with Flip Saunders. He has no control over this team and we're playing as if we are an "And One" squad. I swear when I watch I'm waiting for "hot sauce" to come off of the bench. We are playing carelessly without regard to possession of the ball and ball control. We should have won the NO/K game for sure... We were down the entire 1/2, DOMINATED at times (times when LB would say we were "playing right"), and ultimately lost a late game lead - pathetic for a team of this pedigree...

As much as I hate to admit it, it looks like LB more so than the squad we had was the reason for our success. Despite his ill-favored departure, he was still a damn good coach. I would love to bring back Rip's comments that discounted LB's contribution to the team... the comments where Rip says that "we are good enough to coach ourselves" and that "he (LB) doesn't really do much anyway." I really think we would have won the championship the 2nd time if it wasn't for the team's rejection of LB's ways and the controversey that surrounded his departure.

We need a general to get us back on track, and IMO Flip isn't the guy to do it.

I agree. I'm starting up the Larry Brown bandwagon. I don't care about his wanderlust.

November 17th, 2006, 2:00 pm
Profile WWW
National Champion

is it just me or is Joe Dumars catching up to matt Millen in the poor decession process? After early success Dumars has struggled. Look at his drafts, mateen cleves, Rodney White, Tayshun prince, Darko millick, Jason Maxiel. I dont even know who they drafted this past offseason. a 21 year old 7 foot serbian center would have looked good right now with ben wallace gone. besides wallace he also let Memo okur go and traded corrlis williamson for derrick coleman who was cut by the way and a good chance injured when we got him.

The pistons have gone through 3 head coachs in 4+ seasons. We had an up and commer in Rick carslile, we dumped him for the 2 year reign of larry brown and now we have FLip. Flip was so bad in Minny kevin Garnett lead a mutiny and kevin mchale fired him.

The pistons no longer play defense and can not score. i thought when we lost ben we would be ok because we would score more. this is not the case. we went from the best team in the league record wise last year to struggling around the .500 mark this year and we only lost one player. I think Flip will not make it through the season . I think Joe will Hire his buddy and former teammate bill laimbeer as the next coach, to instill a toughness and add discipline. lambieer all though has never been an NBA coach has won two WNBA championships with the Detroit shock. His kids are older now and i believe he wants the pistons job badly.

November 17th, 2006, 10:09 pm
Hall of Fame Player

is it just me or is Joe Dumars catching up to matt Millen in the poor decession process? After early success Dumars has struggled. Look at his drafts, mateen cleves, Rodney White, Tayshun prince, Darko millick, Jason Maxiel. I dont even know who they drafted this past offseason. a 21 year old 7 foot serbian center would have looked good right now with ben wallace gone. besides wallace he also let Memo okur go and traded corrlis williamson for derrick coleman who was cut by the way and a good chance injured when we got him.

The pistons have gone through 3 head coachs in 4+ seasons. We had an up and commer in Rick carslile, we dumped him for the 2 year reign of larry brown and now we have FLip. Flip was so bad in Minny kevin Garnett lead a mutiny and kevin mchale fired him.

The pistons no longer play defense and can not score. i thought when we lost ben we would be ok because we would score more. this is not the case. we went from the best team in the league record wise last year to struggling around the .500 mark this year and we only lost one player. I think Flip will not make it through the season . I think Joe will Hire his buddy and former teammate bill laimbeer as the next coach, to instill a toughness and add discipline. lambieer all though has never been an NBA coach has won two WNBA championships with the Detroit shock. His kids are older now and i believe he wants the pistons job badly.

Bill Lambieer would be a great choice for Pistons coach.

As for Joe's drafting: The NBA draft is far more of a crapshoot than the NFL draft. The reason for this is because the difference between college and Pro basketball is greater than the difference between the two in football. 3 point range just being 1 of those differences.

November 17th, 2006, 10:36 pm
Junior Varsity

I agree. All good points, but I don't want that to happen. I want the Pistons to make the playoffs. I want them to contend for a championship. I would rather Orlando struggle and end up giving us a pick in the #7-13 range. We could always end up with a #23 pick and pick another Tayshaun Prince and I would be happy.

We are just too talented and the East is just that wide open that we can greatly improve on our record and challenge for a title this year. I truly believe that......

:idea: :idea: :idea: You're not alone in that belief! I laughed at the haters that declared Detroit would crash and burn when Big Ben left, because the Bullsh*t aren't dominating anyone with Wallace. I always want my teams to rise to the top and win it all. Settling for second best or a nice draft pick is unacceptible. All or NOTHING, baby!

To Hell with low expectations! Go, PISTONS!!!

Eldridge Cleaver

Go get 'em, TIGERS!!! :)

November 18th, 2006, 7:08 pm
Profile YIM
Rookie Player of the Year

15-8 is their record now. I believe that makes them #1 in the East. In Detroit, you can't just have a good team. For some reason, expectations are beyond ridiculous. Lose a few games and you're all ready to fire Flip Saunders.

"Today, a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration – that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There's no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we're the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the weather." -Bill Hicks

December 18th, 2006, 9:56 pm
Profile WWW
Hall of Fame Player

Hmmm...
15-8 is their record now. I believe that makes them #1 in the East. In Detroit, you can't just have a good team. For some reason, expectations are beyond ridiculous. Lose a few games and you're all ready to fire Flip Saunders.

You have to admit that the Pistons looked like doo doo to start the season. And I didn't say that I wanted them to lose. I said, " It might not be a bad thing if they do lose."

December 18th, 2006, 11:34 pm
Rookie Player of the Year

mineral723 wrote:
Hmmm...

You have to admit that the Pistons looked like doo doo to start the season. And I didn't say that I wanted them to lose. I said, " It might not be a bad thing if they do lose."

I'm just referring to everyone who said, "Flip isn't the guy." That's the problem; that most people here can't be satisfied. I'm glad Joe Dumars doesn't listen to fans or we'd be going through coaches like Jennifer Lopez goes through men.

"Today, a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration – that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There's no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we're the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the weather." -Bill Hicks

December 19th, 2006, 2:22 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Hey...I still pisst they let Rick Carlisle go...

December 19th, 2006, 10:29 am
Profile WWW

BillySims wrote:
mineral723 wrote:
Hmmm...

I'm just referring to everyone who said, "Flip isn't the guy." That's the problem; that most people here can't be satisfied. I'm glad Joe Dumars doesn't listen to fans or we'd be going through coaches like Jennifer Lopez goes through men.

If they listened to me, Larry Brown would be coach still.

December 19th, 2006, 1:20 pm
Profile WWW
Red Shirt Freshman

Hey...I still pisst they let Rick Carlisle go...

I'm not, he has done nothing in Indiana. Some things were out of his control (brawl) and some haven't been. I'm just not impressed with them.

The Pistons were a lot more consistant when he was here then the Pacers are now.

I'm not saying he's a bad coach, just not a great one.

"Whereas it is the duty of all nations to acknowledge the providence of Almighty God, to obey His will, to be grateful for His benefits, and humbly to implore His protection and favor..." -George Washington

December 19th, 2006, 1:23 pm
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next