View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 22nd, 2014, 11:49 pm

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 Rose Bowl 
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

Post Rose Bowl
Who is gonna win? Michigan or USC?

My take is that Michigan will shut down the Trojan's running game and make them one dimensional. If the UM defense can get to Booty, they'll win handily. If they can't, it's gonna be a long day for the Maize and Blue.

January 1st, 2007, 5:27 pm
RIP Killer

So far, Booty is rolling out a lot and avoiding the pass rush. However, the pass rush has been very weak. Lamarr Woodley has used a lot of good moves, but is failing to get much pressure at all against a merely average LT.

So far, David Harris has been the most impressive on D for the Wolverines.

January 1st, 2007, 6:26 pm
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

I forgot to add that Chad Henne is a useless POS! If UM loses, it's probably because of his inability to avoid a pass rush and/or making poor decisions yet again. For the life of me, I don't understand why people love him so much.

January 1st, 2007, 7:16 pm
RIP Killer

And the UM homers spout about how we should take him and Mike Hart with our first two picks in 2008. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

BTW - Jake Long looks like he's got a LONG way to go to even be a first round OT IMO, much less a top 15 pick like many are projecting. Why do I see Jeff Backus Part II? Good thing he's staying for his senior year, because he definately needs it.

January 1st, 2007, 8:12 pm
RIP Killer

Shawn Crable has played the worst game of his life outside of that first quarter. Why is he so often on much faster WRs?

Barringer has been OWNED today.

January 1st, 2007, 9:13 pm
Wow, the secondary is TRASH.

Shawn Crable has played the worst game of his life outside of that first quarter. Why is he so often on much faster WRs?

Barringer has been OWNED today.

Morgan Trent, IMO, is the worst starter on that team... He gets burned constantly... Barringer played horrible too...

Harris and Hall looked impressive IMO... I couldn't believe Hall caught that guy from behind.. It wasn't even his man, he ran all the way across the field, and he was 5 yards behind him when he caught the ball.. I thought it was a TD for sure...

I don't know what they were thinking sticking with the run that much... IMO the game would have been much closer if we had just stopped doing what wasn't working (running the ball) and went to a quick slant, short drop, or TE/RB style of passing game... They really need to work on opening up the playbook or changing their game plan when it clearly isn't working...

January 1st, 2007, 9:47 pm
Modmin Dude

Does anyone know if there is a rule against 2 players on the same team having the same number??? USC had 2 #10s on their team........

Last edited by TheRealWags on January 1st, 2007, 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

January 1st, 2007, 9:55 pm
RIP Killer

Well... I really wanted Michigan to win this game. The Big Ten is really stinking it up again this year in bowl games.

Maybe this will put to rest the whole Michigan getting jipped thing. If Michigan won convincingly it would be a different story.

January 1st, 2007, 10:26 pm
Site Admin

Michigan flamed out. It makes me sad. But...my only issue is that whomever we play it's basically their home field...USC at Pasadena Texas in the Alamo Bowl...bleh...

Doesn't matter...USC was the better team. One day...Lloyd Carr is gonna have to win a bowl game again. Otherwise he is gonna be out like John Cooper

Quote:
During his time in Columbus, he never won an outright Big Ten championship, but shared Big Ten titles in 1993, 1996, and 1998. It is unlikely Cooper will be remembered for his many victories at Ohio State but for his 2-10-1 record against rival Michigan.

Gotta win bowl games and you have to be better than 1-5 vs OSU.

January 1st, 2007, 10:36 pm
Profile WWW
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

Does anyone know if there is a rule against 2 players on the same team having the same number??? USC had 2 #10s on their team........

Not to my knowledge. I remember seeing this a couple of times last year with different teams. I think part of the reasoning is that college roster are so large and with certain numbers being retired by the schools, they have no choice but to double up sometimes.

January 2nd, 2007, 10:21 am
Pro Bowl Player

If they're going to have a championship thing, they need to have either a playoff system or at the very least synchronized schedules. Michigan hadn't played since November 18th, which screwed us out of #2 (out of sight, out of mind) and meant that we were cold coming into the game. USC's last game was December 2nd--also not great, but still two weeks after Michigan.

Here in Chicago everybody's worried that the Bears will lose momentum after a few nonsense games and the week off. So how do you think a month-and-a-half off affects college players, many of whom are seniors and already looking ahead to the NFL?

January 4th, 2007, 12:50 pm
Profile WWW
Hall of Fame Player

If they're going to have a championship thing, they need to have either a playoff system or at the very least synchronized schedules. Michigan hadn't played since November 18th, which screwed us out of #2 (out of sight, out of mind) and meant that we were cold coming into the game. USC's last game was December 2nd--also not great, but still two weeks after Michigan.

Here in Chicago everybody's worried that the Bears will lose momentum after a few nonsense games and the week off. So how do you think a month-and-a-half off affects college players, many of whom are seniors and already looking ahead to the NFL?

Very good point.

January 4th, 2007, 2:46 pm
RIP Killer

They need to ban games until students can finish their finals. It's school first not football. Yes, many are only looking to the NFL, but most college students are looking for a degree. The Big Ten does it right.

January 8th, 2007, 1:21 pm
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]