View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently August 29th, 2014, 4:03 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Eagles are going to be tough 
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

Post Eagles are going to be tough
I dont think we are going to sneak up on them. Two teams both 2-0 will be one of the better games on sunday.

The Philly D look good on Monday. They keep Moss from going vertical and making a big play. I also think there front 7 is a good bunch of LBs and DL. Our O line will have there work cut out for them.

But if the D can force Mcnabb to make bad throws and make him get out of the pocket and not get up field that will force him to make the bad throw. We have got to have turnovers.

Lions 27

Eagles 24 (I hope)

September 21st, 2004, 8:41 am
RIP Killer

VA - love the score and hope you are right.

No doubt the Eagles will be tough and a great test for our young Lions. One thing to keep in mind is that Detroit is always a good home team. As bad as the team was last year, they still beat the Packers at Ford Field and with nothing to play for knocked off the NFC leading Rams in the final game of the season when the Rams where playing for home field throughout the playoffs.

The Eagles won't take the Lions lightly but will be working on a short week after a big win on MNF (I'm glad they won for a number of reasons and the obviously one being that the Lions sit alone atop the NFC North!) :shock:

The Lions are building confidence and this would be a huge boost. With a win they would also go into the bye week 3-0 and have two weeks to get healthy and game plan. OMG - I just mentioned the Lions in the same sentence as "3-0" - my how things have changed...

Hey I'm just like Teddy, a Butkus award winner!

PS - Hey McNabb, you better be on the lookout for the NFL sack leader - James Hall (with 3.5)!

GO LIONS!

September 21st, 2004, 9:14 am
Profile WWW

I know it is week 2 but it feels good to be on top of the black and blue division.

Does anyone know the last time we where first in the divison

September 21st, 2004, 9:33 am
RIP Killer

I haven't checked that yet, I was looking into the last time the Lions started 3-0 - you've got to go all the way back to 1980 - WOW! :twisted:

September 21st, 2004, 9:36 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Just don't get embarressed is alls I ask of them.

September 21st, 2004, 11:26 am
Profile WWW

September 21st, 2004, 11:30 am
QB Coach

The crowd is going to be pumped for this game, as it is our first real test. They need to play a big part. We need to establish the running game, and win the turnover battle. Those are the keys to the game, and if we can do that, I think we have a chance at home. I wouldn't worry too much about Owens, Mariucci shut him down last year if I remember correctly and our defense plays well against #1 WRs (Moss, others). I'm worried about the O-line stopping Kearse and others from getting to Joey, but that isn't the biggest concern.

September 21st, 2004, 11:27 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Don't worry bout Joey "Unsakable" Harrington :wink: ...

Worry about the linebackers keeping McNabb from gaining 1000yrds :shock: or Westbrook for that matter...

September 22nd, 2004, 10:03 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]