View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 21st, 2014, 9:39 am

Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Chris Webber a Free Agent, Wants to come home to Detroit 
League MVP

no chauncey no chance, the webber stuff is nice and im happy to have him but what is wrong with mcdyess and lets not ignore the fact that we desperately need a backup pg. why the need for a sg/sf like bonzi wells or mo pete? seems like flip murray can backup at sg, maybe delfino on his way out too? will blalock/murray at the point is just terrible, they cant even make entry passes let alone run the offense. everyone is screwed by it bc these guys hold the ball too long and whoever has it as the clock winds down takes a contested shot. i dunno what the shooting percentage without billups has been but id predict its been very low. we shouldve been all over earl boykins who went to milwaukee for almost nothing. id have given mcdyess for him esp if i knew i was getting webber to sign...

January 13th, 2007, 11:33 pm
Stadium Announcer

Quote:
The Pistons confirmed Monday morning that former Michigan star Chris Webber had decided to end his season with his hometown team.

Webber will sign with the Pistons when he clears waivers Tuesday, a Pistons source told the Free Press.

Terms of the deal were not announced, but Webber can only receive a prorated portion of the veteran's minimum of $1.2 million -- about $450,000.

Webber was expected to attend Monday afternoon's game with the Minnesota Timberwolvers at the Palace. Tip-off is 3:30 p.m.

The Philadelphia 76ers bought out Webber's contract last Thursday, making him an unrestricted free agent. He talked with title contenders Dallas, Miami and the Los Angeles Lakers before deciding on the Pistons.

The Associated Press reported that Webber was flying home today to spend the Martin Luther King Jr. holiday with his family. He could play his first game for Detroit when they face Utah on Wednesday.

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070115/SPORTS03/70115028/1051

Rumor as has it that we are trying to move Nazr Mohammad (the prime candidate) for Marco Jaric of the Minnesota Timberwolves. McDyess and Davis have also been mentioned in the deal.

January 15th, 2007, 2:27 pm
RIP Killer

Jaric is okay - good backup for Billups. Though, I would worry about his ability to get Rip the ball. Other than that, I think he'd be a lot better than Murray in place of CB. Jaric would be a great add to give Rip some breather time as well. We don't really have anyone to give Rip a breather and Delfino, IMO, is better subbing for Tay.

What I do like about Jaric is that he's a tough defender. Billups forgets what defense means half the time. Jaric is pretty consistent and can take it to the hoop. I like the trade if it were to happen. Unfortunately, Jaric has zero big play ability...he's the anti-"Mr Big Shot."

I don't know if I'd trade McD though. He's in a slump, but it'll hurt like hell if we don't have him come playoff time and he's outperforming both Sheed and Nazr combined.

Sheed is crap and only plays well once every three games or so. Nazr is a backup, nothing better IMO. Davis is good, but he gets gassed too easily. It'd be a tough call as for who to trade. I would personally rather see Sheed gone than McD.

January 15th, 2007, 3:18 pm
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

Between Jaric, Wells, and Petersen......Jaric would probably be the best option because he can backup Billups....although I would really like the option of being able to have Bonzi coming off the bench as instant offense and a low post threat....and Petersen is a consumate professional and good defender.....

With all things considered, Joe would need to look at who the best trade partner would be....I do NOT want to give up any draft picks for any of these guys....

Tim

January 16th, 2007, 10:47 am
Site Admin

Well it's nice to have Webber...hopefully he comes in energized and gives the Pistons what we need...a big time boost. I don't think it was as big a move as when we got Sheed but I think we also need less in the watered down and battered Eastern conference than we did back then. Even if all he does is gives us 10 and 10 that will help big time...but I expect a bit more of him. Joe Dumars had this drop into his lap though...if it pans out like I hope it will I don't know that Joe get's all the credit. Luck has been on his side a lot.

January 16th, 2007, 11:17 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

16 points in his first start. ZERO turnovers, 7 boards, and 4 assists.

Man, Mohammad isn't going to last here long. He's been on the bench for awhile now and didn't even play yesterday now that Webber is starting.

Sheed - AGAIN 1 for 6 from behind the arc. How many T's is he at now? 9? Dood's nothing more than a liability.

January 20th, 2007, 12:24 pm

Man, Mohammad isn't going to last here long. He's been on the bench for awhile now and didn't even play yesterday now that Webber is starting.

Sheed - AGAIN 1 for 6 from behind the arc. How many T's is he at now? 9? Dood's nothing more than a liability.

But he's unstoppable when he's on his game... That low post fade away is undefendable... He's just too long for anyone to be able to block it... Problem is, he gets off of his game. If he would stay down low, and stay focused, and ONLY shoot 3's when he's doubled down low and needs to spread the defense out a little bit, he'd be a HUGE asset. IMO that's what LB was good at... Keeping our guys "playing the right way"... Sheed needs direction. He is a liability right now, but shouldn't be. He has too much talent. We just need to get him to play his game.

January 20th, 2007, 12:33 pm
Hall of Fame Player

conversion02 wrote:

But he's unstoppable when he's on his game... That low post fade away is undefendable... He's just too long for anyone to be able to block it... Problem is, he gets off of his game. If he would stay down low, and stay focused, and ONLY shoot 3's when he's doubled down low and needs to spread the defense out a little bit, he'd be a HUGE asset. IMO that's what LB was good at... Keeping our guys "playing the right way"... Sheed needs direction. He is a liability right now, but shouldn't be. He has too much talent. We just need to get him to play his game.

Sheed is off his game right now because he is too busy arguing strategy with the coach,( about how best to utilize the talents of a great player such as himself). I suspected that when Ben left, (Sheeds cousin, and the man that I believe helped keep Sheed in check here), that Sheed would return to his previous form with every team he has ever played for. It is time for the Pistons to part ways with Sheed and deal him for the best package they can get for him before he becomes such a distraction that we can't get anything for him. The guy is a mental whack job despite how talented he is.

January 20th, 2007, 1:00 pm
Reply to topic   [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2