View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 1st, 2014, 12:07 am

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Darko proving haters wrong? 
Red Shirt Freshman

Post Darko proving haters wrong?
Quote:

Darko Milicic wrapped up the best week of his short career by scoring 21 points in Wednesday's win over the Blazers. Unfortunately, his week consisted of just one game due to the All-Star break.
He hit 6-of-10 shots and 9-of-9 free throws on the night, while also grabbing eight rebounds and blocking two shots. The 21 points mark a career high, and if he doesn't keep the starting job when Tony Battie returns from a thumb injury, there is going to be a revolt in fantasyland. Darko has averaged 18.5 points, 10 boards and three blocks in his last two games, so congratulations if he was in your lineup. Feb. 14 - 10:49 pm et

February 15th, 2007, 1:07 am
RIP Killer

Okur has done a nice job to, being named to his first All-Star game.

February 15th, 2007, 10:43 am
Profile WWW
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

Let's see.....Darko does this about once every 30 or so games...no surprise...he is still a bust....

Tim

February 15th, 2007, 11:58 am
Site Admin

To me...he is the one that got away...my favorite piston :cry:

February 15th, 2007, 4:00 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

February 15th, 2007, 7:19 pm
Site Admin

What? Memo was the man...for a big oafy looking dude who always looked like he rolled out of bed he was extremely atheletic and has ice in his veins. He rarely faltered taking last second shots and is still doing it in Utah. If he were still here we would be saying "Ben Who?".

February 16th, 2007, 9:41 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

I was just kidding Alpha...you always root for the underdogs.

I liked Memo and was disappointed to see him go...but not at the amount of money he got from the Jazz...and at the time, he wasn't worth it. Sure he had potential, but not when he was playing 20 minutes a game. It was LB's fault neither him or Darko got more chances (despite the fact that Darko looked awful far too often).

February 16th, 2007, 7:14 pm
Heisman Winner

He's soft and just like the majority of european players, cowers from physical play.

February 25th, 2007, 8:31 pm
Pablo wrote:

To me...he is the one that got away...my favorite piston :cry:

He's a consistent contributor off of the bench, and seems to be cracking the starting line-up... There's NO reason he couldn't have put up the SAME type of numbers here, IF he was given a chance... That's what bothers me. The guy never got a fair shake here in D' Town...

February 25th, 2007, 9:58 pm
League MVP

darko wasnt willing to work and wait for his chance here, he at that time did not understand the concept of team. he had chances to play and all we saw was a pouty teenager with terrible hair who was offended that he was even in games. compare with amir johnson who plays with such energy when he comes into late games and he gets even fewer opportunities than darko did. on a team with rasheed, webber, dice, and maxiell im still not sure darko wouldve gotten fought for minutes this year...so take the 1st rd pick that we get from the fast falling magic team and try again

February 26th, 2007, 4:46 am
darko wasnt willing to work and wait for his chance here, he at that time did not understand the concept of team. he had chances to play and all we saw was a pouty teenager with terrible hair who was offended that he was even in games. compare with amir johnson who plays with such energy when he comes into late games and he gets even fewer opportunities than darko did. on a team with rasheed, webber, dice, and maxiell im still not sure darko wouldve gotten fought for minutes this year...so take the 1st rd pick that we get from the fast falling magic team and try again

Bullshit... He was never given an opportunitty and it frustrated him. We paraded him around like some freak show that would come in the game with two minutes left of a blow out... He practiced hard, worked hard, and didn't get a shot... Orlando is STARTING him... how many games did he start here? How about NONE... His minutes in Orlando rose by 500%.... And WOW, now he's producing, go figure...

L. Brown and even Flip fail to get the most out of their younger players... Even as much as Maxiel plays I think our current squad could get more out of our young guys... Those two coaches cost us a starting power forward for the next 4 seasons...

February 26th, 2007, 2:43 pm
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

Darko is only starting right now because of an injury to another player. And him producing? Um, he had like 2 decent games against subpar competition, and then fell right back to earth. Now, I'm not going to argue the fact that LB ever gave him a chance, because LB has never given playing time to any young players at pretty much any place he has coached. The fact is, Darko is now 21 and is still pretty much as immature as he was at 17 when the Pistons drafted him. IMO, Darko has no one to blame but himself for his sour attitude. How many young guys would complain about getting a championship their 1st year in the league, regardless of their role?

And I do remember Darko getting plenty of minutes in the summer league and Flip making him a regular rotation guy at the beginning of his 3rd season, and he still played w/ no passion or showed the skill you would expect to see. So he got benched again and ultimately traded. Dumars screwed that pick up. Hopefully, he won't screw up the pick we got from Orlando for him......

Tim

February 26th, 2007, 5:37 pm
League MVP

[quote]Bullshit... He was never given an opportunitty and it frustrated him. We paraded him around like some freak show that would come in the game with two minutes left of a blow out... He practiced hard, worked hard, and didn't get a shot... Orlando is STARTING him... how many games did he start here? How about NONE... His minutes in Orlando rose by 500%.... And WOW, now he's producing, go figure...

L. Brown and even Flip fail to get the most out of their younger players... Even as much as Maxiel plays I think our current squad could get more out of our young guys... Those two coaches cost us a starting power forward for the next 4 seasons...[/quote]

dude, think about the situation for once. Darko was 17 on draft day, he went to a team that won the NBA championship that season. prior to coming to the NBA, Darko played in Europe and was a bench player there too. You make this freak show reference but darko played like a lazy piece in games he went in, brown even used him a couple times in the 2nd quarter of games and it was the same crap from darko. would you or anyone in detroit really have been happy if they threw darko into the starting frontcourt lineup ahead of ben wallace, rasheed wallace, tayshaun prince and completely bypassing the likes of corliss williamson, mehmet okur, and antonio mcdyess? all this in the midst of back to back championship appearances and what appeared to be on the brink of a 3rd? and flip did give him a shot early last season but darko was not impressive - this kid demanded playing time but didnt deserve it on a team full of studs. i cant believe anyone even you truly believes that they shouldve thrown playing time at this guy w the attitude he had.

February 27th, 2007, 10:55 am
Junior Varsity

Let's see.....Darko does this about once every 30 or so games...no surprise...he is still a bust....

Amen! A bust by any other name is still a BUST. He just happens to be a bust with a ring he didn't earn, like any other bench warmer.

Eldridge Cleaver

Go get 'em, TIGERS!!! :)

April 30th, 2007, 11:37 pm
Profile YIM
TADOne wrote:

Amen! A bust by any other name is still a BUST. He just happens to be a bust with a ring he didn't earn, like any other bench warmer.

His stats are at least as good as Mohamad's, if not better, and the kid is what?... 21 now? He still has a TON of upside... We mis-managed that kid, plain and simple...

Sure, Darko came to an NBA championship team that had a stocked bench. Still, the season is 82 games long, and everyone knows that they more or less take some planned losses during long game stretches and long road trips... No team loses a game intentionally, but to play your starters balls out for all 82 games is irresponsible and wrong... they'll burn out and rightfully so... That said, AT LEAST during those stretches Darko should have gotten an opportunitty to start and get some significant playing time... He never did... Why? Because that wasn't "Larry's way"...

Because of that Darko was miffed, and rightfully so... He was a lost cause by the time Flip got here, but Flip didn't do much to fix the situation... Now Darko is in Orlando and at the very least playing like a very capable bench player with a TON of upside...

May 1st, 2007, 12:28 am
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next