View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 16th, 2014, 12:17 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Wade out with a dislocated shoulder 
RIP Killer

Post Wade out with a dislocated shoulder
http://www.nba.com/heat/news/wade_070222.html

MIAMI, FL, Feb. 22 -- Miami HEAT guard Dwyane Wade suffered a dislocated left shoulder with 10:27 left in the fourth quarter of last night’s 112-102 loss at Houston. After the game he flew back to Miami on a private plane accompanied by HEAT Athletic Trainer Ron Culp and met with HEAT team physician Dr. Harlan Selesnick at Doctors Hospital where he underwent a battery of tests.

Given that the injury occurred less than 18 hours ago, Wade is presently weighing his treatment options provided to him by the HEAT medical staff. Wade still needs to discuss these options with his family and HEAT President and Head Coach Pat Riley and will then decide what course of action to take.

The HEAT will have no further comment until a decision has been made as to what action will be taken. Additionally, the team and the Wade family request that the public respect his privacy as he weighs his options and decides what path to take.

February 22nd, 2007, 9:13 pm
RIP Killer

I don't mean to be mean but...I was watching this game when the injury occured. It was one of those things that didn't look to bad, but I'm sure it was. I've had a shoulder injury, they are not fun and take a long time to get back to normal.

But D, you don't need a wheelchair when you hurt your shoulder and you don't need to cry like Dick Vermeil either.

:crybaby: 5baby.gif crybaby2.gif

February 23rd, 2007, 10:21 am
Profile WWW
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

Let's see, with Wade out, who in the East stands in our way to the finals? Washington? No defense....Chicago? No offense....Indiana? Too many strip clubs....Toronto? Too young.....

Unless Wade miraculously comes back w/ little time missed, we are golden......... :D

Tim

February 23rd, 2007, 11:26 am
Site Admin

The heat were looking bad anyways...Shaq is not the Shaq of even last year. At this point in the season...if we do not represent the East in the finals it will be a big dissappointment.

February 23rd, 2007, 11:29 am
Profile WWW
Div 1 - Starter

Chicago is now the team to be most concerned with. They have a team of solid players with a little playoff bitterness from last season to motivate them, plus Big Ben will definitely not have any trouble getting up for a series against DET. We can only be pleased that they didn't make a deal for a post scorer, Gasol or KG. I'm not saying the Bulls would win--they definitely have some issues on offense, but I think it would be a tough series. I am still not convinced that the Pistons can get the critical buckets when they need 'em either. A fade away from 'Sheed from 2 feet off the block might be unguardable, but it is also a weak shot, which is hard to make and removes one of our biggest men from the position for a rebound.

I still absolutely HATE when 'Sheed starts playing like a SF or something. As a baller, I see it as almost a cop out, because it is always easier to just take a shot or a fade away than to go inside.

My favorite day ever as a Lions fan.

Somehow landing the Ndamo-nator would be the second best day ever.

February 23rd, 2007, 12:08 pm
Div 1 - Starter

Oh yeah, it needs to be said: Hey Riles, karma's a b*tch, ain't it?

[best wishes to D-Wade, though, as he is one of the few players who bring it enough every night to give the NBA any credibility at all. I hate the preferential treatment from the refs too, but he earns some of it with effort and the eastern conference just lost it's best player.]

My favorite day ever as a Lions fan.

Somehow landing the Ndamo-nator would be the second best day ever.

February 23rd, 2007, 12:09 pm
Chicago is now the team to be most concerned with. They have a team of solid players with a little playoff bitterness from last season to motivate them, plus Big Ben will definitely not have any trouble getting up for a series against DET. We can only be pleased that they didn't make a deal for a post scorer, Gasol or KG. I'm not saying the Bulls would win--they definitely have some issues on offense, but I think it would be a tough series. I am still not convinced that the Pistons can get the critical buckets when they need 'em either. A fade away from 'Sheed from 2 feet off the block might be unguardable, but it is also a weak shot, which is hard to make and removes one of our biggest men from the position for a rebound.

I still absolutely HATE when 'Sheed starts playing like a SF or something. As a baller, I see it as almost a cop out, because it is always easier to just take a shot or a fade away than to go inside.

I think I would be more afraid of Cleaveland in the playoffs than Chicago...

February 23rd, 2007, 1:16 pm
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

I forgot about Cleveland when comparing the chances of other teams in the East, but beyond Lebron, Cleveland is no match for us either. Hughes is overpaid, Z is old, Gooden is too inconsistent, and their starting PG is.........who exactly? No worries.......

And Blueblood, you are right about Riles, Karma is a b@#ch......LOL :lol:

Tim

February 23rd, 2007, 4:24 pm
RIP Killer

I've had a shoulder injury I've been dealing with for years...they just don't go away.

Keep in mind...the Pistons struggle against average teams like Orlando, Chicago, Cleveland...how will they compete with Dallas or Phoenix?

My hopes aren't real high this season unless we can get back to that 2004 Larry Brown style defense.

We need guys like Dice and Delfino to get their head out of their ***es and start scoring. Are we even scoring more than 15 points off the bench? Even Tayshaun needs to get his head out from between his legs and start doing something...he's been terrible this season.

Sheed is crap and I hate him. They can't keep relying on Rip to do it all. They need guys to step up and play like we know they can (are you listening Tayshaun and Antonio???).

February 23rd, 2007, 10:05 pm
I forgot about Cleveland when comparing the chances of other teams in the East, but beyond Lebron, Cleveland is no match for us either. Hughes is overpaid, Z is old, Gooden is too inconsistent, and their starting PG is.........who exactly? No worries.......

And Blueblood, you are right about Riles, Karma is a b@#ch......LOL :lol:

I don't know about that... llgauskas is no joke down low (even if he is a bit old) and Varejao is an "X" factor type of player that the Pistons ALWAYS seem to have problems with... Remember that redheaded D-Bag that was KILLING us in the playoffs a couple of years ago? Then Hory, and Gunobli... It's not Duncan, Wade, Shaq, ext. that seem to kill us... It's some "unsung hero" off of the bench...

Also Cleveland plays with a ton of heart and hussel... Gooden, Marshal, Snow and Damon Jones (with the whole "return/stick it to my old team") is nothing to take lightly IMO... I'm not saying I'm afraid of their team, but they scare me more than Chicago...

IMO Miami is still the top contender though... They've proven it time and time again... Until they fall off, I keep them at the top of the "contender" list... Cleveland is good, but they're still young and are succeptable to implode... Miami might lose a game, or even a series, but they're going to give you a helluva fight the whole way... Even without Wade, I don't see Miami imploding.

February 25th, 2007, 9:57 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]