View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 21st, 2014, 3:08 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Site awards 
Varsity 1st Team

Post Site awards
Another board I belonged to had a Hall of Fame for its members. To gain entry, you had to be a member of the site for 3 years, have 10,000 posts, and get a yes vote from 70% of the people who participate in a poll(including all members of the site). I think that is something that could supply more interest around here.

Also awards like admin. of the year or rookie of the year, stuff like that would be cool I think.

March 17th, 2007, 4:24 pm
Site Admin

But...not a bad idea :wink:

March 17th, 2007, 11:08 pm
Profile WWW
Rookie Player of the Year

Yeah, it's called a "spank" or special rank.

A good award would be that we get to choose our own spank after a certain amount of time and a certain number of posts, as long as what you choose is within the guidelines (i.e. no profanity or advertising). After 10,000 and a couple of years, you get to put in what you want. I don't think anyone meets that criteria at the moment, though.
At every other forum I post to, they graduate your spank like they do here, but after a certain time and # of posts, you can change it to whatever you want.

"Today, a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration – that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There's no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we're the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the weather." -Bill Hicks

March 19th, 2007, 2:19 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

If you're super special, you could ask and you may receive :lol:

March 19th, 2007, 8:10 am
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

Just look at me! I didn't even ask and Wags made me Lionbacker Capologist! Dreams can come true! :D

March 19th, 2007, 12:25 pm
Junior Varsity

8) Hmm, that could be opening a Pandora's box, Dear Lions Fans! The Bears board I surf has those trinkets, yet it's turned it into a post whoring contest. The quality of the posting is being dumbed down for the sake of racking up numbers and the site turning into a chaotic mess of self-promotion instead of the focus being about the Chicago Bears.

Don't do it!

Eldridge Cleaver

Go get 'em, TIGERS!!! :)

April 24th, 2007, 12:08 pm
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]