View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 31st, 2014, 9:48 am

Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Pollack, arrogant? 
RIP Killer

James is the only pure pass rusher IMO who would have an immediate impact. However, he has big durability issues and I don't know if I'd want to take that gamble on a #10 pick.

Merriman would have an immediate impact as well, but then again, I don't know. He's bigger and faster than James and doesn't have durability concerns, but didn't play as a true DE in college.

I am partial to Spears because he can play inside as well...but so can Redding, so do we really need a DE/DT? I would say no.

March 31st, 2005, 9:51 am
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Pure pass rusher kind of scares me. We do need a better pash rush, but not at too much expense of run defense. Can the guys we are talking about stuff the run too?

March 31st, 2005, 9:55 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Dan Cody and Matt Roth are both very solid against the run, but not excellent.

Tuck is decent against the run, but nothing impressive. He's raw and ttill improving though.

Merriman and James are pure pass rushers, not so great against the run but decent for as much penetration as they get behind the line.

March 31st, 2005, 10:01 am
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

There is an audio interview on Mlive with Jerry Jones of the Drugstore list. He is real high on Pollack and makes a pretty persuasive argument for him being the best DE prospect.

April 5th, 2005, 7:32 pm
Stats Boy

Location: Houston, TX DOB: 10/29/1984 HEIGHT: 6-04 SEX: M ORGAN DONOR: N
Pollack will likely go between 15 and 30, depending on how much weight GMs and coaches put on his arms being too short...In college, he played DT and was moved to DE becuase it better fit his skill set as a pass rusher and run stuffer...At the combine, his short shuttle time, which is more important than 40 time IMO, was quicker than all of the other DEs in attendance as well as all of the RBs, so he should be able to beat slower OTs due to his superior acceleration...

As far as the "arrogant" concern, I wouldn't place to much emphasis on that since the source is ProFootballTalk, who has been known to throw hundreds of stories against the wall only to see a few of them stick...

April 5th, 2005, 10:09 pm
RIP Killer

As far as the "arrogant" concern, I wouldn't place to much emphasis on that since the source is ProFootballTalk, who has been known to throw hundreds of stories against the wall only to see a few of them stick...

I've seen/heard that from a couple different sources. I just couldn't see Millen taking someone like that with "character issues."

April 5th, 2005, 10:27 pm

April 6th, 2005, 4:33 am
RIP Killer

Let me rephrase that. I couldn't see the Lions, as an organization, having someone like that on their team. The last thing we need is someone with the character issues of TO. From his actions at the combine, I could see that in him. But then again, that's just one incident, not the NFL.

April 6th, 2005, 8:10 am
Stats Boy

Location: Houston, TX DOB: 10/29/1984 HEIGHT: 6-04 SEX: M ORGAN DONOR: N
PYRO wrote:

I've seen/heard that from a couple different sources. I just couldn't see Millen taking someone like that with "character issues."

Pollack's Stock Still High

Quote:
In response to our Wednesday night story regarding the fact that Georgia linebacker/defensive end David Pollack pissed out many scouts at the Bulldogs' Pro Day workout on Tuesday, we heard from a key league source who attended the workout.

And the league source was candid in his assessment.

"[Y]our report on Pollack is absurd. True, he didn?t do anything in terms of running forties/jumps/shuttles. The reason was that, unlike most of the other premier players, he did everything at Indy. Not only that, but his times at Indy (6.88 3-cone, 3.90 short shuttle, 37" vertical, 4.75 forty) are absolutely terrific and put him at the top of his position, whether as a 'backer or end.

April 6th, 2005, 12:50 pm
RIP Killer

I'm not denying his talent, ability, or his stock. I'm just questioning his character and how it would evolve in Detroit, that's all.

April 6th, 2005, 1:02 pm

Russ Lande had a comment that mirrored my own thoughts. Pollack has Millen written all over him. I do not want to get into psychology, but if we do trade down to 15 or so. I am pretty sure Pollack would be our guy. He is exactly what our defense needs.

Also at 10, he mentioned Carlos Rogers. That makes sense to me. He is better than Rolle in my opinion and in a lot of scenarios he would be the BPA with no trade down option.

April 15th, 2005, 12:08 pm
Towel Boy

MAN HE ISNT BETTER JUSTIN TUCK , POLLACK IS SLOWER AND HAS LESS BURST ....

April 16th, 2005, 11:22 am

Do you have any statistics to back that up?

April 16th, 2005, 1:27 pm
RIP Killer

Pollack's short shuttle was beyond impressive, wasn't it?

April 16th, 2005, 2:38 pm

3.9 which was better than most defensive backs. Also Kirwan rated his explosion second overall in the 2005 draft class. That is a good measure of how effective he will be coming out of his stance and breaking to the quarterback. His squat trumps all defensive ends by a lot and most DTs.

April 16th, 2005, 2:56 pm
Reply to topic   [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2