View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 31st, 2014, 11:40 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 NBA Rumors. 
Veteran General Manager

Post NBA Rumors.
Quote:
Saunders back to Twolves?

Friday, Apr 6, 2007 1:23 pm EDT
Flip Saunders

Getty Images

The Minnesota Golden Gophers missed out on hiring coach Flip Saunders because of a timing issue with the NBA playoffs, but don't think the Detroit Pistons coach couldn't be enticed to return to the Minnesota Timberwolves if he were given dual responsibilities of coach and general manager.

Source: Pioneer Press

April 7th, 2007, 2:11 am
RIP Killer

Luckily for us, this team can pretty much coach themselves. Maybe we'll get a coach who will actually believe in defense ALL game...

April 7th, 2007, 2:39 am

IMO right now, the team IS coaching itself... Chauncy has to start watching the shot clock, and play REAL basketball for this team to be successful. I'm soooo sick and tired of our damn game manager (Chauncy) walking the ball up the court when we're up by 6-8 points with 2-3 minutes left in the game, not letting anyone set up down low to rebound, and shooting some garbage 3pnter with 18 seconds left on the shot clock... LB would have had his azz for that!!!

Sheed needs to be controlled too.. He also doesn't watch the clock and shoots nasty crap at in opportune times...

IMO Flip looks discheveled, lost, and as if he has no control over that team... I look forward to getting rid of him and getting a real coach in Detroit, even if we win the NBA title this year...

April 7th, 2007, 12:47 pm
Veteran General Manager

Webber may retire, or join Knicks

Wednesday, Apr 11, 2007 12:16 pm EDT

Detroit Pistons' forward Chris Webber told the New York Post Monday night he could see himself retiring if he wins his first NBA title with the Pistons this June. If he doesn't retire, Webber, 34, likely will give the New York Knicks another chance since he again becomes a free agent, according to a source close to C-Webb.

Asked about his summer free agency, Webber said, "I'm not really looking at this summer. Looking at seeing if I can win a championship right now."

Source: New York Post

April 11th, 2007, 4:41 pm
RIP Killer

Why wouldn't he want to stay in Detroit, be a starter on a GOOD team, and have a shot to win ANOTHER title?

Seems kind of stupid to me. Sure, the Stones aren't going to give him big coin, but neither will the Knicks, they can't afford it! Just because they have the highest payroll, doesn't mean you're going to get big coin, sorry Chris!!!

Also, Webber is playing damn well now that he's on a better team in a system that utilizes his talents much better...why would he want to go out while he still playing very good ball? Losing the love of the game? Want to go out on a high note? That can't be it if he's talking Knicks next season if he doesn't get a ring this year.

April 11th, 2007, 6:49 pm
Varsity 1st Team

In that newsclipping there is nothing that indicates that Webber actually wants to sign with the Knicks. His own quote says nothing whatsoever of what he will do. It sounds to me like the media in New York is trying to sway him into considering the Knicks, which IMO is bad journalism.

April 11th, 2007, 8:43 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

I'm not surprised.

Luckily for us, this team can pretty much coach themselves. Maybe we'll get a coach who will actually believe in defense ALL game...

Holla.

I would actually take Larry Brown back in a second, even with all the drama.

April 12th, 2007, 12:11 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

April 12th, 2007, 11:18 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]