View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 20th, 2014, 2:02 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Detroit Lions Open Practice 
QB Coach

Post Detroit Lions Open Practice
Just wondering if anyone went to the Open Practice at Ford Field this afternoon and what their opinions were...

August 8th, 2004, 1:57 pm
Profile WWW
Baton Girl

The open practice was, well, substandard. Hardly any scrimmaging took place and it seemed like more of a time for the fans to meet the players. It was still enjoyable though, no matter how hard the announcer guy blowed. I just can't wait for the season opener!

Peace.

August 9th, 2004, 3:25 pm
Baton Girl

i liked it. it was fun just being there as it was my first time ever at ford field. took forever to find a place to park and once we got there it was too late to get in line for an autograph but i thought it was cool

August 9th, 2004, 4:06 pm
RIP Killer

Football87 - any thoughts on how the individual players looked?

Kevin? Charles? Roy? Joy? Teddy?

August 9th, 2004, 5:04 pm
Profile WWW
Baton Girl

not a lot went on really so i couldnt really tell you who stood out. i dont remember if jones ran but if he did i dont think he did a lot. the running game is hard to judge because it was 2 hand tap so nobody broke any tackles. the offense was moving the ball pretty well against the defense in the scrimmages at the end though.

mike hit on 2 straight passes one to fitzsimmons and then to pinner i think it was to combine for 80 yards and a score.

August 9th, 2004, 5:37 pm
RIP Killer

Thanks for the update. Too bad the fans couldn't get a better look at the new players. The Lions are one of the only teams not to hold open practices - oh well.

BTW - love your South Park Avatar - I'm gonna have to find something else this evening now that you've set a new standard! lol...

August 9th, 2004, 5:40 pm
Profile WWW
Baton Girl

BTW - love your South Park Avatar - I'm gonna have to find something else this evening now that you've set a new standard! lol...

thanks. i was gonna go without an avatar for awhile but i just saw this one today and i couldnt pass it up. good luck finding a better one :wink:

August 9th, 2004, 5:43 pm
Football87 - any thoughts on how the individual players looked?

Kevin? Charles? Roy? Joy? Teddy?

What i gathered from this joke of a practice:

QB's:
Harrington, threw a mean spiral but missed a few passes.

McMahon, Looked very good, looked accurate, and scrambling ability was great, but he got picked once.

Mirer: very sub-par.

RB's:
Jones: caught the ball pretty well, and turned the corner pretty good.

Pinner: Not spectacular but caught the ball good.
(I was on the other side of the field and couldnt see alot of the running plays)
Sledge: N/A

Bryson: He looked alot faster and stronger then last year.

Paul Smith: picked up right where he left off at the end of the season. He looked good and caught a TD pass from, i think, McMike.

O-Line: wasnt close enough to thuroughly look at.

WR's:
Rogers: Like sly said started slow but picked it up later. He got jammed too often.

Williams: He stood out of everyone IMO. He never got jammed, ran superb routes, and caught balls while being blanketed, and got open often.

Kircus: Looked pretty good, its a shame he will probably be cut because of our depth at WR.

Hakim: looked ok.

Streets: made some catches nothing spectacular, but seemed solid.

Swinton and Drummond looked pretty good BTW.

TE's:
Alexander looked very good. He caught some good passes, and ran pretty well. I couldnt see him block though.

FitzSimmons: looked pretty good, made 1 really good catch.

Owens: N/A

Kickers/Punters:
Hanson: Looked good; missed a couple kicks, but came just about a yard short of nailing a 60 yarder.

Harris: He looked good. Had good range and hangtime on his kicks.

August 9th, 2004, 7:03 pm
RIP Killer

Thanks, that is a nice brief recap for everyone. We all wish we were there as well. You have me very excited to see Williams in action now. It will be interesting to see if Paul Smith gets some time in at FB this year. I hear he has been looking solid so far.

That's good stuff - you gotta register on the site and visit often. Thanks again for the insight.

August 9th, 2004, 8:15 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]