View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 20th, 2014, 2:23 pm

Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Red Wing Playoff Thread 
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

Wings win 4-1 to take a 3-2 series lead. The Datsyuk-Zetterberg-Holmstrom line was magic and that's all they needed. In addition, Lilja and Maltby were hitting machines today! That kinda took the Sharks by surprise and threw them off their game. Wings in 6!

May 5th, 2007, 4:34 pm
Varsity 1st Team

May 5th, 2007, 5:58 pm
Varsity 1st Team

May 12th, 2007, 2:03 am
NFL Team Captain

Red Wings 2, Ducks 1. Detroit leads series 1 to 0. Great game by Hasek!

May 12th, 2007, 9:54 am
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Red Wings 2, Ducks 1. Detroit leads series 1 to 0. Great game by Hasek!

Hasek was amazing, but I don't think he will be able to win it for us if the Wings don't get going offensively.

May 12th, 2007, 7:23 pm
Profile WWW
NFL Team Captain

When do the Wings play again? I wan't to see if the old guys can keep up the intensity. That is key to our trip to the finals.

May 13th, 2007, 1:56 pm
Varsity 1st Team

May 13th, 2007, 4:47 pm
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

Personally, I felt that the Wings were lucky in Game 1 against the Ducks. They were clearly out-played the entire game, but Hasek stood on his head and stole one for them. For them to have any chance in this series, they have to start moving their legs and skating better. They also have to do a better job of digging the puck out of the corner and getting it out of their own zone. Anaheim managed to control the puck for incredibly long periods of time in Game 1 and the Wings have to find a way to stop that.

May 13th, 2007, 6:30 pm
NFL Team Captain

Didyou folks catch that hit that Holmstrom took in the 5-ZIP Wings win? I knew he was going to get clobbered but that forearm to the back of the neck when he was already headed for the boards was alittle too much. It look tome like they were trying to take him out. I can't believe that there were no penalties given, high sticking at least. Does anybody know how Homer is? Will he be able to play? He has taken alot of punishment this series.

May 16th, 2007, 7:31 pm
Didyou folks catch that hit that Holmstrom took in the 5-ZIP Wings win? I knew he was going to get clobbered but that forearm to the back of the neck when he was already headed for the boards was alittle too much. It look tome like they were trying to take him out. I can't believe that there were no penalties given, high sticking at least. Does anybody know how Homer is? Will he be able to play? He has taken alot of punishment this series.

From what I understand Niedermayer got a game mis-conduct for the hit, and I know he got a one-game suspension today... Homer is fine though...

May 16th, 2007, 8:40 pm
NFL Team Captain

Thanks WJB. I could not find any info on the topic. My 80 year old mother even called me to fin out what happen to "those stupid guys" Gotta love it when the seniors even know that something is not right.

Glad to hear that Homer is alright. That was a viscious hit.

May 17th, 2007, 12:33 am
RIP Killer

Pronger got a 1 game suspension for his hit on Lindstrom

May 17th, 2007, 8:37 am
Modmin Dude

Pronger got a 1 game suspension for his hit on Lindstrom

:confused: I'm pretty sure Pronger got the 1 game suspension for his hit on Homer. I"ll have to check around to see if I can find the info.....

May 17th, 2007, 4:12 pm
Modmin Dude

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app/?service=pag ... eid=307484

NHL.com wrote:
Coming off a 5-0 loss in Game 3 that put the Red Wings up 2-1 in the best-of-seven also came with a guilty verdict in Chris Pronger’s hearing yesterday after his blindside check leveled Tomas Holmstrom Tuesday night. Pronger, at the tip of Anaheim’s spear throughout the playoffs, will sit out Game 4 for his blow to the head midway through the second period two nights ago.

Yup, it was for his hit on Homer, not Lidstrom. Niedermeyer incorrectly received the penalty during the game, it should've been Pronger.

May 17th, 2007, 4:15 pm
Modmin Dude

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app/?service=pag ... eid=307484

NHL.com wrote:
Coming off a 5-0 loss in Game 3 that put the Red Wings up 2-1 in the best-of-seven also came with a guilty verdict in Chris Pronger’s hearing yesterday after his blindside check leveled Tomas Holmstrom Tuesday night. Pronger, at the tip of Anaheim’s spear throughout the playoffs, will sit out Game 4 for his blow to the head midway through the second period two nights ago.

NHL.com wrote:
Holmstrom, who has been a target all series, was crunched midway through Game 3 by Pronger and Rob Niedermayer along the sideboards. Though Niedermayer was charged with a five-minute boarding major and a game misconduct, Pronger wasn’t penalized on the play. Further review showed Pronger was more to blame for the devastating blow that earned Holmstrom, who scored two goals in the game, 13 stitches to his face.

Yup, it was for his hit on Homer, not Lidstrom. Niedermeyer incorrectly received the penalty during the game, it should've been Pronger.

May 17th, 2007, 4:17 pm
Reply to topic   [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next