View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 24th, 2014, 3:13 am

Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Round 2: Pistons vs. Bulls 
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Oh yeah, I am more then a little pissed. This series should of been over last night.. what the hell is going on with this team?

They better come out and play like they did in the 1st 3 games of this series Thursday night.

NEVER GIVE UP!

May 16th, 2007, 10:52 am

1) gotta give Skiles some credit... He did a great job at creating mis-matches for Chicago last night, and he did a great job at staying away from mis-matches that Flip was trying to create...

2) We got jobbed in the first three quarters, and jobbed HARD CORE in the 3rd... That no call on the close goal-tending was CLEARLY goal tending... They showed it on the jumbo-tron a couple of times... It was obvious. For some reason the refs were allowing Chicago to play physical, but not allowing us to.

I know the score doesn't really suggest it, but we were still in this game for sure in the 3rd quarter... We would take mild runs, and the refs would screw us... It didn't help that after we'd get 5-8 back Gordon or Heinrich would throw down a 3, but IMO, even worse than that, it didn't help that every time we got on a roll the refs would call something... There was a time and place (right around that no-call goal-tending) where we were on a roll, had ALL the momentum, and Chicago couldn't do a damn thing about it... Three bad calls in a row were the only thing that took us out of it...

That said... I predicted Pistons in 6 earlier in this thread and I'm sticking to it... I figured they'd win one at home and steal one game here... Flip needs to STAY THE HELL AWAY FROM BEN WALLACE... We were taking it right to him and making him look like a frickin' all-star (which he is, but we don't need to help the situation)... Chris Webber finally came out of his shell and played damn good... Sheed looks skinny for some reason... Almost un-healthy... That worries me a lot... And... We need to start playing some perimeter D... No more uncontested 3's...

Oh... and... as for pics... I forgot my camera, but my tickets were ONE ROW from the floor... Kind of behind a basket, which sucked a little bit... But I sat RIGHT by all of the Pistons dance team (all those hot chicks that dance at 1/2 time)... Like literally... They were sitting right by me... I have pics from my camera phone... If I can figure out how to get them off of there and on to my comp. I'll post them... Section 120, row AAA... If you ever get a chance, sit there and drool!... Awesome time!...

May 16th, 2007, 3:12 pm
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

Wow wjb! Sounds like a great time! I cant lie, i'm jealous. I hope you get those pics up.

As for the game : I'm not going to lie, I watched a little less than half the game, so I can't confirm or contradict what wjb was stating. In the little action I did watch, I did see some bad calls against us. But I also saw a lack of hustle on the defensive end. I know Chicago was hot regardless, but I rarely saw a Piston defender try to hustle out and contest some of those wide open shots that Hinrich and Gordon were getting. I also a lack of hustle for rebounds, tipped balls, and loose balls. We played like we expected them to lay down and give it to us.

Our trademarks are team play, unselfishness, hustle, and all out effort on defense. I didn't see these things last night and it showed in the final score.

One other thing, we need to really figure out a way to combat the traps and screens and switchoffs they are throwing at Billups and making us get into our sets late. If we cannot figure that out, I see the game coming back to Motown for game 7.

Tim

May 16th, 2007, 4:37 pm
Wow wjb! Sounds like a great time! I cant lie, i'm jealous. I hope you get those pics up.

As for the game : I'm not going to lie, I watched a little less than half the game, so I can't confirm or contradict what wjb was stating. In the little action I did watch, I did see some bad calls against us. But I also saw a lack of hustle on the defensive end. I know Chicago was hot regardless, but I rarely saw a Piston defender try to hustle out and contest some of those wide open shots that Hinrich and Gordon were getting. I also a lack of hustle for rebounds, tipped balls, and loose balls. We played like we expected them to lay down and give it to us.

Our trademarks are team play, unselfishness, hustle, and all out effort on defense. I didn't see these things last night and it showed in the final score.

One other thing, we need to really figure out a way to combat the traps and screens and switchoffs they are throwing at Billups and making us get into our sets late. If we cannot figure that out, I see the game coming back to Motown for game 7.

With all of the "scenery"... I saw a little less than 1/2 the game too! :D

I'm just kidding... I do agree that we got out hustled... I told Sheed to "get angry" LoL... Then I promptly told him to "calm down big fella... let it go" after he almost got T'd up... But he looked like he was giving up and I told him "they ain't gonna give you anything... If you want the win you have to take it..." He and Ben were the only players I talked to/heckeled... Sheed actually pays attention... Tayshaun will smile if you say something funny... Chauncy gets into the crowd a little bit, but for the most part he and all of the other guys ignore them and what they're saying (as they should...)...

May 16th, 2007, 5:36 pm
RIP Killer

2) We got jobbed in the first three quarters, and jobbed HARD CORE in the 3rd... That no call on the close goal-tending was CLEARLY goal tending... They showed it on the jumbo-tron a couple of times... It was obvious. For some reason the refs were allowing Chicago to play physical, but not allowing us to.

It's been like that all series! We get called for so many ticky tack fouls, but Big Ben is rarely called for anything. Seems like Heinrich can do no wrong. When Thomas is down low and bumping and reaching in like crazy, never a call.

wjb21ndtown wrote:
making him look like a frickin' all-star (which he is, but we don't need to help the situation)...

Meh, Big Ben was average this season, and Webber played him damn well. His performance last night was a $60M laugh in the face of the Bulls organization. That's why you don't pay a player like Wallace $60M...he's not worth it. Is he great at what he does? Yes, but you can't ever be a real star and worth that kind of coin if you're only good at half the game.

May 16th, 2007, 9:30 pm
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

Bottom line : the Pistons need to get back to playing Pistons defense. That means scrapping, clawing, trapping, and all out hustle. An interesting fact I just saw was that this was the first time in the playoffs since 1991 that the Pistons have given up 100 points in back to back games. Thats unacceptable! I can live w/ the fact our offense may bog down and go thru cold stretches, but if our defense and effort are there, we are in every game.

Hopefully our boys understand this tonight. I'll definitely be watching....

Tim

May 17th, 2007, 9:30 am
NFL Team Captain

Mission complete TAD. Pistons win series 4-2. :idea: :idea: :idea:

Who is up next? What kind of series can we look forward too.

5 years in a row to the Conf. Finals!!!!

Way to go Stones.

May 18th, 2007, 12:39 pm
wjb21ndtown wrote:

It's been like that all series! We get called for so many ticky tack fouls, but Big Ben is rarely called for anything. Seems like Heinrich can do no wrong. When Thomas is down low and bumping and reaching in like crazy, never a call.

wjb21ndtown wrote:
making him look like a frickin' all-star (which he is, but we don't need to help the situation)...

Meh, Big Ben was average this season, and Webber played him damn well. His performance last night was a $60M laugh in the face of the Bulls organization. That's why you don't pay a player like Wallace $60M...he's not worth it. Is he great at what he does? Yes, but you can't ever be a real star and worth that kind of coin if you're only good at half the game.

Conversion... I was at game 5 and I can tell you that Ben earned every bit of his paycheck that game... I definitely don't think his performance was a "$60 M laugh in the face of the Bulls organization"... Not in game 5 anyhow... Game 6 was a different story... I don't know how much of the camera caght it, but we couldn't do ANYTHING within 10 feet of the basket with Big Ben down there... And, we kept trying... It was dumb...

I would agree that Ben stunk it up in game 6, but even if it was just 1/2 the court, he dominated it and was a HUGE part of winning that game...

May 18th, 2007, 11:29 pm
Reply to topic   [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3