View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 18th, 2014, 1:53 am

Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Red Wing Playoff Thread 
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

I don't know what everyone else thinks, but I believe Pronger deliberately attempted to injure Holmstrom. I had no problem with Niedermayer's hit on the play since it looked clean. Pronger, on the other hand, hit Homer on the back of the head and drove him face first into the glass. He tried to say that he was just finishing his check. To that, I say, "Yea, right!"

After seeing the replays Tuesday night, I knew that Pronger would get suspended. The question was for how long? Since Holmstrom returned to the game in the 3rd period, one game is probably sufficient. However, if Babcock was smart, he should have held Holmstrom out with a 4-0 lead and say afterwards that he was day to day. In that instance, Pronger may have gotten a 3-5 game suspension.

Oh well. Now, the Wings have to go out and take game 4 tonight when the Ducks are missing one of their best players.

May 17th, 2007, 6:01 pm
Varsity 1st Team

No doubt he meant to injure. I think Pronger is the most hated hockey opponent of Wings fans since Lemieux. He's not on Lemieux's level of course, and probably no one ever will be, but I would not be surprised to see him have to drop the gloves (maybe with Lilja?) when his suspension is up.

May 17th, 2007, 6:05 pm
conversion02 wrote:
Pronger got a 1 game suspension for his hit on Lindstrom

:confused: I'm pretty sure Pronger got the 1 game suspension for his hit on Homer. I"ll have to check around to see if I can find the info.....

LoL.. I had the wrong "hit-or" Conversion had the wrong "hit-ee"...

I was watching it at the bar, and they made it sound like Neidermayer was the one that acted in the wrong... IMO BOTH of those guys are dirty as hell... I really wish it was Neidermayer and not Pronger that was suspended... I think we would have won our last game if it were... Neidermayer has been playing out of his mind against us... I never really knew he was a hitter... I knew of him when he came into the league, and of his time on the Olympic teams, but I always thought he was just a clean, good defensemen.... Watching him in this series makes me think he's a thug that gets a way with WAY too much...

I don't know what I feel about whether or not they meant to "hurt" Homer.. I mean, their elbows were up so they weren't trying to tickel him, but I don't know that I would say that they were trying to put him out of the playoffs, or even that game. Maybe they were? Who knows?... That said, it was a dirty hit and deserved more... I wish Homer would have played that out more... If he wouldn't have came back and played I think the penalty would have been much, much worse....

May 18th, 2007, 11:25 pm

What I found strange is that Game 4 was the first time in the series that the Red Wings completely outplayed the Ducks, yet they still lost. They just made too many mistakes (i.e. turnovers, being caught out of position) at the wrong time and the Ducks capitalized on them. Now, one could argue that the Wings outplayed them in the Game 3 5-0 victory, but they really didn't. They just got outstanding goaltending by Hasek, while the Duck goalies struggled. That's the way it goes in the game of hockey.

May 19th, 2007, 12:03 pm

I'm pissed off now. The Wings clearly played their best game of the series, yet still lost 2-1 in OT. They dominated from start to finish, but couldn't get the puck in the net. Perhaps they have to play stupid like they did for the first three games to get another win.

May 20th, 2007, 6:33 pm
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

I am so f'in pissed!!! they clearly out shot the Ducks, yet gave up the OT shot.. so close doesn't cut it... it is going to be very difficult now to win the last 2..

Go Wings

May 20th, 2007, 6:47 pm
Varsity 1st Team

I was so up on Lilja up to this point , so that turnover in OT to Selanne was crushing to me. Oh well, what can you do. Must win in Anaheim

May 20th, 2007, 7:29 pm

What worries me is that the only two games that the Wings outplayed the Ducks, they lost. This sucks big time!

May 20th, 2007, 10:31 pm
I'm pissed off now. The Wings clearly played their best game of the series, yet still lost 2-1 in OT. They dominated from start to finish, but couldn't get the puck in the net. Perhaps they have to play stupid like they did for the first three games to get another win.

I disagree... They dominated start to two minutes remaining... We went into "play not to lose mode" and lost, again... I can't stand when they do that...

There were a number of HUGE points where the Ducks were incredibly lucky... The empty net puck that hit the goal post was a major one... Not scoring on 5 - 3 was another... Homer shooting across the net instead of on-net... And finally, that turn-over... That sucked so bad I had to turn the game off... I couldn't stand to listen to the post-game, I was sick to my stomach...

Oh well... Hopefully we can take one back there, and make a series of it back here for a game 7 (LoL... especially because I should get the tickets if it goes 7 :D)...

May 20th, 2007, 11:14 pm
Reply to topic   [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4