View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 28th, 2014, 4:42 am

Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Pistons-Cavs Series 
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

Post Pistons-Cavs Series
Surprised no one has posted this yet since the series started last night. Since Detroit is up 1-0, I'll give a few thoughts on game 1 and then my prediction for the series.

Game one was an ugly game. I'm glad to get the win, but we need to work on a few things. Our rebounding was awful. We can't afford to give the Cavs that many 2nd chance points. Billups was off his game, but was clutch in the closing minutes. Not too worried about him. Princes shot was way off, but he had 9 assists to offset that. McDyess was off his game completely. My biggest complaint was the Pistons just going thru the motions and not playing w/ intensity. If it wasn't for Sheed and Rip, the Cavs would have wrestled home court from us.

My prediction for the series is the Pistons will win in 6. James will not be as passive as he was in game 1, but I just don't see the Lebron's supporting cast helping him out for more than 2 wins in this series. We are too deep.

Thoughts?

Tim

May 22nd, 2007, 9:35 am
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Yeah it was an ugly game but still glad we came away with the win. Game 2 we should definitley see more of Lebron trying to put his team on his shoulders and try and carry them to victory.

All in all should be a good series.

Pistons in 6.

NEVER GIVE UP!

May 22nd, 2007, 11:03 am
RIP Killer

All I can say is Detrit better be up in the series before I go ot my future in-laws house this weekend... or I'll never hear the end of it...

May 22nd, 2007, 11:12 am
Site Admin

Props to Sheed, Rip, and Maxiel...well and Taytay because he covered James pretty well.

BUT...Sheed did the same thing he did in the finals vs San Antonio by leaving the 3 pointer alone on the edge...it was a nightmaric flashback for me... :shock:

Also, we cannot let JulioIglesiugkus get off the way he did...all sorts of open looks.

Chauncy just looked out of it and was making all sorts of errors handling the ball even when unpressured. I am assuming he will be much better next game.

I like the way the game was called...not a lot of calls at all and the game was pretty darn clean.

I liked the way Rip tried several times to take it to the rack as well through people...I have always said we need to have him and Chauncey do that with more regularity just to create the threat of it.

May 22nd, 2007, 11:25 am
Profile WWW
Varsity 1st Team

I came away from watching this game thinking "Well, there was LeBron's chance to steal one at the Palace, and he blew it." How can 'the next Jordan' be held to 10 points? Granted he had 9 assists, but I expect him to get much more aggressive as the series progresses. I bet he's kicking himself though, becasue the Pistons sucked and he missed a golden opportunity.

May 22nd, 2007, 11:30 am
Site Admin

Well...a superstar would have taken it to the hoop at the end and jammed and LIKELY gotten a call to make it a 3 point play. They lost that game...the Pistons were trying their best to give it away.

May 22nd, 2007, 11:36 am
Profile WWW
NFL Team Captain

Did you guys see King James and his mates yellin at each other at the end of the game? I almost think that his teamates resent him. He cannot beat the Pistons by himself. He is the star and his teammates need to support him. I don't see this happening throughout the series. The Pistons in 5. :idea:

May 22nd, 2007, 12:15 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

:evil:

NEVER GIVE UP!

May 30th, 2007, 12:50 pm
Did you guys see King James and his mates yellin at each other at the end of the game? I almost think that his teamates resent him. He cannot beat the Pistons by himself. He is the star and his teammates need to support him. I don't see this happening throughout the series. The Pistons in 5. :idea:

So much for this one...

Lebron really has been amazing for the last two games. Hopefully it provided a much needed wake-up call to the Stones and they whoop some azz in game 5...

May 30th, 2007, 1:23 pm
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

Unfortunately wjb, so much for my prediction of the Pistons in 6. This series is surely going 7.

On a side note, how about that ego manic Kobe putting the spot light on himself in the playoffs by asking to be traded. He makes me sick :puke:

Tim

May 30th, 2007, 2:20 pm
Site Admin

I hate to say it but I fear the worst for the stones...they are not playing a complete game and rotate looking bad on offense and then defense. Chauncy has not played well and that is killing us. And they have guys like that rookie Gibson getting off and that should not be happening.

May 31st, 2007, 9:29 am
Profile WWW
Unfortunately wjb, so much for my prediction of the Pistons in 6. This series is surely going 7.

On a side note, how about that ego manic Kobe putting the spot light on himself in the playoffs by asking to be traded. He makes me sick :puke:

Damn... unfortunately we now have to HOPE it's a 7 game series... I think it will be, but who knows at this point... What bothers me is... The Cavs aren't winning these games, we're giving them away... Don't get my wrong, Lebron's performance tonight was great. I'm not taking anything away from that, but the Pistons are a FAR better team than the Cavs, they're just making stupid mistakes and failing to execute... I miss Larry Brown...

As for Kobe goes... I really don't think it has anything to do with wanting to be the center of attention... I think his timing has more to do with the draft and the added possibilty of a team offering a draft pick as part of a package deal to get him...

June 1st, 2007, 12:34 am
Div 1 - Starter

Chauncey has been atrocious. He and Tay appear afraid to shoot when they're open for spot-up jumpers, opting instead to make a quick pass into traffic or a skip pass.

Somehow we are incapable of forcing somebody other than LeBron to score the ball in the closing minutes. We can't deny? At least give him those amazing fall away contested jumpers, but deny the driving all the way to the hole!! WTF?!

This team is cooked. They look terrible. LeBron IS beating them by himself. The Pistons I know are the better team, but I have not seen that team in quite a while. It's sad.

My favorite day ever as a Lions fan.

Somehow landing the Ndamo-nator would be the second best day ever.

June 1st, 2007, 12:36 am
Varsity 1st Team

The Pistons need to just foul LeBron really hard a few times (Or at least get in his way when he is driving the lane with 6 seconds left in double overtime).

He scored something like the Cavaliers final 27 points and 30 of the last 31. That is RIDICULOUS.

June 1st, 2007, 1:18 pm
RIP Killer

The refs were atrocious in the 4th quarter last game!

Was I the only one who noticed that LeBron DOVE at Tay in the lane when Tay was planted (I believe it was Tay). He f'ing dove at him! LeBron was pushing off on Chauncy on every damn play and never getting called for it.

The game was pathetic.

June 1st, 2007, 3:21 pm
Reply to topic   [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next