View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 27th, 2014, 7:55 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Will Hasek and Bertuzzi be back with Wings? 
Modmin Dude

Post Will Hasek and Bertuzzi be back with Wings?
freep.com wrote:
Will Hasek and Bertuzzi be back with Wings?

May 23, 2007

I think if the Wings and Todd Bertuzzi can come to an agreement money-wise, he’ll be back, no question. As for Dominik Hasek – who knows?

Immediately after the 4-3 loss in Game 6 of the Western Conference Finals against the Ducks, Hasek stood in the visitors room – and gave little clue as to his future.

“It’s very possible it was my last game, but I don’t know,” he said. “Two weeks to three weeks, then I’m going to make decision.

“It’s my future, what I want to do. It’s me and my family. I love this game, I love to compete, I hate to have a long summer but I also have to think what I want in the future.”

The Wings, from the front office to the skaters, want him back. And if he survived one whole season without injuring his fragile groin – which had cost him finishing the previous two seasons – he surely can last another. But he’s 42, and his wife and children are still at home in the Czech Republic, and maybe that will make him decide to retire.

As for Bertuzzi, he wants to return to the Wings, no question, though his first priority is getting healthy. Bertuzzi missed five months during the regular season recovering from back surgery, during which he was traded to Detroit, on Feb. 27. But in the three months he’s been in Detroit, he’s fit in extremely well in the dressing room, and clearly wants another go at playing with the Wings.

“This is a place I’d like to stay,” Bertuzzi said. “It was a dressing room I felt very comfortable in. I really enjoyed it. I was very fortunate that I got a chance to come play here. Losing is a super-letdown because we know we could have easily advanced.”

Copyright © 2007 Detroit Free Press Inc.

I would tell Hasek to make up his mind really quick like. I would NOT let him jerk us around like he did last time. As for Bert - bring him back. I'd like to see what he can do with us in a full season.

Last edited by TheRealWags on May 24th, 2007, 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

May 23rd, 2007, 6:51 pm
I'm guessing that rambling at the begining of your post was related to Dom... I would love to see Dom come back... When he should have been over-worked due to travel and his age I think it was Bernie that asked him how he's holding up... He replied... I could only play "2-3 more periods tonight" which was HILARIOUS... he was basically saying that he could play one more additional game... THAT DAY... He's a great goal-tender, and IMO we'd be lucky to have him back... His ability hasn't slowed with age, and I would love to see him back next year...

That said.. I don't know why he would want to come back here.. He's a much better goalie than "Giggie" yet whose moving on???... Our defense is pure poop... you can say that Schneider was out and blah blah blah... but the bottom line is we are NOT physical enough at the blue-line, and we need to get much better on the defensive end of the puck to be a true contender... In the new salary cap era I don't know how much Hasek is worth, how much he'll demand, or how much it would cost us to fix our D, but the bottom line is no matter who we have in net, we're screwed until we fix our defense....

May 24th, 2007, 2:43 am
RIP Killer

One question - why is Hasek so damn predictable? I've been watching this guy for years and years, and even I knew that on that intercepted pass, Selanne was going to sling it high while Hasek was going to flop around on the ice like a fish, as usual.

May 24th, 2007, 8:13 am
One question - why is Hasek so damn predictable? I've been watching this guy for years and years, and even I knew that on that intercepted pass, Selanne was going to sling it high while Hasek was going to flop around on the ice like a fish, as usual.

He's technically sound... He's doing what he's supposed to be doing... I guess you could go against the percentages once in a while, but IMO the better thing to do would be to... IDK... FIX THE DEFENSE.... Our defense was wretched all playoffs, and not just because Schneider was banged up... We need to get bigger and more physical at the blue line...

May 24th, 2007, 9:39 pm
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

I'd really like to see Hasek return for another season. If he wants 2-3 weeks to decide, that's fine. He just has to come to a decision before free agency starts on July 1st. As for Bertuzzi, I just don't know. If the doctors feel that he can return to his previous form, then try to sign him for a reasonable salary. If they think his back will continue to give him problems or he wants anything close to $5M per year, then let him go.

As for the defense, the Wings were missing a huge piece in Kronwall. Once he returns healthy, that should shore up their defense right there. Adding one more rugged defenseman wouldn't hurt, either.

May 25th, 2007, 7:00 pm
RIP Killer

You can't have all Kronwall type players for depth. I think Kronwall, Schneider, Chelios, Lindstrom, are all excellent players. I do think Lilja should go, I don't like him. You can't expect your minimal PT players to step up and play big in the playoffs when they're getting the hell beat out of them by teams like San Jose and Calgary.

May 26th, 2007, 10:22 pm
Modmin Dude

Does anyone know why Hudler wasn't playing in the playoffs??? I know he was there for a couple games in the first series, but nowhere to be found after that.....

May 30th, 2007, 10:06 am
Varsity 1st Team

Bertuzzi came back from his concussion and Hudler got the scratch. Although, I think he probably would have been a better choice to play than Lang was.

May 30th, 2007, 2:50 pm
Modmin Dude

Bertuzzi came back from his concussion and Hudler got the scratch. Although, I think he probably would have been a better choice to play than Lang was.

My thoughts exactly

May 30th, 2007, 3:25 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]