View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 28th, 2014, 4:39 am

Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Pistons-Cavs Series 
RIP Killer

The refs were atrocious in the 4th quarter last game!

Was I the only one who noticed that LeBron DOVE at Tay in the lane when Tay was planted (I believe it was Tay). He f'ing dove at him! LeBron was pushing off on Chauncy on every damn play and never getting called for it.

The game was pathetic.

I give LJ his props, dood couldn't miss last night...but ease off his nuts ESPN, he's not MJ.

June 1st, 2007, 3:21 pm
The refs were atrocious in the 4th quarter last game!

Was I the only one who noticed that LeBron DOVE at Tay in the lane when Tay was planted (I believe it was Tay). He f'ing dove at him! LeBron was pushing off on Chauncy on every damn play and never getting called for it.

The game was pathetic.

I give LJ his props, dood couldn't miss last night...but ease off his nuts ESPN, he's not MJ.

I agree... you sure can tell that there isn't much real sporting news going on today... They have more or less turned the LeBron story into a documentary already...

June 1st, 2007, 3:31 pm
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

Haven't posted anything because I had previous plans last night and didn't watch the game and I got really pissed when I found out how they lost. Seeing the replays I saw, it was pretty pathetic. Can't say the Pistons didn't hustle because I didn't watch, but seing LeBron continually get in the lane and dunk or finish time after time was enough for me to draw a conclusion. For some reason the Pistons have lost their heart and I'm not sure they are gonna find it in time. They need to drop this non chalant attitude and play their asses off or they are done. This is clearly not the same Cleveland team we beat last year in games 6 and 7. This is a gut check to the nth degree. I'm not saying the Pistons are done, but it looks pretty damning.

On a positive note, Dice didn't get suspended for game 6, so hopefully he plays his rectum off....

Tim

June 1st, 2007, 4:50 pm
The whole Dice discussion pissed me off... IMO he shouldn't have even gotten ejected. I don't think we lose that game if Dice plays...

That said NO MORE EASY BUCKETS FOR LEBRON!!!... Foul his azz... he's not the greatest free throw shooter so foul him and take him off of his game...

June 1st, 2007, 5:26 pm
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

well, the Stones will be watching the finals from home!

Cavs vs Spurs

David Sterns wishes have come true..Spurs won't screw around like the Pistons..hopefully the refs don't do a job on the Spurs like they did on the Pistons

June 3rd, 2007, 12:36 am
Junior Varsity

Cavs vs Spurs

David Sterns wishes have come true..Spurs won't screw around like the Pistons..hopefully the refs don't do a job on the Spurs like they did on the Pistons

:cry: I'm starting to hate the NBA. It's the same fixed sh*t as ever and manipulating the game to appease the star gazers is cheapening it.

Thank you, Pistons....I love ya STILL! :idea: :idea: :idea:

Eldridge Cleaver

Go get 'em, TIGERS!!! :)

June 3rd, 2007, 1:04 am
Profile YIM
ChazMaster wrote:

Cavs vs Spurs

:cry: I'm starting to hate the NBA. It's the same fixed sh*t as ever and manipulating the game to appease the star gazers is cheapening it.

Thank you, Pistons....I love ya STILL! :idea: :idea: :idea:

I agree with you.. I shut the game off in the 2nd period (but not for long) when McDyess got called for a blocking foul when it was CLEARLY a charge because he was "inside the d/l zone" (which he was CLEARLY over 4 inches out of)... Then, after having a call go the total opposite way and a possible three point play... on the subsequent possession at the other end it was clearly a blocking foul and they called it a charge... That alone was a 4-5 point swing, a momentum shifter, and a game altering call... I said right then and there "well, we all know who the league wants to win"... at that moment I knew we were going to lose... and no, it wasn't just those two calls, it was those two calls after 4-5 questionable calls...

IMO The Stones looked like they couldn't do anything out there... and for good reason... The refs. controlled this game and gave it to the Cavs... The league simply wants another superstar and has ordained James... Sure, he had an amazing game 5, but it's not too hard to get "on a roll" when you're either getting a bucket or two foul shots on most of your possessions... I'm disgusted with basketball...

June 3rd, 2007, 2:45 am
Mr. Irrelevant

You can actually see the calls change in game 3...

June 3rd, 2007, 10:07 pm
RIP Killer

The Stones got completely F'D in game 5 and 6 on the calls. Completely F'D. I have watched both games twice and slow-mo'd through the bulk of the calls I thought were questionable. Pathetic. Getting the Stones into foul trouble early really hurt them. Losing McD one game and Sheed the next...

At least Stern got his wish of "the next Jordan" playing in the Finals against the world's favorite player - Tim Duncan.

June 4th, 2007, 8:40 pm
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

there is a guy on another board who thinks 93 percent of all calls are called correct!! even with this series..The stones just played so poorly, but they did not need the refs to help them out in losing!

June 5th, 2007, 7:20 pm
there is a guy on another board who thinks 93 percent of all calls are called correct!! even with this series..The stones just played so poorly, but they did not need the refs to help them out in losing!

As a ref if you give me 7% of the calls, I guaranty you I could change the outcome of the game... It's not about how many, it's about when...

June 6th, 2007, 1:57 am
RIP Killer

As a ref if you give me 7% of the calls, I guaranty you I could change the outcome of the game... It's not about how many, it's about when...

I agree, to an extent. If they're giving LeBron every call when he drives to the hole, or let Shaq push off non-stop, it doesn't matter when the call is made, it does matter how many of those. It's pathetic when one player knows he'll get a call if he does something, so he does it over and over (LeBron driving to the hoop - you breathe on him and it's a foul) and he ends up shooting 20 FTs!

Is it just smart to take advantage of that? CB never got call after call going to the hoop.

June 6th, 2007, 12:54 pm
Div 1 - Starter

yeah, it pissed me off that Daniel Gibson even started getting calls--like that one they called a block on 'Dyess after Boobie bowled him over. I love NBA basketball, but the officiating is making it horrible to watch.

My favorite day ever as a Lions fan.

Somehow landing the Ndamo-nator would be the second best day ever.

June 6th, 2007, 2:41 pm
wjb21ndtown wrote:

I agree, to an extent. If they're giving LeBron every call when he drives to the hole, or let Shaq push off non-stop, it doesn't matter when the call is made, it does matter how many of those. It's pathetic when one player knows he'll get a call if he does something, so he does it over and over (LeBron driving to the hoop - you breathe on him and it's a foul) and he ends up shooting 20 FTs!

Is it just smart to take advantage of that? CB never got call after call going to the hoop.

Sheed never got his calls either... Another point to make of the "93% of the calls are right" is... Like holding in football, on EVERY aggressive offensive play there is some sort of foul somewhere... It's not always just the calls, but sometimes the non-calls that effect a game as well... Conversion mentioned CB not getting calls, and you can add Sheed to that list too...

June 6th, 2007, 2:42 pm
RIP Killer

They started bumping Rip like crazy in the Cavs series when he was trying to get open. I like physical ball, but if you're going to call that kind of crap for LeBron, do the same for Rip. Sheed gets away with a lot, but he plays physical ball and he gets a lot of no-calls as well.

June 6th, 2007, 4:54 pm
Reply to topic   [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next