View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 25th, 2014, 3:06 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Arenas?? 
Site Admin

Post Arenas??
Gilbert is looking to opt out of his deal... :shock:
http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar ... 004/SPORTS

June 11th, 2007, 1:56 pm
Profile WWW
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

Yeah, I saw that. But you know damn well Washington is not going to let him get away........

Tim

June 11th, 2007, 3:34 pm
Site Admin

Monday, June 11, 2007

NBA: Pistons

Dumars: 'There is no fire sale'

Pistons president is disappointed about postseason outcome, but not discouraged.

Joanne C. Gerstner / The Detroit News

AUBURN HILLS -- Pistons president Joe Dumars said Monday afternoon he's not looking to make big changes to the team -- but he's also not unwilling to explore big moves.

Dumars, in a standard postseason tradition, sat down with the media at the Pistons practice facility to field questions.

He clearly isn't happy with the way the season ended, with a second straight loss in the Eastern Conference finals. The Pistons lost 4-2 to the Cavaliers this year, and in seven games to the Heat in 2006.

"I'm disappointed. We're disappointed, but not discouraged," Dumars said. "There's a big difference about being disappointed about something and being discouraged. I sit here today extremely disappointed in the outcome, the way the season ended.

"My picture not as bleak as some. My job is to keep us forward-thinking, keeping an open mind about what it takes to make that next step. We're trying to maintain this position of being a contender year in and year out. Really looking forward to the summer, the opportunities that summer may bring."

Dumars will be busy this summer, with re-signing free agent starting guard Chauncey Billups as the top priority.

The Pistons also need to deal with a few other issues:

Determining if veteran guard Lindsey Hunter will retire or return.

Center Chris Webber is a free agent (and he also could retire).

Possibly trading little-used center Nazr Mohammed.

The Pistons also have three picks in the NBA Draft on June 28.

Dumars has been amused by calls from fans and some media pundits to break up the team through trading the starters. While he said he would not rule out any individual moves, don't look for a new starting five for the Pistons next season.

"There is no fire sale," Dumars said. "They say trade somebody, get rid of somebody, that's the easy part -- give me the guy to get back. Who do you get back to maintain this level? We've been to the Finals twice, bogged down conference finals the last two years.

"My job to look at it, leave no stone turned, be blunt, and do what takes to get over hump."

You can reach Joanne C. Gerstner at (313) 223-4644 or joanne.gerstner@detnews.com.

Do something JOE!

June 11th, 2007, 4:27 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]