View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently August 23rd, 2014, 9:30 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Pistons trade Carlos Delfino. 
Veteran General Manager

Post Pistons trade Carlos Delfino.
Quote:
Pistons trade Delfino to Raptors for 2 second-round draft picks
June 15, 2007

AUBURN HILLS, Mich. (AP) -- The Detroit Pistons traded guard Carlos Delfino to the Toronto Raptors on Friday for second-round draft picks in 2009 and 2010.

"We appreciate everything Carlos did for us while he was here and we wish him all the best with Toronto," Pistons president of basketball operations Joe Dumars said.

Delfino, from Argentina, was drafted 25th overall by Detroit in 2003, and averaged 4.4 points, 2.4 rebounds and 0.9 assists in 180 games with the Pistons.

During the 2006-07 regular season, the 6-foot-6 guard averaged 5.2 points and 3.2 rebounds in 16.8 minutes while appearing in all 82 games. He played in all 16 of Detroit's playoff games, averaging 2.3 points and 1.3 rebounds in 8.4 minutes.

The 25-year-old player is set to make just over $1.8 million next season.

"Carlos is a talented basketball player that should thrive in our system," Raptors GM Bryan Colangelo said. "Like many international players that come to the league, he has much more professional experience than his NBA resume suggests."

Delfino spent four seasons with Reggio Calabria (2000-02) and Skipper Bologna (2003-04) of the Italian league before joining the NBA. He was a member of Argentina's gold medal-winning team in the 2004 Olympics.

Detroit's other first-round pick in the 2003 draft was Darko Milicic, a 7-foot center from the former Serbia and Montenegro taken No. 2 overall behind Cleveland's LeBron James and ahead of Carmelo Anthony, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh. Milicic appeared in 96 games over 2 1/2 seasons before being traded to Orlando in February 2006 in a deal that gives Detroit the Magic's 15th pick overall June 28 in the NBA draft.

June 15th, 2007, 11:39 pm
Site Admin

2nd rounders? I mean Delfino was no wiz but 2 2nd rounders might as well be the poop from the bottom of someones birdcage :roll:

June 16th, 2007, 2:13 pm
Profile WWW
Eh, something for nothing is the way I look at it... Wasn't he a 2nd round pick to begin with?... Carlos was alright, I'm sure he can start for some teams, but IMO he isn't any good off of the bench, and that's what we need him to do. He provides a little bit of energy off of the bench, but he's not a great defender, and his shot seems to take some warming up before he gets his game on... To me, that's not what this team needs...

June 16th, 2007, 4:54 pm
Veteran General Manager

I think this gives the Pistons some ammo to move up from the #15 overall ( via Orlando from the Darko trade ).

The Pistons currently own :
Pick #15
Pick #27
Pick #57
This year.

They could also package a current player and future draft picks.

Is there a really good PG that Joe likes around #9 ( A trade with Isaah? )?
Chauncey in a sign and trade involving picks 15 & 57?

June 16th, 2007, 7:50 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]