View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 2nd, 2014, 4:42 am

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 Another Top 10 Trade Rumor 
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

Post Another Top 10 Trade Rumor
MN uses its two first rounders to move up to Miami's spot and grab Braylon Edwards.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylc=X ... &type=lgns

Why did no one over us this deal for Charles Rogers?

April 20th, 2005, 9:27 pm
RIP Killer

ESPN was talking about Minn moving up with SF because they think they could get a better deal than with Miami, since Miami will want a lot.

April 20th, 2005, 9:48 pm
QB Coach

Minnesota needs to move up for one of the elite receivers...

I think that Tampa Bay will end up picking at #5, because Alex Smith will go #1 and they don't want to have to pay that pricetag.

They supposedly only offered their 3rd round pick with #5 to move up to #1.

April 21st, 2005, 1:55 am
Profile WWW
Hall of Fame Player

All I can say is that it works to the Lions atvantage to see Minnesota have 1 pick in the first round instead of 2. So I don't mind that at all.

April 21st, 2005, 5:19 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Minnesota has already gone on record and stated that they won't trade both first round picks this year to move up. Neither will Washington. Dallas may want to move up one or two spots from the number eleven. San Diego isn't saying too much about anything, and they haven't really got the mid round picks to make a move anyways.

Sorry to burst your bubble.

April 21st, 2005, 7:00 am
RIP Killer

Now I'm hearing that Washington has contacted all of the teams with top five picks about their being able to trade up. With the 9th and 25th picks they have enough ammunition to move into the fourth spot, but Chicago has not shown a willingness to deal down. They could possibly entice Cleveland into a move, but may have to sweeten the pot. Washington does not have a second or third round pick this year and have already sacrificed their first and fourth in 2006 to get the 25th pick this year. It seems that Washington is completely enamored with Braylon Edwards.

April 21st, 2005, 9:46 am
RIP Killer

April 21st, 2005, 9:49 am
RIP Killer

You're telling me. They gave up their third this year, next years first and fourth, and now may trade their ninth and twenty fifth to get Edwards. In essence they would use three first round picks to get him, along with a third this year and fourth next year. That's too much for ANY player, even a Randy Moss or Jerry Rice.

April 21st, 2005, 9:52 am
National Champion

This trade would make a lot of sense for Minnesota. They've filled most of their needs on defense in free agency and can afford to give up a lot in terms of picks to secure whom they think is the marquee player in the draft.

April 21st, 2005, 10:00 am
Modmin Dude

Braylon will be the #1 overall pick and Minny will get screwed :lol:

April 21st, 2005, 10:23 am
RIP Killer

I have heard that some teams have Troy Williamson as the top overall receiver available on their draft boards. The teams were not identified, but I wonder if Minnesota was among them?

April 21st, 2005, 10:54 am
RIP Killer

Wouldn't surprise me. I can't see why Minn wouldn't wait until 7 and take Williamson, the kid is going to be very good in the NFL. Maybe never a Jerry Rice type player, but the kid is going to be very solid.

April 21st, 2005, 12:01 pm
RIP Killer

Minnesota has three players that they will choose from if they stay at number seven. Derrick Johnson, Shawne Merriman and Troy Williamson. I doubt that Edwards or Mike Williams falls to them. Of those three, Merriman and Williamson fill immediate needs as they need a number one receiver and a quality end to play opposite Udeze. Should the Vikes take Williamson, they can still land a quality DE at number 18. However, if they take Merriman they won't get a number one receiver this year in the draft. Mark Clayton and Roddy White would be reaches at 18, and neither is a true number one receiver. I think they should go with Williamson. Then again, I don't want them to get much better.........

April 21st, 2005, 12:24 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

I do not know. I think they might pass on Williams and go with Williamson. I do no think they would look LB or CB, but perhaps RB. They could still push up to get Braylan too.

April 21st, 2005, 1:20 pm
RIP Killer

If Minnesota wants Braylon bad enough, they could offer Cleveland their seventh overall, plus their second rounder and a second rounder next year to get the number three provided Edwards is available at that spot on Saturday. There will probably be quite a few draft day deals on Saturday. Probably more in the second and third rounds than we typically see. More GMs and coaches are targeting players in those rounds and thinking of just taking the BPA in round one regardless of needs.

April 21st, 2005, 1:31 pm
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]